Apple Trade In Places?

ianwuk

This is most likely a very long shot but I am trying to sell my Macbook Pro (mid 2010, 13 inch) to get a laptop (Dell) for university work but nobody except scammers seem interested. Are there any 2nd hand kind of shops in Bangkok that do trade ins?

Many thanks.

Why don't you just run Windows on the MBP via an emulator (VMware; Parallels) or directly through Boot Camp? If you can't come to a agreeable price with ShopBoy please PM me with the tech specs and your asking price.

Hello All.

I am currently running Windows 8 through VMWare Fusion 5. I love my Mac but I can get better specs much cheaper.

I am looking for 30,000 Baht.

Specs are in the advert I posted on Thaivisa here:

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/electronics/computers-for-sale/13-inch-mid-2010-mackbook-pro-for-sale-with-applecare-warranty-195552.html

If you want the specs (and they are not shown in the advert) just let me know.

Thanks.

That's why I never recommend people to buy a used computer. For 10k more you can get a 13" MacBook Air that's better in every way. Not to mention brand new.

I think you need to adjust your price down a bit and you'll sell it in no time. A good rule of thumb is, check Craigslist in the USA what people are asking for a similar configuration laptop, then sell it for that price here. You might think Macs are more expensive here - that's a fallacy. They're not, they cost exactly the same new from the shop and used will be the same.

You should also try to get exposure on Thai second hand sites - there's about 100x more users on those than on the farang forums.

FYI just a dose of realism here.

• Like 2

That's why I never recommend people to buy a used computer. For 10k more you can get a 13" MacBook Air that's better in every way. Not to mention brand new.

I think you need to adjust your price down a bit and you'll sell it in no time. A good rule of thumb is, check Craigslist in the USA what people are asking for a similar configuration laptop, then sell it for that price here. You might think Macs are more expensive here - that's a fallacy. They're not, they cost exactly the same new from the shop and used will be the same.

You should also try to get exposure on Thai second hand sites - there's about 100x more users on those than on the farang forums.

I paid 1.1K usd for a brand new mbp year 2010 too that would be about 33,000 baht that time. If someone is looking for a used mac mine is or sale as well for 30,000 baht

condition 9/10

While Thai prices are closer to US prices then they used to be, they are not the same.

13” MacBooks are 7-8% more

iMacs are 6-8% more

iPads are 3-10% more

iPhine 4S is 15% more

That said, you can now buy a new MBP, iPad or iMac cheaper in Thailand then you can in California, because the sales tax in CA is now higher than the price differential!

I think you can sell used 2-3 year old Macs pretty easy here for about half the current new price.

• 2 weeks later...

I sold my last 2 year old, 13" aluminum MB in in great shape, with max ram, a sleeve, iWork and parallels for 16K. I think I could have gotten a little more but I did not want to waste a lot of time on it. I'm not even trying to sell the 13" MBP I replaced it with, but if I were offered 25K I'd jump on it.

I have no idea if 30k is realistic. I just thought that because it has the Applecare warranty still then it means it is worth more than normal as the warranty itself is expensive and also because the specs have been maxed out for hard drive and RAM. I paid 40k for it when I purchased it.

I am looking at upgrading to a 13-inch quad core MBP/laptop.

Thanks for all your advice and replies.

Edited by ianwuk

I am currently looking for a mac but in pattaya not bkk.

But since it would only be used for occasional use in developing iphone apps will be going for a new mac mini for 20k unless I find something second hand and cheaper.

But if you or anyone else would sell a mac less than 20k then please let me know.

I have no idea if 30k is realistic. I just thought that because it has the Applecare warranty still then it means it is worth more than normal as the warranty itself is expensive and also because the specs have been maxed out for hard drive and RAM. I paid 40k for it when I purchased it.

I am looking at upgrading to a 13-inch quad core MBP/laptop.

Thanks for all your advice and replies.

Ian your warranty is nearly finished and your battery is getting there too.

HD and ram can be purchased outside cheaply.

I'd consider a sale to innerspace.

• 5 months later...

Can you list a few thai second hand sites?

I don't mind used....if the price is right and you can verify performance. It's a risk you take, similar to buying a used car or motorbike. I think the best used equipment will have a warranty in place, like my first macbook.