Pattaya Motorbike Gangs Targeted In Major Police Operation

Rimmer

Pattaya Motorbike Gangs targeted in major Police operation

bikes-1.jpg

PATTAYA:--The Banglamung Police chief has had enough of motorbike gangs and noisy, modified motorbikes in his area of responsibility and conducted an operation on Saturday Night to clear the area of young motorbike gangs, seizing over 100 motorbikes in the process.

The operation was also organized in response to the recent shooting of a 15 year old motorbike gang member who currently remains in a coma.

A press conference was held at Banglamung Police Station early on Sunday Morning, led by Police Colonel Somnook, to announce the results of the operation which saw the arrest of 30 young people aged between 15 and 18 and the seizure of 110 motorbikes, some were illegally modified, some were fitted with noisy exhausts, others showed no license plates or were not accompanied by any log books.

Particular attention was directed towards gated housing estates where gangs are known to meet prior to them travelling around on-mass. Security Guards at villages were told to report such gatherings to Police in the future.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/66219/pattaya-motorbike-gangs-targeted-major-police-operation/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-11-18

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Very well done by the Banglamung police chiefwai2.gif and I like that the police call the parents to the police station and explain why their kids are roaming the streets in the middle of the night and bikes with no book are taken permanentlyclap2.gif .

They should do this every weekend and much of Pattaya petty theft crime will be much lower as the punks will go somewhere else.

• Like 2

Well Done , keep it going.

"If small anti social activities are Policed Large anti social crime will go down."

A Detective Instructor to a Gang Unit in Ohio many years ago.(1993)

That night we confiscated 57 weapons from minors within 4 hours not counting many dozens of other ofences

Nothing has changed and applies everywhere

Agree with Smedly. Noise from unbaffled motorcycles of any cc capacity is unacceptable, especially in the older clan of farang who can afford the HD and superbikes who think they create a hard on amongst listeners. jerk.gif

Why don't move up in the mountains,,with no roads ,this is a city...

• Like 1

These logbooks ?? I wasn't aware of this requirement in TH ... I am from Australia and have had 2 motorcycles in TH and also currently a [Chinese made] Tuk Tuk. I have never been told either by the HONDA &/or TukTuk dealerships and/or my Thai friends about this requirement.

Further information would be appreciated pls ...

Incidentally my bikes and my TukTuk are all registered AND insured unlike many !!!

Agree with Smedly. Noise from unbaffled motorcycles of any cc capacity is unacceptable, especially in the older clan of farang who can afford the HD and superbikes who think they create a hard on amongst listeners. jerk.gif

Why don't move up in the mountains,,with no roads ,this is a city...

Yes, exactly: A city with many people living there and most of them bothered by that noise.

I really don't know why I was expecting to see "Hells Angels" types when I clicked on the link. I should have know it would have been a bunch of 16 year olds on Hello Kitty scooters. Kinda takes the 'badass' factor out of it.

The 'badass' was replaced by 'sadass' on harleys years ago.

I really don't know why I was expecting to see "Hells Angels" types when I clicked on the link. I should have know it would have been a bunch of 16 year olds on Hello Kitty scooters. Kinda takes the 'badass' factor out of it.

• Like 1

I am assuming that by "logbook" they mean "GreenBook". Am I right on this?

Most likely.

Mainly checked to find/detect stolen bikes.

Not sure on the law, but I guess legally a copy along with original tax disc should be sufficient.

Losing the original together with your bike in the case of theft is not a good idea!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

Yeah, I love that Southpark episode. Note--There is a huge difference between regular harley riders who try to look cool (they are Lawyers out for a ride), and criminal motorcycle gangs here in the US like the Vagos, Banditos, etc. I know some of them, and they are some scary dudes. Just sayin'

Edited by KuhnPaen

Good work by the police. Zero tolerance of minor crime like noisy motorbikes always helps to suppress more serious crime like burglary and shootings.

Baby steps, baby steps, give them a chance, they are still learning... biggrin.png

lol mid life crisis machines.. i was watching two old blokes trying to handle weapons like these after never owning one.. it makes me laugh cause i can see you wrapped around a tree from the lack of experience. Yeah im so jealous.. *cough* the pillar that holds up my garage would be worth more then your little toys.

Edited by Sayonarax