Cheap Charlie Farangs!

David006

Since I am on roll here: the wife and I just got back from a week R&R in Phuket ..me drink and swim she drink eat eat, eat ,eat, eat and talk.talk talk talk with visiting friends from Europe...........

So while we are away the MIL taking care of the house..my age..gets bored and cuts rubber..wife says why you do?.. I say "dugh".......get back I say pay 50% so wife gives her 60 % ..no worries..the MIL comes to me when wife busy and tries to thrust 3kbt in my hand.."don't need" I says ..for you I says...........bugger... so explain to tell her via wife don't want....she works hard ........MIL not happy...lol

Guess I lucked out..lovely old lady same age as me LOL....

MIL just phoned yesterday says doc says her cholesterol and blood pressure down,down..ecstatic.....happy happy...............ah !!!! life on the farm...lol

One reason I didn't go to the Isaan farmers' meeting is that I can't really afford to pay my way. (The other is that I have gone off farming in Thailand altogether). I should have liked to turn up with a pickup loaded with booze but this may not have been a wise idea in view of my budget. Rice? Ok, 200 Kg no problem...

• Like 1

The Farming Forum has always been an interesting source of information for me without the usual BS snipping, but it seems that is changing. It has always been a place those with valuable knowledge have been able to advise those willing to listen. As I suggested on another thread, things that happen on a trip away, stay away. If there ever is another meeting you are all welcome as those of us who have attended have been. This cheap charlie will think very hard before he travels 600 kms again.

Edited by IsaanAussie
  • Like 2

Apologies to anyone who thought I was snipping at them ..twas not the intention...more of a tongue in cheek personal experience & point of view prompted by the Isaan farmers meeting post.

There will always be the short arm deep pocket brigade in any situation....I guess that if someone is gracious enough to host these things, bringing sufficient ++ BYO and maybe a bunch of flowers for the lady of the house would just be common courtesy whether or not it was expected. ??

Guess it depends what one is used to though.

For me Isaan is a bridge too far......

I've just said goodbye to friends from the home village. I didn't have to fork out 1 cetang, but boy one of them would have won gold in the Complaining Olympics. (Yes Aussie friends I'm a To and From.) Took them to our favourite eating spot. One of those eat all you want cook yourself at the table. 70 years old and he's never even made a sandwich! 3 days was enough, even though I enjoyed talking in Tyke.

• Like 1