Where To Buy Grass Seed

ddeellbbooyy

Lad's & Ladies

Where can i buy some grass seed for my lawn , i'm up close to Nong Khai just near phon phisai l've seen grass being sold at the garden shops but can't find no grass seed . i did ask the other half but she seems to think you can't buy any here any idea's would be great .

Cheers

Delboy

This subject has been discussed at length in the farming forum. Grass seed for lawns can onlybe purchased in Bangkok, Pattaya and perhaps Chiang Mai. It is nearly always Bermuda grass from the USA. The other turf grasses one sees in garden centres throughout Thasiland are the fine leaved type, (Yaa nuannoi (Zoysia) and the broadleaved type Malaysia grass (Yaa Malaya) ofwhich no seed is sold in Thailand.

• Like 1

I Buy 8 kilo of grasseed in Holland in send it by post takes about 2 weeks to get it and paid about 600 THB importtaks

Grass seed from Holland must be a temperate cultivar. Most likely a turf ryegrass, or a bent grass or a fine fescue. I would be very interested to know if your "Holland" purchased grass grows and persists for many years in Thailand. If it does, you must be living in a very cool part of northern Thailand. If one wants to buy tropical turf grass seeds, then buy from Australian or USA seed companies.