Thai Military Chiefs Oppose Using Security Act: Pitak Siam Rally

webfact

I believe he means the movie as in the Japanese version of Ronin.

252_1250807593.jpg

Ronin Warrior

Quite a resemblance in his real-life wannabe Ronin Warrior, rank and file Red Shirt

red-shirt-violence-thailand.jpg

as for him being ronin, yeah i know you acknowledge the jest in your comment too.

Yes, as said, he's just a wannabe.

He needs an automatic weapon, grenade launcher, and tactical training to join the ranks of the real Ronin Warrior, ver. Thai.

252_1250807593.jpg

Ronin Warrior

Quite a resemblance in his real-life wannabe Ronin Warrior, rank and file Red Shirt

isn't it amazing in all the time that the 2010 protest went on for, there's so little amount of pictures like this (one we've seen 1000 times before), you would think there would be 100's of them considering they were a mob of terrorists invading bangkok....

all those camera's, so little terrorists.

as for him being ronin, yeah i know you acknowledge the jest in your comment too.

Actually that pic is from the 2009 protests when the peacefull redshirts burnt buses and propelled them towards the security forces. They also tried to ignite a petrol tanker in an urban area.

Edited by waza

252_1250807593.jpg

Ronin Warrior

isn't it amazing in all the time that the 2010 protest went on for, there's so little amount of pictures like this (one we've seen 1000 times before), you would think there would be 100's of them considering they were a mob of terrorists invading bangkok....

all those camera's, so little terrorists.

Actually that pic is from the 2009 protests when the peacefull redshirts burnt buses and propelled them towards the security forces. They also tried to ignite a petrol tanker in an urban area.

Be careful what you wish for nurofiend.

No, that picture is from September 2, 2008, when UDD and PAD clashed at Makhawan close to the PAD barricades about a week after the PAD occupied Government House, and the then PPP government and police was unable to retake the occupied Government House. While the violence was undoubtedly initiated by UDD protesters who marched at midnight from Sanam Luang, it has to be pointed out that the PAD shot several UDD protesters, and beat one elderly UDD protester to death - the first recorded death in red/yellow violence.

It also has to be pointed out that this particular image was semi-staged, and taken hours after the clashes have stopped already. This group of UDD protesters walked up with the sword and the slingshots, and posed for the photographers at the scene, who mostly have missed the actual clashes.

• Like 1

Invoking the ISA would allow the government to deploy troops as law enforcers to assist police in dealing with the situation. If the ISA were not invoked, police would have to deal with the protesters on their own.

As far as I know and read there is no indication that the planned protest might turn violent. None of Pitak Siam has mentioned such a possibility. That makes it a bit difficult to understand why there's even this high level, public discussion.

Mind you, my dear friend Robert A. would like to see the army involved. Would be nice, new info to provide the ICC wink.png

Quote :- The national police chief earlier announced he had prepared 50,000 officers to maintain law and order during the demonstration at the Royal Plaza on November 24. Unquote

That'll be a first for Thailand. Much of the crime is perpetrated by BIB itself.

Don't let them have rocket launchers.

Oh the sweet irony of it. Let's enact the much declaimed ISA because of a group that had not yet thrown as much as a punch, let alone rocks, molotov cocktails, bullets or explosive rounds, from the same bunch who brought us 2010.

And the admission, backed by historical precedent, that M-79 grenades may be used against this peaceful meeting by "persons unknown" otherwise known as a "third group". Anybody wish to try for today's Sherlock Holmes Award for working out who that third group may be?

The Army? again.

It was the subject of a film by the same name around the time of the red violence. The poor souls thought the name was cool but obviously had no idea that it was borne from a cartoon.

The movie Ronin was released 1998

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0122690/

It takes a while to reach Udon Thani

252_1250807593.jpg

Ronin Warrior

That genre of film became hugely popular much more recent than De Niro's depiction. Wiki tells us it was originally a TV show with nearly 40 episodes. I'm sure various compilations of multiple episodes would be put onto a single VCD (aka "movie") and sold in Thailand. Even today, that sort of program is very commonplace on the market stalls.

Ronin Warrior characters are identified by their various virtues, such as "Justice" and "Wisdom".

It's easy to see why Sae Daeng might want to latch onto such noble concepts to deceptively portray his group as the same, even though for his Ronin Warriors, it'd be more appropriate to have character names like "Mercenary" and "Assassin".

''it'd be more appropriate to have character names like "Mercenary" and "Assassin"

Or Freedom fighter

er...yeah, ok

i've no idea...

We know......

hohoho. you're in the wrong job.

you have no idea what i was meant to be wishing for either, go on tell me

or, surprise, surprise is it just a cheap shot taken at a person who "we" disaprove of.

i'm tiring of these childish interactions with this forums members.

Edited by nurofiend

er...yeah, ok

i've no idea...

We know......

or, surprise, surprise is it just a cheap shot taken at a person who "we" disaprove of.

Then don't be childish and don't interact with them.

er...yeah, ok

i've no idea...

We know......

Then don't be childish and don't interact with them.

so to chastise someone for being childish and asking them to expand on their silliness makes me childish?

i just meant answering childish pot shots... oh.. whybother.

er...yeah, ok

i've no idea...

We know......

Prove it

• Like 2

Prove it

the proof is in how i react to such posters... and it is mostly reactionary btw.

you just ignore that i'm perfectly absolutely 100% correct that you have no idea what i was meant to be "wishing for", it was just a cheap shot to hi-five your buddies about.

carry on the childishness i say, i just sit back and laugh at it... especially considering the probable average of posters on here!

at least it gives me peace of mind about the very distant future that the child inside never dies.

