Koh Chang Accommodation

andywadsworth

Do not look online go there and drive around the bungalow resorts. In high season it can be a bit hit and miss but it is the best option in my opinion for both price and finding something you like.

Edited by maprao

Last time I stayed on Koh Chang was last Year - around about August - went with a mate. I stayed at Paddy Palm, on the main road - it's fronted by an Irish pub. Great room, new, very clean. Nice staff - Swimming pool, and good breakfast - good bread. Eat 'til you're stuffed - in on the price. Cost, if I remember right was about 450(ish) per night - I remember it was cheaper if we stayed for a week, and they gave the rate without asking for a discount. I would stay there again for sure, and recommend it to anyone.

Last time I stayed on Koh Chang was last Year - around about August - went with a mate. I stayed at Paddy Palm, on the main road - it's fronted by an Irish pub. Great room, new, very clean. Nice staff - Swimming pool, and good breakfast - good bread. Eat 'til you're stuffed - in on the price. Cost, if I remember right was about 450(ish) per night - I remember it was cheaper if we stayed for a week, and they gave the rate without asking for a discount. I would stay there again for sure, and recommend it to anyone.

Paddy`s is 900 baht for their cheap rooms in low season, ie not now.

If you want cheap and are more interested in fishing than the usual touristy stuff take a trip down the east coast. Several cheap places although not particularly glamerous, and several piers you can plot yourself and fishing rod up on. There is also something called Danmai seafood restaurant and fishing park, down the road opposite the police station in Danmai, havent been so not sure what its all about, maybe worth a look.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

If you want cheapo - the Lonely Beach is the place to go, lot's of small huts at The Great Unwashed Prices. Seriously though, there are some decent places to be found in Kai Bae, try Buzza's Bungalows - cheap and in the middle of Kae Bae. In Bai Lan, there is The Happy Turtle, Green Cottages, Bann Sanook and Bai Lan Hut. Bang Bao has Goodview, Alisiya Resort and Elephant Garden. Lonely Beach, I honestly couldn't tell you as there are literally loads of places from 200baht. If you also look at Had Kai Mook - you have Bann Ton Rak and Elephant and Castle. Chai Chet you have VJ and Blue Resort. In Whitesands you'll have Rocksand as an optiion. Paddy's is good, but it's around 1200 this time of year. You could try 15 Palms, which also has accommodation - beach-side and roadside.

Fishing trips are easily organised, and you can get out on boats no problem.

I was going to suggest Seaview Resort, then re-read your post and you said one of your requirements was cheap....tongue.png

Sea View, not exactly expensive either tongue.png

Last time I was there 5800/night for one of corner suites up on the hill....so granted not that expensive, but sure this wasnt what the OP had in mind...biggrin.png

I stayed here about one year ago also and found it to be great value and would recommend it as well. For a standard room now though they are a little of 1000/night