Calm, Not Crowded Beaches Of Thailand.

boogiewoogie

Pretty tough to find any island paradise during high season that isn't packed but there are some that are less busy than others. If you want beaches with few, if any people, and no food or hotels then check out Sichon in Nakhon Si Thammarat during the week.

Edited by Nisa

We have just stayed at Siraran Resort in Tubsaka ... very nice bungalows and a really quite beach, no food sellers, no nothing. There were only I think 2-3 other couple staying there at the same time as us. One couple apparently stay there at least once every year ... they like the peace and quite. See my comments on bookingdotcom. All in all a very nice place to stay. Drive about 7kms to the nearest town and you will find more life if you get bored at Siraran.

We have just stayed at Siraran Resort in Tubsaka ... very nice bungalows and a really quite beach, no food sellers, no nothing. There were only I think 2-3 other couple staying there at the same time as us. One couple apparently stay there at least once every year ... they like the peace and quite. See my comments on bookingdotcom. All in all a very nice place to stay. Drive about 7kms to the nearest town and you will find more life if you get bored at Siraran.

Looks like my comments have not been posted there yet. Can't be be more than a few days before they are.

North of Phuket, "Thai Mueang" Beach (Thai spelling will tell you this doesn't mean "Thai city," but rather "Last Mine" - tin mining was what drove the economies in that part of Thailand in a bygone age). Check out http://www.thaimuang.com/phang-nga/beaches/thai-muang-beaches.html. Endlessly long and mostly deserted beach attached to Khao Lam Pi National Park. I've been there, seems like just what you're looking for.

Ao Yai isnt quiet. All sorts of commotion from the backpacker set. The idiots on that beach have been trying for years to attrct biger crowds to its bars. Some years back I even saw a promo flyer for a "full moon party". Of course it was just a sad attempt by a bar to stir up business.

Beach said to have sandflies in some bungalows as well.

There are a number of beaches on Samui, that are pretty quite, or even beaches you can have to your self! Thaling Gnam, Lipa Noi areas on west and south west sides... Ban Tai and parts of Maenam beach west end, have large areas that are pretty darn quiet... too... and no touts to bother you!..... (some times there might be the odd fisherman....)

Koh Phengan has a few quieter beaches too, Mae Haad even in the high season can be pretty peaceful, if you walk down the beach a-ways, but generally quieter type people go there! (no Touts either!!! the resort owners kick them off !!! ) There are other beaches on KP even quieter.... and very nice too!

Avoid Chawang and Lamai on Samui.... !!! But just driving around it's not that hard to find beaches for yourself! and find places to stay that are quiet too... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Koh Lipe is a nice relaxing place... But i haven't been there in 5 years.... BUt if you go to Koh Lak, just north of town and a 10 min bike ride you can find a nice long beach that no one goes to.. You won't see anyone there...

Edited by thewug

Koh Lipe is a nice relaxing place... But i haven't been there in 5 years.... BUt if you go to Koh Lak, just north of town and a 10 min bike ride you can find a nice long beach that no one goes to.. You won't see anyone there...

Its not nice or relaxing. Ao Pattaya is a total scene, there is a massive generator in the middle of the island - in addition to the smoky, smelly genset run up at Mtn Resort. Food is bugely overpriced as is just about everything but water.

Koh Lanta. Hard to get a Thai girl to go to a beach that has no food though.

Well, sounds like a personal problem, perhaps it is hard to get a Thai prosititute to such a place. Normal Thai's flock to the National Parks.

My wife and I routinely camp for weeks at a time, largely cooking by ourselves.

I guess it's the company you keep.

What an utterly rude and stupid comment...

• Like 2

Koh Lanta. Hard to get a Thai girl to go to a beach that has no food though.

Well, sounds like a personal problem, perhaps it is hard to get a Thai prosititute to such a place. Normal Thai's flock to the National Parks.

My wife and I routinely camp for weeks at a time, largely cooking by ourselves.

I guess it's the company you keep.

What an utterly rude and stupid comment...

I presume you are directing this at me despite:

1. The op requested a nice beach - nothing to do with a sexual companion. The man asked for a beach. Then notion that amancannot go anywhere without the availability of "Thai girls" I find utterly repulsive. Im not moralizing, I just think its creepy and potrays a stereotype we allknow too well. Creepy sex tourist. My life is not a mere extendion ofmy penis that my fat ex wife gave back to me after 30yrs. I am not here living out the youth I never had.

2. There are simply loads of Thai "girls" in the National Parks.

3. The post has an ugly generalization that Thai women are this or that but really, the poster simply has no clue. Yup, can't go there...no sex for you! But honestly, not suprised.

4. Looking for a Thai GIRL? Try a high school! Another tipoff to the loser this person is. That is noob sex tourist lingo "Thai girl". In my 20yrs in Asia never have I used this stupid, trite phrase.

So, if you are in fact offended by my post, perhaps that might begin to shed some light. Not withstanding the pics of my wife I posted. The 36yo "Thai girl". Ill send the clue truck 'round for ya's.

Edited by bangkokburning

Koh Maak, about a 30 minute boat ride from Koh Chang. Almost the whole island is basically owned by the same family, and they seem to have made a concerted effort to keep development low key. Nice beaches, good snorkelling, a few bars etc. about but real easy to avoid them if you want. Just a nice chill out place.