...and you've just proven my point.

oh, i meant to say "considering the probable average 'age' of posters on here!" in my last post.

i await further off topic lampooning but please do yourselves a favour and be the mature ones.

Edited by nurofiend

So a peaceful protest needs the army now?

Surely the police should be busy protecting the legal rights of citizens to peaceful protest from any "third party" who they already have informations may try to launch M79 attacks.

It wasn't until after the extreme violence of the reds that any army involvement became needed. Indeed the government and reds decried their involvement at all; but now they want to send them in against truly unarmed and peaceful demonstrators.

Once again shows how undemocratic flip flop idiots the square face brown nosers are!

it's good that the army don't want to involve themselves but i hope the reasons why are operational based rather than political... not exactly an unreasonable concern.

Maybe they don't want to find themselves under attack from the 'ronin' once more and held accountable for the ensuing deaths.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

Who was ronin anyway?

The original Japanese historical story of the 47 Ronin has an interesting story line.

In it the Ronin are a group of Samurai who lose their leader who, wait for it, is forced to commit hara-kiri (ritual suicide).

The Ronin too have to commit hara-kiri later on as a result of committing murder.

A nice Ronin badge for the reds flying your way.

Surely the police should be busy protecting the legal rights of citizens to peaceful protest from any "third party" who they already have information may try to launch M79 attacks.

It wasn't until after the extreme violence of the reds that any army involvement became needed. Indeed the government and reds decried their involvement at all; but now they want to send them in against truly unarmed and peaceful demonstrators.

Once again shows how undemocratic flip flop idiots the square face brown nosers are!

One would think that 50,000 cops blink.png (I'm still amazed at that unprecedented, AFAIK, number of police for a single rally) that Chalerm and the National Top Cop are sending in would be sufficient to control just about anything.

How on Earth did the NSC and SBP reach their conclusion that 20 percent of all the cops in the whole country, amassed in one location at one time, is an insufficient force and that the ISA is needed.

Staggering concept.huh.png

aggravated further by who is contemplating this staggering concept. unsure.png

Yingluck was informed that the NSC, the National Intelligence Agency (NIA) and Special Branch Police had conducted intelligence operations and found that the situation would be serious enough to warrant invoking the ISA.

Edited by Buchholz

Surely the police should be busy protecting the legal rights of citizens to peaceful protest from any "third party" who they already have information may try to launch M79 attacks.

One would think that 50,000 cops blink.png (I'm still amazed at that unprecedented, AFAIK, number of police for a single rally) that Chalerm and the National Top Cop are sending in would be sufficient to control just about anything.

How on Earth did the NSC and SBP reach their conclusion that 20 percent of all the cops in the whole country, amassed in one location at one time, is an insufficient force and that the ISA is needed.

Staggering concept.huh.png

aggravated further by who is contemplating this staggering concept. unsure.png

Yingluck was informed that the NSC, the National Intelligence Agency (NIA) and Special Branch Police had conducted intelligence operations and found that the situation would be serious enough to warrant invoking the ISA.

Hmm, yes quite- almost as if they have some darstadly plan in the offing and want to expose the army and or protesters to an unpleasant incident - maybe want 2 of thier favourite targets present for the anticipated M79s!

it's good that the army don't want to involve themselves but i hope the reasons why are operational based rather than political... not exactly an unreasonable concern.

Maybe they don't want to find themselves under attack from the 'ronin' once more and held accountable for the ensuing deaths.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

Who was ronin anyway?

The original Japanese historical story of the 47 Ronin has an interesting story line.

In it the Ronin are a group of Samurai who lose their leader who, wait for it, is forced to commit hara-kiri (ritual suicide).

The Ronin too have to commit hara-kiri later on as a result of committing murder.

Thank you for that insight. I don't really think they chose the name after watching a cartoon or movie.

National Police Chief Police General Adul has said he will be meeting today with the NSC in order to propose the government enact the Internal Security Act (ISA) in order to deal with the Pitak Siam rally.

Meanwhile, yesterday, Red Shirt Leader Sombat led a group of Red Shirts to rally at BTS Skytrain stations at Siam Square and Chatuchak to protest against the Pitak Siam rally.

He also announced the Red Shirts would rally in front of the Thaicom satellite station in Nonthaburi on the same day as the Pitak Siam rally on Saturday in Bangkok.

Edited by Buchholz

Thank you for that insight. I don't really think they chose the name after watching a cartoon or movie.

I'd go for a comic (book). They have them at the democracy schools, I've been told..

National Police Chief Police General Adul has said he will be meeting today with the NSC in order to propose the government enact the Internal Security Act (ISA) in order to deal with the Pitak Siam rally.

Meanwhile, yesterday, Red Shirt Leader Sombat led a group of Red Shirts to rally at BTS Skytrain stations at Siam Square and Chatuchak to protest against the Pitak Siam rally.

He also announced the Red Shirts would rally in front of the Thaicom satellite station in Nonthaburi on the same day as the Pitak Siam rally on Saturday in Bangkok.

From past performance these red rallies should need more serious attention. Didn't they launch grenades at the BTS and kill a few civilians already? Not to mention the numerous other terrorist tactics they have employed across the country.

Didn't they launch grenades at the BTS and kill a few civilians already?

That was at a different BTS Skytrain station from where they protested yesterday.

Edited by Buchholz