Thai Stabbed During Fight With British Man In South Pattaya

Rimmer

So the Brit had a drunken altercation about nothing around 4.00 a.m. with some car rental guys that involved him knocking over their table. He wasn't assaulted by the Thais at the time and was able to walk away but decided to come back with a knife and have a go at them, trying to stab one of them in the chest. How stupid was that?

I hope he spends the next few years eating red rice, sleeping on his side and learning to be polite to Thai men who have just beaten him with their billy clubs.

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 2

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidence of the strength PM Yinglucks prormise to British PM David Cameron last night to look after tourists is plain for all to see. Hopefully it'll make front page news in the UK - should cause a few blushes. Maybe those blushes will be a bright as this poor blokes claret.

Oh come on Jon. Don't nesessarily like the PM but I think her promise falls short of 4.30 am, drunk and provocatively out of control.
  • Like 1

Evidence of the strength PM Yinglucks prormise to British PM David Cameron last night to look after tourists is plain for all to see. Hopefully it'll make front page news in the UK - should cause a few blushes. Maybe those blushes will be a bright as this poor blokes claret.

Oh come on Jon. Don't nesessarily like the PM but I think her promise falls short of 4.30 am, drunk and provocatively out of control.

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has a criminal record in the UK. Cameron will be happy to let him rot in a Thai prison for a few years. At least he will be properly taken care of by the warders there and won't re-offend in the UK during that time.

Sadly the Thai image of "puu dee" angrit refers to a long lost era when the only Brits that could come to Thailand were businessmen, well healed travellers and diplomats. The advent of mass market tourism has enabled to see what British people are really like.

I give the guy kudos for defending himself against these chicken shits. Maybe it will give the next gang something to think about before 5 of them jump on a lone Falang. Keep them guessing and on the defense I say.

How can you pass judgement on blame for the fracas when it is still unknown exactly what transpired.

Walking past them several times giving verbals as he was alleged to have done seems particularly naive and stupid on his part considering he was well outnumbered - kudos doesn't seem the right word for his senseless actions.

I'm sure that this gang will start panicking at the next incident involving a farang - it is clear (save for his mashed up face) that HE won the battle and that they would be in for a similar thrashing were they to repeat this again!!!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif.

She should really be out patrolling the streets with a big stick and a torch. Sort of like Batman. Only with a big stick and a torch.

I give the guy kudos for defending himself against these chicken shits. Maybe it will give the next gang something to think about before 5 of them jump on a lone Falang. Keep them guessing and on the defense I say.

How can you pass judgement on blame for the fracas when it is still unknown exactly what transpired.

Walking past them several times giving verbals as he was alleged to have done seems particularly naive and stupid on his part considering he was well outnumbered - kudos doesn't seem the right word for his senseless actions.

I'm sure that this gang will start panicking at the next incident involving a farang - it is clear (save for his mashed up face) that HE won the battle and that they would be in for a similar thrashing were they to repeat this again!!!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif.

Oh, you were there and saw everything? So is this exactly how it happened?

Oh, you were there and saw everything? So is this exactly how it happened?

Just where do I state that this is what happened??? Try looking up the word alleged in a dictionary as it might help you.

I even stated early on that NO ONE knows what transpired, did I not?

I was simply commenting on the post that I replied to showing how rediculous and wrong his take on this is (in my mind) - before you accuse me of being a know-it-all!!!

It is a shame it was not 5 Thai dogs; then we could untangle this a lot better and get to the truth; that the British man is guilty of going on a walk with the premeditated intention of assassinating these creatures.

Where were the owners of these five? Why were they loose? I am certain that the police have received reports before about these wild creatures attacking without no provocation. They lack self-restraint. As soon as they took the law into their own hands, they lost any credibility. They had the power in their hands and they blew it.

And why do Thais get the benefit of the doubt when they take aggressive action over a few words. Why can't they just tell the man to move on, or call the police. Why aren't they held to the same standard as the one they are attacking, be they Thai dog or Thai human (or semblance thereof)?

Thais are stupid if they think it is acceptable to hurt, maim or kill someone before they call the police. This is not civilized behavior, and until this changes, I place them lower on the scale than that retriever.

If you take away the fact that there were five humans ganging up on one foreigner, one would find too many similarities between this story and the ones involving feral mutts attacking foreigners. The former are guilty of behaving like dogs, and the latter is a victim of an owner with a mentality of a dog. No self-restraint... no self-will to wait for the police. I guess people behave the way their government allows them to, and animals here are a visible proof of this inference.

