The Circus Is In Town

banjo284

I hope more people have attended tonight, and do tomorrow.

We allways tend to gripe on here about the lack of visiting attractions, and here is a great one for the kids, that doesnt seem to have been advertised anywhere, and might sadly lead to less shows coming here if they make a loss.

Iain

Sorry folks, but this is one of the worst circuses I have ever seen. And I have seen near 100 in my life and also worked for one some 20 years. The clowns were terrible and often. As well as the dancing. But they needed that to fill the time as they had few real circus acts.

And I wasn't expecting a sophisticated show so did not judge this one unfairly. Never understood one word in Thai or whatever the awful microphone lady was saying.

I usually abide by the rule, don't say anything if you can't say anything good. I just had to add my two cents. Which is about what the circus is worth. Now I will lay down and hope I have no lasting memories of that fiasco.

Sorry folks, but this is one of the worst circuses I have ever seen. And I have seen near 100 in my life and also worked for one some 20 years. The clowns were terrible and often. As well as the dancing. But they needed that to fill the time as they had few real circus acts.

And I wasn't expecting a sophisticated show so did not judge this one unfairly. Never understood one word in Thai or whatever the awful microphone lady was saying.

I usually abide by the rule, don't say anything if you can't say anything good. I just had to add my two cents. Which is about what the circus is worth. Now I will lay down and hope I have no lasting memories of that fiasco.

I would consider your critique a bit on the biased side since you have seen over 100 shows. It would probably take a dam_n good show to even raise an eyebrow.

• Like 1

I went and my kids loved it.

Unlikely you saw your hundred shows in Chiang Mai.

When asked my kids and wife didnt really even know what a circus is. So I took them and they loved it.

Lets hope we get a hundred better ones in the future.

What a spoiled twit. I went last night. Although not the "greatest show on earth" and most certainly not a top tier circus, it was typical of the smaller traditional travelling circuses and these folks succeeded in entertaining the audience. Yea my daughter, who has danced professionally, had to keep her lips tight together during some of the dance routines, but she enjoyed and appreciated the efforts. I was not expecting a world class circus inside a small one ring tent. But if you can't enjoy a small travelling circus show like this one then you have lost something.

And you neo-sahibs out there, if you have young kids and do not take them then shame on you.

• Like 1

Hey Folks, if you read my statements carefully I stated I was not NOT comparing this circus with bigger more sophisticated shows. That would make no sense at all.

I compared it to other small shows I have seen around the world, including others in Thailand.

And yes, I agree the audience seemed to enjoy it. But then, they had little or nothing to compare it to. I feel they were shortchanged. It is just my opinion. Even some on this posting agree with me in the clown department and dancing girls. Just time wasters and cost the managment nearly nothing.

For those who went and enjoyed, I'm happy for you. Those involved with the show appeared to be Eastern Europeans. As I predicted, nothing to do with BRITISH what-so-ever. May all your days be circus days!

Took kids last night, another fun, perhaps a bit simple but that's ok, night out. All the performers were either English or French and only Thai was a bit in intermission and the thank you at end. Pretty quiet outside to unless one went up to the booth with sound system. Kids first circus and it's great to be able to bring them to something new. Time flew so guess the kid inside me enjoyed too!