Distance?

makavelli

I dont know where to stay in Bangkok, either sukhumvit or Patpong.

If I stay in a hotel like Bel-Air Princess on Sukhumvit, how far is it to Patpong market?

Also what is Patpong like for partying?

Is Sukhumvit better area to stay?/quote]

What market in Patpong? The GO-GO bar "meat market," the street markets, the night market?

You can reach many "markets" from a hotel that's on Sukhumvit simply by taking the Skytrain. If you like the Patpong Go-Go bar scene - try the Nana Entertainment Complex/Center on Sukhumvit Soi 4. It's ike Patpong with less hassle and cheaper too!

I dont know where to stay in Bangkok, either sukhumvit or Patpong.

If I stay in a hotel like Bel-Air Princess on Sukhumvit, how far is it to Patpong market?

Also what is Patpong like for partying?

Is Sukhumvit better area to stay?

Sukhumvit is definitely a better area to stay as it's a really long street with a lot of normal places to go to. Patpong is right off the Skytrain and can't be more than 20-30 minute ride from the Bel-Aire Princess. Or your friendly Sukhumvit tuk-tuk driver will gladly take you there to a place where he gets a kick back.

Tried going there once just to check it out and got so sick of the touts grabbing me for "sex DVD" and everything else that I left. Guess I have some kind of look or something because there were single guys right in front of me they didn't bother with.

Assuming being around some gay people doesn't bother you there's a place at Rama4 and Soi Ngam Dupli called the Pinnacle Lumpini. The rooms are mostly nice and newly renovated and it is in a decent location. Across from the Lumpini Boxing stadium .. and very close to Suan Lum Night Bazaar.

A short walk to Lumpini station for the Subway ... near some great restaurants and easy to get back to from almost anywhere after the skytrains and subways stop running for the night.

I do have to admit that I LOVE going to Suan Lum so that is why I pick it when friends are staying in town.

Another great choice is the Sofitel Siam Square ... you can get good rates online (Orbitz even) and there's not a more central place to be in ... the rooms are fabulous if somewhat small.