It's funny but a lot of these posts suggest that it is acceptable to escalate the situation beyond common sense and become aggressive before any thought is given to getting the police involved. That is where the arguments fail.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 2

5 onto 1 is fair odds in Thailand, in fact the brave Thai's should have waited for back-up. When there isn't at least 8 of you then the risk is clearly highlighted.

So if you were in a group of five friends and someone tried to stab one of you, the other four would refuse to take part because of your concern that the fight proceed according to some code of macho fairness?? What nonsense.

5 onto 1 is fair odds in Thailand, in fact the brave Thai's should have waited for back-up. When there isn't at least 8 of you then the risk is clearly highlighted.

So if you were in a group of five friends and someone tried to stab one of you, the other four would refuse to take part because of your concern that the fight proceed according to some code of macho fairness?? What nonsense.

Yep,from the photo , the guy looks like a respectable , law abiding citizen of the local community , and the British chap just attacked him with a knife for no reason at all so all his friends joined in to bash the tourist in order to SAVE their friend . Nothing macho about it, just being righteous and survival . Great !!!

PS. I don't mind being attended to by a gorgeous like that if i am injured.

5 Thais against one British ..... how fair and nice it is ...... such courage !

Normally a Brit will have a firm commitment from a Canadian, Australian, New Zealander and perhaps some Gurkhas - not to mention Bond (and by Bond I mean Sir Stevenson) working on an American - before standing up to bullies. Edited by Amaximus

Hmm - well we are not sure it is the foreigner's knife first of all, but secondly 5 guys gave him a good beating by the picture so I do not understand anyone defending the Thais - one of whom is crying he got a cut on his wrist. The Thais said the 'foreigner attacked him with his knife' - you can read that two ways. Anyway there is no excuse for a gang of scumbags blocking the pavement with a table from attacking a 'guest' in their country. They should all be arrested and charged. The English guy should know better than to court danger by passing the same set of ruffians again and by the looks of him he very like has learnt that lesson.

Before I comment on what is wrong or right, i find it both incomprehensible and irresponsible that this article was at first wriiten in the PattayaOne newspaper and secondly placed on the forum without getting the complete story. The picture clearly shows that the British man was there. They had the Thai's side of the story but could not wait a few minutes for maybe an interpreter to arrive then to see what the British man had to say before reporting what he had to say. So we are left with a one sided story and assumptions as to what really happened.

As we do not have all the information then we have to go on what has been written.

What I do not understand though is the number of posts condemning the Thai men and supporting the British man.

Reading between the lines this is as I see it. 4.30am British man been in bars all night, most likely drunk staggers along and collides into a table where a number of Thai men were sitting. More than likely the Thai men had also consumed a fair amount of alcohol (they definetely were not renting cars at that time in the morning). British man did not apologise and offer to pay for any spilt drinks, then walk away, but verbals were exchanged. British man not thinking clearly goes off but keeps on coming back, once again both parties mouthing off. British man feeling so courageous and invincible due to his alcohol level returns with a knife and after more verbals a fight starts.

Now forgive me if I have no symphathy with the British guy. He was in the wrong. He knocked over the table. He did not it seems apologise or try to smooth things over, then walk away. He kept on walking past the men aggravating the situation. He went and armed himself or had a knife on him which is illegal and suggests he was looking for a fight. This is just gross stupidity on the British man's part.

But as I have said we can only go on what (however badly) is reported.

I don't blame the 5 Thais for backing each other up if the roles were reversed and I was sitting with 4 English guys and a Thai threatened/attacked one of us then I would expect the same reaction from my British friends.

But as I started off saying we do not know the whole story and the true facts because the people that reported this story were irresponsible by not waiting a few more minutes to publish a more concise/accurate story.

• Like 1

Yes the different "branches" stick together, taxi guys, rental car/bike guys & jet ski guys (or thugs are more appropriate name for last group).

I know that the same applies in Denmark for the Taxi guys, if a colleague have a problem with customers the nearest ones will always scramble to help.

We don't know what exactly happened here but and I said BUT, if the British guy indeed attacked one of them with a knife he got what he deserved.

