Best Bank For Morgage

My wife(Thai) and I are starting to visit banks tomorrow to find one to give us a loan for a house.

It might be difficult as she doesn't work.

Can anyone recommend a bank that would give such a loan. We are starting with the bank that my salary goes in - Krung Thai but I have found them very racist before - stupid reasons for not giving credit card etc.

We tried Bangkok Bank a few years ago but the reason for not giving us a loan was that my job only offers yearly contracts.

Any experience or advice appreciated

NN

Siam Commercial (Thai Panich) is where we got our construction loan (50%), no significant issues but took ages and multiple copies of PP, WP etc etc.

Wifey does not work, but we got her brother in on the act with me as guarantor (and payment source).

Siam Commercial (Thai Panich) is where we got our construction loan (50%), no significant issues but took ages and multiple copies of PP, WP etc etc.

Wifey does not work, but we got her brother in on the act with me as guarantor (and payment source).

Did you - or your brother in law - have to take out a Life insurance policy ?

Ours was with Government Housing Bank. Had to get brother-in-law involved also. Took about 3 months. Had to have insurance ploicy on only my wife as she was the holder of the loan. But she didn't work? Makes a lot of (non) sense! That was 14 years ago.

Did you - or your brother in law - have to take out a Life insurance policy ?

Yes, Wifey (but not BiL as I recall) had to take out a single-payment life insurance (added to the finance package). I already have life insurance that will pay off the loan in the event of my demise (but that was never asked for or examined).

Just got a 50% construction loan Siam commercial bank was an easy process . Wife had to take out the insurance as well even though she doesnt work and I will be paying it off . Makes no sense but thats life ...... Wasnt real happy about the interest rate but what can you do !!!!

Just got a 50% construction loan Siam commercial bank was an easy process . Wife had to take out the insurance as well even though she doesnt work and I will be paying it off . Makes no sense but thats life ...... Wasnt real happy about the interest rate but what can you do !!!!

As a matter of interest, what was the interest rate you got that made you so unhappy?

Went to the Bangkok Bank, where I've had an account for over 15 years - they said they never give a house loan to a foreigner if their Thai wife doesn't work.

I assume that it's only this branch that say this as they've had a 'bad experience' with a foreigner.Sounds like a blatant lie to me.

I guess it's entirely up to the branch? Would it be worth contacting another branch?

It has 2 choices for your situation

- UOB bank = You can get up 80% of loan but you must wiat the process from Bangkok - SIngapore and return

- MBK Loan = You can get loan easily although you don't ahve the work permitted in Thailand but it may have more documents.

PM or email me at email removed per forum rules

I will give advise and let you to deal with a financial.

Edited by Crossy
email removed per forum rules

It has 2 choices for your situation

- UOB bank = You can get up 80% of loan but you must wiat the process from Bangkok - SIngapore and return

- MBK Loan = You can get loan easily although you don't ahve the work permitted in Thailand but it may have more documents.

PM or email me at email removed per forum rules

I will give advise and let you to deal with a financial.

What is MBK loan?

I've been offered an 80% loan from Krung Thai and a 90-100 % loan from Thanachart.