Nintendo Wii U Launches In The Us.

Chicog

Nintendo Wii U has finally hit stores on Planet Earth. The Japanese gaming giant launched their sixth home console in North America overnight.

Crowds packed the Nintendo World store in New York for the official launch where Nintendo of America President Reggie Flis-Aime rocked up to greet fans, take names and ready his body in a way that only Reggie can do.

http://aussie-gamer.com/news/nintendo-wii-u-launches-in-north-america-new-details-emerge/#/vanilla/discussion/embed/?vanilla_discussion_id=0

And it's already playing up:

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/wii-u-users-accidentally-access-consoles-debug-mode-6400311

Got my US Wii U from MBK on Friday and been playing it non-stop ever since!

I updated the console without any problems (took about 1hr) and have never had my console hang or crash once and I've done nothing but play Nintendoland and Super Mario Bros U all weekend

My son loves it. Nintendoland (the pack-in game) is a the standout so far. As good a showcase as Wii Sports was

The Zelda co-op game in Nintendoland is simply awesome - I play an archer on the Wii U controller screen and my 9yr old plays a swordsman on the big screen. I fire arrows and cover him whilst he goes and kills the monsters by sword. And that's just one of the 13 great games in Nintendoland

• 2 weeks later...

I paid just over 20k for the 32GB deluxe model

ZombiU is brilliant.. one of the most atmospheric games I have every played. You cannot go in guns blazing in this FPS as the gunshots alert the zombies. It is a thinking person's FPS (Though Far Cry 3 on PC is better)

It's by far my favourite Wii U game (the kids LOVE Nintendoland)

So far I'm very impressed with the Wii U. I like the fact that all the Wii controllers work perfectly and I love that most games can be mirrored to the gamepad. COD:Black Ops 2 multiplayer via the gamepad whilst the kids watch their programmes is great to do.

ZombiU is brilliant.. one of the most atmospheric games I have every played. You cannot go in guns blazing in this FPS as the gunshots alert the zombies. It is a thinking person's FPS (Though Far Cry 3 on PC is better)

So far I'm very impressed with the Wii U. I like the fact that all the Wii controllers work perfectly and I love that most games can be mirrored to the gamepad. COD:Black Ops 2 multiplayer via the gamepad whilst the kids watch their programmes is great to do.

So you paid twice od what its worth? Brilliant!

consoles here are generally more expensive but man . . over 20k. not sure about the full figure he paid, but local online vendors are selling asian deluxe set at 16,500. and i thought that was on a high side

consoles here are generally more expensive but man . . over 20k. not sure about the full figure he paid, but local online vendors are selling asian deluxe set at 16,500. and i thought that was on a high side

I just could not not wait!

I could have waited a week or so for a price drop but I'm too impatient!

Have not touched the 360 or PS3 since getting the WiiU

I'm not going to tell you what I paid for my 60gb Japanese PS3 to get it the day after the Japanese launch day!

Amazon Germany sends consoles worldwide 349 for the deluxe set!

Minus 19 procent eu tax but shipping and thai tax together makes also 17 procent ..

Does the wii u have any country area code, same Nintendo consoles before or is it region free!

How many technology import tax Thailand have on Japanese technic stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by Sandman77

Here is a tip for Wii U owners...

I had a hard time getting ZombieU as all the shops I went to had just sold out!

So I got FOUR $20 Nintendo plus cards Digitally from Playasia. Got my 4 codes within a few hours of ordering and they even called me to confirm my details (which was much appreciated am means I'll be using them again)

Entered all four codes into the eShop (the game was $60 but you have to enter a US Zip code for sales tax - I used my company's head office in Houston) so the final price was $63. Took around 4hrs to download 5.8 GB into my Wii U the but was worth it. Had enough left over to buy "Little Inferno" which a nice little toy/games

Just got the new Sonic Racing game and a Wii U wireless Controller pad (which is almost 90% identical to the 360 wireless pad).

This new Sonic game is better than the last few Mario Kart (and I LOVE Mario Kart). Again the dual screen play makes the Wii U version the best as my son uses the pro controller and I use the gamepad.

The pro controller is charges by USB as I was getting sick of changing the batteries on my Wii remote. It is a great controller but no bluetooth PC drivers are out yet :(

Only bad thing is if you buy a lot of games digitally you have to store and play via a POWERED USB HDD. 3GB of the 32GB WiiU was system dash and each games stores the patches onto the WiiU HDD so after a few more games I'll have to get one.

• 2 weeks later...

The Wii U will be much harder to crack than the Wii.

The disks are customised Single Layer Blu-Ray with very round, smooth edges. Nobody knows if this is part of the protection but I would not be suprised!

I hope it gets cracked but I doubt any of the next gen console (starting with Wii U) will be hacked within a year after lauch

Perhaps the Wii Compatability might get cracked but will have to wait and see for actual Wii U games

Game shop at Central Phuket is selling the Wii U Deluxe Set 32 GB for 20,000 THB, a bit unreasonable. They said it was a Japanese one, but there was no Japanese text anywhere on the box.

Sandman77 is right, amazon Germany will ship the Wii U to Thailand, which surprised me! Previously I could only order books to Thailand but no electronics.

I just tested it and they would ship it! The price right now 306,23 EUR (12,384 THB) including shipping for the same Wii U Deluxe set 32 GB.

20,000 THB would be 494.57 EUR!

• Like 1

Sandman77 is right, amazon Germany will ship the Wii U to Thailand, which surprised me! Previously I could only order books to Thailand but no electronics.

I just tested it and they would ship it! The price right now 306,23 EUR (12,384 THB) including shipping for the same Wii U Deluxe set 32 GB.

20,000 THB would be 494.57 EUR!

Be very careful and give this some more thought.

1. You will be liable for 7% VAT and Import duty of 30% plus clearance fee (1000THB+) on arrival here in Thailand. So although it looks good on paper it's not really a huge saving if anything at all.

2. You will have a european console. Therefore as Wii U is region locked all your games need to be from Europe. The chances of finding european games here in Thailand at places such as MBK are very slim. I would only buy USA or at a push JAP consoles for Thailand....