Like the police said, they've only heard one side of the story. Maybe he pulled a knife to attack the Thai and 4 more Thais waded in. Or there again, maybe 5 Thais were kicking the crap out of him and he used the knife to defend himself. He only appears to have made one attack rather than a sustained attack on all of them. Interesting to here his side of the story and see if independant witnesses.

Before I comment on what is wrong or right, i find it both incomprehensible and irresponsible that this article was at first wriiten in the PattayaOne newspaper and secondly placed on the forum without getting the complete story. The picture clearly shows that the British man was there. They had the Thai's side of the story but could not wait a few minutes for maybe an interpreter to arrive then to see what the British man had to say before reporting what he had to say. So we are left with a one sided story and assumptions as to what really happened.

As we do not have all the information then we have to go on what has been written.

What I do not understand though is the number of posts condemning the Thai men and supporting the British man.

Reading between the lines this is as I see it. 4.30am British man been in bars all night, most likely drunk staggers along and collides into a table where a number of Thai men were sitting. More than likely the Thai men had also consumed a fair amount of alcohol (they definetely were not renting cars at that time in the morning). British man did not apologise and offer to pay for any spilt drinks, then walk away, but verbals were exchanged. British man not thinking clearly goes off but keeps on coming back, once again both parties mouthing off. British man feeling so courageous and invincible due to his alcohol level returns with a knife and after more verbals a fight starts.

Now forgive me if I have no symphathy with the British guy. He was in the wrong. He knocked over the table. He did not it seems apologise or try to smooth things over, then walk away. He kept on walking past the men aggravating the situation. He went and armed himself or had a knife on him which is illegal and suggests he was looking for a fight. This is just gross stupidity on the British man's part.

I don't blame the 5 Thais for backing each other up if the roles were reversed and I was sitting with 4 English guys and a Thai threatened/attacked one of us then I would expect the same reaction from my British friends.

But as I started off saying we do not know the whole story and the true facts because the people that reported this story were irresponsible by not waiting a few more minutes to publish a more concise/accurate story.

What vivid imagination; and also what judges call conjecture. Like you say, better to wait and here both sided before conjuring up a colourful story.

5 Thais against one British ..... how fair and nice it is ...... such courage !

Normally a Brit will have a firm commitment from a Canadian, Australian, New Zealander and perhaps some Gurkhas - not to mention Bond (and by Bond I mean Sir Stevenson) working on an American - before standing up to bullies.

Wow 2 posts. I hope your first was more intelligent and realistic than this. Or of course, you could be a re-invented troll?

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

"

Sadly the Thai image of "puu dee" angrit refers to a long lost era when the only Brits that could come to Thailand were businessmen, well healed travellers and diplomats. The advent of mass market tourism has enabled to see what British people are really like."

I've ready some drivel posted on here too many times to recall, but this has to be one of the most ridiculous!

Judge not the man by his country, nor the country by just one man!

Correct - it's really bad to stereotype and generalise people. There are good and bad all over.

How do you know he was drunk and out of control? There is only one side of the story reported. More conjecture.

that blade looks pretty clean seeing as it has been used? who was kind enough to wipe the blood off then as surely it is evidence?

Blood doesn't typically stay on a blade after a stabbing, especially with a single stab wound. Pulling the knife out wipes the blood off. It's Hollywood that leads people to believe there will be blood on a knife after a stabbing.

thanks for the hollywood special fx lesson but....the british man is covered in blood, the thai man is bleeding and that knife looks like it's just come out of the dishwasher? something not quite right is there whistling.gif

• Like 1

Wow.. your "between the lines" reading skills are bar none. You make comments on "your" version of the story which is based on no factual evidence.

let me have a go at "reading between the line"

British male leaves the bars after spending his hard earned money to enrich the lives of Thais. 5 drunk Thais sitting on the sidewalk have run out of booze. they see the happy Brit and ask him for money to buy more booze. The happy brit refuses and carry's on his merry old way. The 5 thai men are upset that this brit has money to drink and they have no more so they all jump up and attack him. During the attack, one of the Thais drops a knife on the ground (we all know how common it is for these thugs to carry knives) and the Brit who is on the ground being beat on has enough sense to grab the knife and use it for self defense. A Thai gets cut. The police arrive and the Brit, who has just been beaten senseless, is in no condition to give a comment on the events. The thais tell police that it was they that were minding their own business trying to earn a living by renting cars off the sidewalk at 4am and this crazy brit kept coming past insulting them. Of course the courteous thai men did nothing but take this abusive action from the Brit. Until finally the Brit returned with a knife and tried to STAB THEM in the HEART so they could not sit idly by anymore and all jumped in to give him a beat down (in self defense of course).

