Harley Davidson Bangkok Experience.

merijn

I’m looking into buying a new Harley.

I believe that Hayley Davidson Bangkok is the only official importer and place where I can buy a new one. ( with book, tax paper etc)

As I live at Phuket I have to find out how to organize this.

Does anybody have any experience with Harley Davidson Bangkok?

Or are there other ways to buy a Harley with al the correct papers and warranty for somebody living in Phuket?

I’m not really interested in gray import as I would like to do everything official so I don’t get problems later.

Thanks for all the information.

• Like 1

Big bike in Phuket town, as far as I know they are a Harley dealer! Also Teera motorbikes on the bypass road can get you any bike you want!

Stay far away from Teera if you want a bike with a book. Edited by jbrain

I would recommend HD Bangkok, my friend bought a new Fat Bob off them last year and he is very happy with the service provided. The bike is in CM but they regularly travel up here with factory trained technicians to do the warranty work and servicing. As a bonus they have a pretty good sale on presently with discounted 2012 models.

Big bike in Phuket town, as far as I know they are a Harley dealer! Also Teera motorbikes on the bypass road can get you any bike you want!

Stay far away from Teera if you want a bike with a book.

If you want a bike with a book you ask for a bike with a book!! if they can not provide a bike with a book then you walk away!! I have only good things to say about Teera but not for buying a bike, they fitted all my accessories and did a great job!!

Edited by dogpoo

The internet does not have too many good things to say about terra :(...........If you want factory warranty then you are going to but from the HD dealer in bkk. I would of course inquire about routine service as you dont want to void your warranty. I think driving from phuket to bkk for a oil change will get old quickly!

It is perfectly legal to import a new bike and pay the taxes. You might want to check and see if a US spec has a worldwide warranty...

I would recommend HD Bangkok, my friend bought a new Fat Bob off them last year and he is very happy with the service provided. The bike is in CM but they regularly travel up here with factory trained technicians to do the warranty work and servicing. As a bonus they have a pretty good sale on presently with discounted 2012 models.

Hey justcruisin, what does your mate think to the fat bob? And do you have more info on the sale prices of 2012 models? Cheers

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Thaivisa Connect App

Hey justcruisin, what does your mate think to the fat bob? And do you have more info on the sale prices of 2012 models? Cheers

Just go to website for the deals.

Didnt see any special prices on there n it also doesnt give someones personal opinion of a particular bike but thanks for your input

you need to revisit the site as it has promotions. Before i would drop 40 thousand dollars on a bike i damm well make sure its what i want. I probably rent one for a few weeks. If they dont have one in thailand id flyto a place that does.

I really don't understand what the OP is after, if you have the money for a HD, and are willing to buy one (your choice), why the heck would you want to deal with ANYONE other than the registered dealer??? Go to Bangkok, then ride it home... Or ship it home, or get someone else to ride it home...

Don't trust others to get you a new, registered bike when they all want to rip you off...

Teera, other non-licensed dealers might have the best in mind, but only the registered dealer will truly be 100% on what you get...

Not quite as you can buy a HD from Richco in Chiangmai with a full warranty, same deal, and supported by Powerstation

There are a few exceptions, but certainly not safe to say that Power Station will honor warrantee work on bikes bought from somewhere besides them. Richy up in CM gets the majority of his parts from PS so they have a good relationship with each other, for now anyway. If you have bought a late model still under warrantee HD from Panee (Siam Speedway) they will not do any warrantee work what so ever on it.

I really don't understand what the OP is after, if you have the money for a HD, and are willing to buy one (your choice), why the heck would you want to deal with ANYONE other than the registered dealer??? Go to Bangkok, then ride it home... Or ship it home, or get someone else to ride it home...

Don't trust others to get you a new, registered bike when they all want to rip you off...

Teera, other non-licensed dealers might have the best in mind, but only the registered dealer will truly be 100% on what you get...

I know and almost knew for sure that HD BKK is the only official importer and that I will properly end up buying my bike from them.

I only asked for experiences and alternative option in case there are any.

No so difficult or strange in my opinion.

I know and almost knew for sure that HD BKK is the only official importer and that I will properly end up buying my bike from them.

I only asked for experiences and alternative option in case there are any.

No so difficult or strange in my opinion.

It a little strange :). You ask for other ways to import but dont want a grey market bike. Anyway if you go to bkk HD and pay the $$$$$ you will have a nice bike to enjoy!

I bought my Road King from them. It was painless.

I also had them install some aftermarket parts. Hiway pegs, oil cooler, etc. Apparently they just grabbed a kid off the street to do the work. The footpegs were not installed in the same positions on the 2 sides and would have bent or broken something if they had clipped something. The oil filter was so overtightened on the oil cooler adapter it required disassembly and reinstallation.

I can say that they did a couple of recalls at my home up north and the guy (Noi) was a very knowledgeable individual.

I recently brought a 2012 fat bob from PS in bkk and it was no problem , also got a good deal 50 k off the price plus 25 k worth of credit for parts @ their shop and they delivered to phuket in the back of a van with all the paper work .... I would recomend them no problems .... I also live in phuket so if you get your bike PM me and we can meet up for a ride ! .... the traffic is crazy though this time of year so ride safe mate.

I recently brought a 2012 fat bob from PS in bkk and it was no problem , also got a good deal 50 k off the price plus 25 k worth of credit for parts @ their shop and they delivered to phuket in the back of a van with all the paper work .... I would recomend them no problems .... I also live in phuket so if you get your bike PM me and we can meet up for a ride ! .... the traffic is crazy though this time of year so ride safe mate.

Thanks for the info, First i have to convince my wife or just tell her after i bought the bike. wink.png