Pattaya Flooded As Major Storm Front Hits The City

Rimmer

Pattaya flooded as major storm front hits the city

p6.jpg

PATTAYA:--Storms from inland hit the city this afternoon at around 3.30 and doused the city from the east to the ocean bringing traffic to a halt and causing citywide chaos.

As the rainy, monsoon, season approaches its traditional end, so the heavens opened up over the city and caused major flooding. The Sukhumvit and east side were the first to be hit as the main roads crossin g the railway lines became gushing rivers. The sukhumvit quickly joined and traffic was ground to a halt. Main city arteries first froze as traffic couldn’t leave them and then too flooded, with motorbikes and cars drenched and with no where to go.

Homes and business flooded extensively and reports from the inner main roads down to the beach indicate that the water there too hit record high levels for the year

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2012-11-14

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

It doesnt seem to mater how much or how little it rains, it still floods every where. Soi Siam is always flooded, even in a heavy fog! Its getting more and more built up, so that means there is no where for the water to go, except down the road, same as all the roads. Some of the new estates, in back of the new shop houses, are always filled with water, so dont know what will happen when the houses are finished, maybe they will just be sold in the dry season!

• Like 1

It was just an isolated outburst. This time it happened over Pattaya, but not everywhere. The weather station in Pattaya recorded only 0.5 mm of rain.

http://tmd.go.th/en/province.php?StationNumber=48461

This November is unusual for the amount of rainfall in the Center, North and East of Thailand. The weather is very hot and humid. It reminds me of November, 2005. It was similar to this one.

it was, indeed, an iscolated storm, as it went over the mountains at the back of my house we got it twice here and the sky was as black as the ace of spades. watching it go down over the city it was guaranteed that wherever it hit was going to get flooded.

Soi Siam CC Road, previously a lane, is so overbuilt it is destined to be a flood zone forever, like NPW and the others, they all run down from the hillside and the water has no where to go

It was just an isolated outburst. This time it happened over Pattaya, but not everywhere. The weather station in Pattaya recorded only 0.5 mm of rain.

http://tmd.go.th/en/province.php?StationNumber=48461

This November is unusual for the amount of rainfall in the Center, North and East of Thailand. The weather is very hot and humid. It reminds me of November, 2005. It was similar to this one.

I try and follow the Thai weather forcasts on at least 3 websites for my area in Buriram.

They never seem to get it right.

The North East area (or at least a lot of areas) got very little rain this year.

In twelve years in Thailand I have never ever seen so much rain fall so heavily for so long as yesterday as it did in Ban Ampur, the roads around Phoenix golf course were flooded the low lying ones were impassible, my three meter deep pond in the garden took over the entire garden to a depth of three inches, and the swimming pool became an infinity edge pool. Thunder and lightning right over head. All this and my wife was stuck in Ban Ampur for one hour, and this in an SUV w00t.gif

• Like 1

In twelve years in Thailand I have never ever seen so much rain fall so heavily for so long as yesterday as it did in Ban Ampur, the roads around Phoenix golf course were flooded the low lying ones were impassible, my three meter deep pond in the garden took over the entire garden to a depth of three inches, and the swimming pool became an infinity edge pool. Thunder and lightning right over head. All this and my wife was stuck in Ban Ampur for one hour, and this in an SUV w00t.gif

Happy fish then ;)

I think you'll find that Sukhumvit highway and east of it is not under the control of Pattaya City hall. I live in South Pattaya, which is, and there was no flooding anywhere near my house. All the new road surfaces and drains seem to be handling the downpours well.

What people call East Pattaya isn't really. It is East of Pattaya. What its true name is I don't know but it has little to do with Pattaya which only has a North, Central and South. We don't call Jomtien "South South Pattaya", we don't call Koh Larn "West Pattaya", because they aren't. Neither is the land east of Sukhumvit "East Pattaya".

I think you'll find that Sukhumvit highway and east of it is not under the control of Pattaya City hall. I live in South Pattaya, which is, and there was no flooding anywhere near my house. All the new road surfaces and drains seem to be handling the downpours well.

What people call East Pattaya isn't really. It is East of Pattaya. What its true name is I don't know but it has little to do with Pattaya which only has a North, Central and South. We don't call Jomtien "South South Pattaya", we don't call Koh Larn "West Pattaya", because they aren't. Neither is the land east of Sukhumvit "East Pattaya".

To the East, Pattaya City boundary is about a kilometer inland from Sukhumvit Road. What is commonly called the Dark Side or East Pattaya mainly comprises Nong Prue. map at

http://maps.google.c...Q&ved=0CIwBELYD

Edited by simple1

The water actually cleared very quickly from the main roads but the city was total gridllock all afternoon, sois in ebtween the main sois remained flooded, some above waist height. at 7 this evening the city was still totallt congested but the sukhumvit was clear of water in most areas.

what about Klang beowkow and 2nd road area - is it still flooded there ?

some would say it didnt even rain :) but according to our sources, the roads between 3rd and Bukau are still, mostly , unpassable as are many leading to 2nd rd. klang is fine but totally gridlocked until at least 7