Did I read between the lines correctly?

Without 3rd party witnesses and even better CCTV review we have no idea what happened. The only story that is being related in the papers is that of the one sided Thai version.

Come on guys. How do we know ANY of it is true. All we know for fact is the Brit was beaten by 5 and one Thai sustained injury from a knife. The rest is pure conjecture and speculation.

• Like 1

This story is similar to others where a large majority of Thais inflict serious injury on a lone foreigner.

That is the fact of the matter.

It is alledged that the Brit had a knife. It is not a proven fact.

We can be sure that the Police will do a poor impersionation of investigating the fracas. It is also clear the farang will be held responsible for being beaten by 5 Thai men. Also, the Thais will not be found.

It does underline both the constantly present danger and volotile nature of vengeful, racist an cowardly thais who never decline the opportunity to attack a vulnerable foreigner visitor. A guest in the country, a tourist and someone to be treated as a target for scams, muggings and assault.

It is a disgrace.

It is also the way it is.

At the same time as the Thai authorities are trying to cover up the rape of young woman in Krabbi, we have this serious assault. Cameron meets with the Thai Premier who promises protection of tourists. The timing is perfect and I hope the British press cover both stories on the same page.

I hope the poor victim recovers and returns home never to return to this thrid world hell hole; when it goes wrong it is beyond redemtion.

Wow.. your "between the lines" reading skills are bar none. You make comments on "your" version of the story which is based on no factual evidence.

let me have a go at "reading between the line"

Without 3rd party witnesses and even better CCTV review we have no idea what happened. The only story that is being related in the papers is that of the one sided Thai version.

Come on guys. How do we know ANY of it is true. All we know for fact is the Brit was beaten by 5 and one Thai sustained injury from a knife. The rest is pure conjecture and speculation.

Your reading of what happened shows you have a much bigger imagination than clap2.gif I and I would suggest a bias towards the Thai men.

My thoughts of what maybe happened came from what little information was given in the report by the Thai men. In contrast yours doesn't.

If I also had been able to read a statement from the British man, then I would have been better informed to make my conclusion. This I could not do though because of the action of the press who couldn't wait to get the complete story.

But I do agree it is only speculation and conjecture of what really happened because those that wrote the report and published in the newspaper and those that posted it on this forum are totally irresponsible for not getting both sides of the story then printing the facts.

The later is what concerns me most and that is why I did my post, not the incident itself which is a regular occurence in Thailand.

People the world over would stick up for their friends if some stupid foreigner kept insulting them and then tried to stab them. You'd get 5 against 1 (or more) in UK in a situation like this for sure. Looks like a stupid farang out to cause trouble. Why did he keep walking past? Why did he return with a knife?

• Like 1

Tourist and Local involved in knife brawl

By Staff Reporter

br.jpg

Nice hair...

Looks like she is robbing him here......and the guy behind is just pulling his wallet out of his back pocket...and...and...the policeman is saying hurry up.... hurry up.

Sort of sums up this thread,so much fiction/B/S without the facts......a few should start writing thrillers! biggrin.png

Edited by MrRed
  • Like 1

Well he looks to be in peak 'physical' condition to be able to take on 5 Thai's (or any other nationality for that matter)!!! Pulling a knife on any Thai and chances are 1) they will have some form of Muay Thai experience and 2) they will be able to kick the shit out of the attacker. To have returned to the scene 'multiple times' you can bet this Brit is just a loud mouth thug, and thought he was big enough to handle them. But if he pulled a knife - as already stated, guilty. Lock him up.

Well he looks to be in peak 'physical' condition to be able to take on 5 Thai's (or any other nationality for that matter)!!! Pulling a knife on any Thai and chances are 1) they will have some form of Muay Thai experience and 2) they will be able to kick the shit out of the attacker. To have returned to the scene 'multiple times' you can bet this Brit is just a loud mouth thug, and thought he was big enough to handle them. But if he pulled a knife - as already stated, guilty. Lock him up.

And the most possible chance

3) They will have a truckload of fellow cowards come out of nowhere to help beating you up, even when you're on the ground unconsious already.