Yingluck To Discuss Trade With David Cameron On Final Day Of U K Visit

webfact

THAI-UK TIES

Yingluck to discuss trade with British premier on final day of UK visit

The Nation

LONDON: -- Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is meeting her British counterpart David Cameron today in London for a trade-focused discussion on business opportunities between the two countries.

Yingluck, who is on a three-day official visit to the United Kingdom that ends later today, said that she would meet the British premier to discuss increased mutual cooperation in tourism, trade and investment, and to upgrade strategic partnership relations.

Thai News Agency quoted Yingluck as saying she wants more ways to conduct and facilitate trade and investment, as she sees more growth in the future.

She will use the opportunity to explain Thailand’s water management plan resulting from last year's devastating floods to build confidence among British businesspeople.

Yingluck said that during the talks, she will ask the United Kingdom to reduce the red tape for visa applications for Thai citizens wanting to travel for business and study. She said Thailand has already eased the process for visa applications and the issuing of business licences to help British businesses to invest in Thailand.

The two premiers were scheduled to announce a joint statement of intent establishing a 'Strategic Dialogue' as a mechanism for high-level bilateral discussions to follow up and set directions for mutual cooperation in the future.

On Tuesday, Yingluck was granted an audience by HM Queen Elizabeth II and extended her wishes on behalf of the Thai government and Thai people for the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth’s accession to the throne, her diamond jubilee.

Yingluck later gave a keynote address under the topic "Thailand: Unparalleled Opportunities" during a luncheon meeting with executives from leading British companies.

The luncheon was meant to inform Britain's business community of investment opportunities in Asean, and to strengthen mutual relations and networks between the private sectors of the two countries.

The Thai premier also visited St. Pancras railway station to observe London's high speed rail system.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11-14

DC;if you lower your import tax duties for thailand so we have a level playing field ,we will buy more of your "shoddy" low quality goods and not return them, even if the fruit n' veg is toxic

YS; OK,.......what mean ?

Just when the most attractive PM in the world was doing so well she trips up again. I'm not sure which speech it was,but reading the script, it read,'thank you'(3 times),ie turn the head 180 degrees in all, thanking the audience to the left, centre and right.

But our beautiful lady read it as,'thank you three times'!

Disaster!

Just when the most attractive PM in the world was doing so well she trips up again. I'm not sure which speech it was,but reading the script, it read,'thank you'(3 times),ie turn the head 180 degrees in all, thanking the audience to the left, centre and right.

Disaster!

is there a you tube clip of this? Priceless if there is

Disaster!

No happy ending then.

Nothing but naysayer responses. face up to it the world wants yingluck and her brother to visit and they know more than you lot. Please tell me where Abhisit or a Democratic delegation were invited or went in 3 years.... Nowhere as his puppet position was known by the rest of the world. He did not have the clout to make a decision without at least 1 phone call. Carry on the Shinawatras trying to get Thailand on the world stage for the right reasons not the wrong ones (snipering your own people in your capital city)

• Like 1

I didn't give her speech to much thought until I ran across the part where she says she has made it easier for visa restriction and I am assuming she is talking about work permits as well which is the

biggest scam of them all. We don't require them to hire four Americans to hire a Thai, we don't' charge them 5.000 baht a month .

This just proves that Thai's think our government kindness is stupidity, If anything they have gotten craftier about making us jump through more hoops just to so they can laugh and take our money .

What even funnier,is they think we don't know they are behind the copy scheme as well. No matter how many copies I bring in, they always make me copy 20bhat worth of copies. Before I

started making boat loads of duplicates knowing they would ask for them. I went in I could spend up to 60baht or more for copies. That is just for my visa, not including my work permit.

I know in the Uk you guys pay high taxes but does the UK charge them 5,000 baht a month plus pay tax on top of that to work there?

I know we don't do that in America, they just take out the normal taxes. Then lets talk about tax on the cars. I pay about 15,000 baht a year for tax

tags, I pay 600 baht a month 7200bhat a year in tax to make the payment on my car, in which I had to pay 100,000 baht on tax when I bought it.

You would think with us paying so much tax they would be more

considerate with us. This doesn't include the educational system which we contribute too.

,or the real estate market.

Nothing but naysayer responses. face up to it the world wants yingluck and her brother to visit and they know more than you lot. Please tell me where Abhisit or a Democratic delegation were invited or went in 3 years.... Nowhere as his puppet position was known by the rest of the world. He did not have the clout to make a decision without at least 1 phone call. Carry on the Shinawatras trying to get Thailand on the world stage for the right reasons not the wrong ones (snipering your own people in your capital city)

Getting onto the world stage so they can scam and steal even more - all whilst pretending to be a caring progressive government. Good thinking Batman.