39-Year-Old Australian Survives 18-Storey Hotel Plunge In Phuket

webfact

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a great believer that only the man upstairs decides when one is going to die I myself have been that close when I was serving in the military I can only think that I had a guardian angel looking over me, hope the guy fully recovers from his injuries and does not end up in a wheelchair for the rest of his life

• Like 1

"Lt Col Kittipong said that Mr Hurley was due to check out of the hotel today."

I think he rather fancied 'checking-out' a bit earlier than that.

"Lt Col Kittipong said that Mr Hurley was due to check out of the hotel today."

I think he rather fancied 'checking-out' a bit earlier than that.

Rather a desperate way to avoid paying the bill don't you think!!!

• Like 1

There was a documentary called The Bridge about Golden Gate jumpers. Many who sruvived said the same thing, but actual data iis indeed on the decline.

[A lot of times people change their mind mid-air.]

Pretty difficult to get data on that, I would imagine.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

18-20 storey hotel with balcony..... Recipe for disaster....

Nowadays in most hotel, above 3 floors, you can not even open the window: only have a fixed glass panel...

Open balconies in a tourist town where 75% of visitors are all drunk daily is plain stupid sad.png

Edited by CantSpell

18-20 storey hotel with balcony..... Recipe for disaster....

Nowadays in most hotel, above 3 floors, you can not even open the window: only have a fixed glass panel...

Open balconies in a tourist town where 75% of visitors are all drunk daily is plain stupid sad.png

And wild guesses about the number of drunk tourists is sensible?blink.png

• Like 1

Most luxury hotels in Hong Kong / Singapore and no doubt other south east Asian countries permanantley lock or weld shut any windows above the third floor to prevent just this sort of thing happening. Sadly the building codes here in Thailand do not think it is worth such precaution's.

He must be the luckiest person "alive" now.

I am a great believer that only the man upstairs decides when one is going to die I myself have been that close when I was serving in the military I can only think that I had a guardian angel looking over me, hope the guy fully recovers from his injuries and does not end up in a wheelchair for the rest of his life

cheesy.gif

Edited by metisdead
: 30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.
  • Like 1

Most luxury hotels in Hong Kong / Singapore and no doubt other south east Asian countries permanantley lock or weld shut any windows above the third floor to prevent just this sort of thing happening. Sadly the building codes here in Thailand do not think it is worth such precaution's.

He must be the luckiest person "alive" now.

A Manhattan man jumped to his death from the 42nd floor of a posh Midtown hotel early this morning — horrifying Los Angeles Angels baseball players who were boarding the team bus for Yankee Stadium.

Drunk banker jumped seven floors into Singapore harbour while being filmed by a friend on a mobile for a dare (Fullerton Bay Luxury Hotel.

Prominent Hong Kong actor Leslie Cheung committed suicide at the hotel. On April 1, 2003 Cheung jumped from the Mandarin Oriental 24th floor. Evidence suggests he suffered from depression.

What- or whoever- made him jump doesn't change the fact that just too many foreigners "jump" down of tall buildings here.

Hope he'll fully recover and no problems with hospital bills etc...wai2.gif

Congratulations!!! Only a few posts in and we get shadowy ennuendo about people jumping form buildings. However surely the primary motivation for your post was the kind desire to wish the poor fellow well. biggrin.png

Well that depends as I have an entirely different view point on that!If by any chance the 15 related calls were to confirm his imminent death by suicide..who cares?I know of a few people at this present moment who would give anything for good health and to live their life like everyone else...He should become a priest after this because he is surely blessed!!

Why speculate on why he came down. Is it useful or does it give better info in this. Sometimes I think that people just respond on topics for fun............................

yes.......what othyer reason would you waste time writing anything, wht other useful purpose could thetre be.l

Got to be the luckiest guy in the world . . . . if it was an accident.

Or the unluckiest guy in the world, if he was trying to kill himself

That depends on how he felt about killing himself after he was airborne. A lot of times people change their mind mid-air.

Although that may be true, I am really curious to know how you come by the information?

Edited by Dap

That depends on how he felt about killing himself after he was airborne. A lot of times people change their mind mid-air.

I am really curious to know how you come by that information?

I thought he was being facetious ....?

I am really curious to know how you come by that information?

They ask the people who post on Thai Visa who have never been to Pattaya but know all about the city. A lot of good information there. Similar mindsets.

Edited by chiangmaikelly
  • Like 1

Maybe it is not very popular to say, but I think, that we have the free choice to saying goodbye to this world, if that is what we wish. Noone can be forced to live here. Then there are the responsibilities to one's family, etc., and that can be discussed, endlessly, I think.

Then there is the discussion about what made him so depressed. The girls? Some of them surely can make a man's life unbearable, at least as long as he do not understand the culture. I have seen farangs go to the dogs in Thailand on more than one occasion, due to girls.

• Like 1

I wasn't going to post anything here .. but can't help myself. To those of you who have already decided it was a suicide attempt THEN chose to post comments ridiculing him... you make me want to puke ! ... and I will tell you why.

A dear mate of mine, a truly nice guy once went through some terrible personal drama and gave up all desire to live. ... I was able to talk him around. But to see him in such depths of despair was truly sad. This guy in Phuket was a person, some one's son, clearly in a bad way, how dare you trivialise something like this. I've said my piece.

His choice and his choice only...no sympathy on here when so many people (young kids included)haven't got that choice lying in hospital wards right now..there's my two bobs worth!!

Excuse me. How do you know that?

18 stories, that is amazing..thank heavens he is alive. I hope his recovery is swift.

I don't believe I have ever heard of anyone surviving that kind of fall.

I can only wish him all the best...

coffee1.gif

i think the highest survived fall was a russian air hostess that got sucked out of a plane at 29000ft and lived. she fell in some snow covered trees

[A lot of times people change their mind mid-air.]

Pretty difficult to get data on that, I would imagine.

If this guy recovers his insight into his thoughts and feelings mid-flight will be worth some serious scientific study. It could be extremely valuable. This could be a world record.

How could you say that. Have you talked to a person right as they leap off a building?