Media Player

Woody1

Tukom has some shops selling media players and will also load up your HD with blue ray movies for 50 baht each

Thanks for the info. Can you please give a little more specific directions? I went there today looking for a media player, and found one shop selling one of those for 3500 Baht. The brand is RCA, the model E20 and it's supposed to play all kinds of media formats, although it only uses external HDDs and USB drives. The shop is called Anthem & Toy Beach Shop on the 2nd floor.

Is there anything cheaper than this that would still play all kinds of media? I'm only here for a month, and the portable media player I ordered on eBay and was planning to bring to Thailand didn't get to me in time for the trip.

I bought a Noontec player from Hardware House 1800 Baht on 3rd floor, seems to play most things.

Thank you for this info, I'm going to check it out today.

Can it be connected to a TV?

Also, can it play media from an external USB HDD?

Edited by Neonic

I bought a Noontec player from Hardware House 1800 Baht on 3rd floor, seems to play most things.

Thank you for this info, I'm going to check it out today.

Can it be connected to a TV?

Also, can it play media from an external USB HDD?

Yes, on both counts. I connect a 1TB USB HDD to the player and connect to TV using an HDMi cable (bought separately) but there are standard video/audio cables in the box.

Yes, on both counts. I connect a 1TB USB HDD to the player and connect to TV using an HDMi cable (bought separately) but there are standard video/audio cables in the box.

Thank you for confirming this! Finally, is there a chance you can tell us the model so that I know what to ask for?

Thank you for confirming this! Finally, is there a chance you can tell us the model so that I know what to ask for?

Looking at the box it is described as "MovieHome A3 II Full HD Media Player". http://en.noontec.co...eHome/A3II.html When I bought mine they also had a slightly more expensive model 2500 Baht which allowed you to connect 2 HDD's a the same time, I think that one was the A6.

Looking at the box it is described as "MovieHome A3 II Full HD Media Player". http://en.noontec.co...eHome/A3II.html When I bought mine they also had a slightly more expensive model 2500 Baht which allowed you to connect 2 HDD's a the same time, I think that one was the A6.

Armed with all the details you graciously provided I went there today and they quoted me 2500 BHT... Did you have to haggle?

Armed with all the details you graciously provided I went there today and they quoted me 2500 BHT... Did you have to haggle?

No haggling but as I said they had at least two different models. The A3 model I purchased has just one USB input for connecting HDD the dearer 2500Baht model had 2 inputs. My one is about the size and shape of an old video cassette, the 2500 model was square. If you were offered the square one then I suspect that they are out of stock of the cheaper model as they were perfectly happy to sell me whichever one I wanted.

No haggling but as I said they had at least two different models. The A3 model I purchased has just one USB input for connecting HDD the dearer 2500Baht model had 2 inputs. My one is about the size and shape of an old video cassette, the 2500 model was square. If you were offered the square one then I suspect that they are out of stock of the cheaper model as they were perfectly happy to sell me whichever one I wanted.

Well, thank you once again, I will go and ask them about the other model tomorrow.

Tesco has the Western Digital media players. Some with hard drive, some without. I've got a few and they are pretty good. Can play pretty much any type of video.

Thanks for all the replies.

Craig, this sounds like what I'm looking for, will take a look in Tesco after work tonight, thanks.

Tesco has the Western Digital media players. Some with hard drive, some without. I've got a few and they are pretty good. Can play pretty much any type of video.

Craig, this sounds like what I'm looking for, will take a look in Tesco after work tonight, thanks.

May I ask where Tesco is?

May I ask where Tesco is?

I think there are a few, but the one I've seen it at is the one on Suk near Thepprasit. Mine doesn't have a HD. I hook one of those portable USB drives into it. 1TB.

Well, thank you once again, I will go and ask them about the other model tomorrow.

I have ordered and bought a Noontec player for 1800. It is working fine so far and plays almost everything.

I have ordered and bought a Noontec player for 1800. It is working fine so far and plays almost everything.

Glad you've finally managed to get one, been excellent for me so far.