Japanese Tourist Dies Like A Samurai In Surat Thani

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surely we can put an end to the argument about the finer details by checking the Thai media for the their no doubt, highly respectable photos of the aftermath. :rolleyes:

The Med guys must have gone through an entire phone with the photos of this.

Sh*t my PC is really messed up. The first time I saw this thread, I'd thought I'd read it all but I see now it hadn't loaded fully: sorry for the redundancy. (It's fortunate that I didn't embarrass myself even more by trying to show what I studied about such things a very long time ago.)

"Police also found a department store receipt for a T-shirt, a knife and a bottle of milk. The police took all the recovered property to give to the relatives of the deceased."

Wonder what the relatives will do with the milk?

"Before enlightenment chop under milkwood. After enlightenment,

chop under milkwood."

Ooops. Sorry, that's a Chinese proverb. Just a few islands apart, though. giggle.gif

-mel.

I didn't now TV was into "vague posting." What's with the ridiculous lead-in about a man being pick pocketed resulting in suicide. Eh? Can you elaborate? You can't because there simply is no connection. And then later the article states money was found in his wallet. Eh? C'mon. You guys can write better than this, can't you?

By the way: I was pick pocketed in Bangkok on the BTS in 2004. I wanted to commit homicide, not suicide.

Police also found a department store receipt for a T-shirt, a knife and a bottle of milk.

Which dept. store issues a single receipt for all 3 items?

Seriously? rolleyes.gif I can go to Tesco or BigC and get a T-shirt, knife and a bottle of milk and it will be on one receipt.

• Like 2

Police also found a department store receipt for a T-shirt, a knife and a bottle of milk.

Seriously? rolleyes.gif I can go to Tesco or BigC and get a T-shirt, knife and a bottle of milk and it will be on one receipt.

Not to be pedantic, but Tesco & Big C are not dept. stores.

• Like 1

Tesco changed its format in 2010 to a department store format. BigC has the same format. Posted in Bangkok Post 2010.

• Like 1

Tesco changed its format in 2010 to a department store format. BigC has the same format. Posted in Bangkok Post 2010.

If you insist. :rolleyes:

The term in Thai is the same and they do not necessarily differentiate between those kinds of stores and what you would typically call a "department store".

Never, ever, fails:

They find a scene, speculate based on visual clues, and post it for the public to read as if there had been an investigation.

Oh, and of the very few facts they ever include, at least 2 will contradict each other. (pick-pocketed, but had a wallet full of cash)

At least they're consistent.

And then someone posts it on TV and ALL bets are off! No telling where it will go before it dies or is closed!

I thought the correct term was Seppuku, not hari kari - lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seppuku

Correct, it is always written as Seppuku, but the spoken form can be hara-kiri.

No. Hara-kiri is a made up western word, but which nevertheless uses two real japanese words fused together. Japanese generally have not heard the word.

Despite this, the news report is right to use the English word since the report is in English, and the Thai version should also, since the Thai for seppuku is hara-kiri.

They are not alternative versions of the same word. Hara kiri is simply a nonsense English word.

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Thaivisa Connect App

Robinson, instead, is: 3 receipts!

"Mr. Kosai had checked into his room on November 21. Then he came down to ask the staff about the entertainment spots in Surat Thani."

Perhaps it was a personal criticism of the entertainment in Surat Thani.

Or he wasn't sure, that he found it. Instead of blaming the personal, he blamed himself.

Where did they get the idea that he had been pick pocketed? His wallet was in the room, with money in it. And when they say the knife was nearby do we mean across the room nearby or laying right next to or more likely under the hand he used to "slash" himself with. He went to Tesco and bought a t-shirt, a knife and some milk?

Maybe he just wanted to see where the milk went after he drank it. That's just as plausible as him being pick pocketed.

Edited by metisdead
: Bold font removed, again. Please do not post using bold font.

I'm sorry, but who comes up with these "it may have been" speculations? This has to be the most imaginative one yet.

Regardless, sad way to go if true.

Your remark is ridiculous. The report shows just the opposite, i.e. it's not a "may have been" case, but a quite obvious case of hari-kiri. It's only "imaginative" to those who know nothing about hari-kiri.

I'm sorry, but who comes up with these "it may have been" speculations? This has to be the most imaginative one yet.

Regardless, sad way to go if true.

Your remark is ridiculous. The report shows just the opposite, i.e. it's not a "may have been" case, but a quite obvious case of hari-kiri. It's only "imaginative" to those who know nothing about hari-kiri.

Err ....just like it is " a quite obvious case of having been pick-pocketed " ,I suppose then in your book ?

Sorry , but to me it's seems a bizarre report on a bizarre , but sad , incident .

SURAT THANI – November 22, 2012 [PDN]; a report of a foreign tourist killing himself in his hotel room was received by Pol. Lt. Col. Sirichai Suksatt, the detective officer of Muang police station in Surat Thani.

A report of a foreign tourist killing himself? Gotta be kidding. Can't make it look like suicide, right?

Hope he'll rest in peace and the cops will check for fingerprints etc.....wai2.gif

I wonder if it crossed the police mind that the foreigner may have been murdered?

That would require some of that laborious activity called investigating..........and all of that paperwork. Nah easier to knock it over filling out one form, then we can finish for the day, or go and get some OT.

In ritualistic hara-kiri if you do not die or pass out the first stab or cut. You have to stab yourself again.. And again

This 30 year old guy was hardcore!

actually you need another person 'koogi kaishaku-nin' who assist's you in the seppuku ritual to end your suffering

by decapitating your head from the back with his samurai katana, so my guess is that this hara-kiri samurai just

suffered and bleed to death.