Dog Resort Or Hotel?

cneuy3

Hello,

I'm leaving for a trip in a couple weeks with my girlfriend. We have an eight month old Golden Retriever dog named Rigs. Is there any place of comfort where he can stay in Chiang Mai or the surrounding area while we are gone?

He is use to having alot of freedom, etc at home so I'm not sure he would adjust well to being caged up all the time. Somewhere where he can interact with others dogs and roam around in nature would be a fitting place for him. Is there such a place in Chiang Mai?

Dog Resort or Hotel? Five star I hope, room service, cable TV, spa with massage and pedicure preferable.

The Gold Standard is the Happy Gambol out near Mae Rim: http://www.thehappygamboldogs.com

It's essentially a Country Club for dogs. Only possible downside is that after staying there for a few days your dogs might not want to come home with you again.

I too, can give a big thumbs up for Lucky Dogs. We took our elderly Golden Retriever and 2 cats there for a week earlier in the year. When we picked them up they were clean, no fleas, happy, and in great shape. Nienke is a very nice lady and she really knows her stuff! I would not hesitate to leave our animals there again. Highest possible recommendation.

I too, can give a big thumbs up for Lucky Dogs. We took our elderly Golden Retriever and 2 cats there for a week earlier in the year. When we picked them up they were clean, no fleas, happy, and in great shape. Nienke is a very nice lady and she really knows her stuff! I would not hesitate to leave our animals there again. Highest possible recommendation.

But Happy Gambol is plainly in a league above. Lucky Dogs is a sponsor of ThaiVisa, so it's understandable that they are recommended above all others. My advise to anyone who is in the market for a place to board their dog(s) is to drive to both places, look at them, and the make a decision. At the risk of saying something that might go against TV's rules, one thing that I can tell you for sure is that at Happy Gambol you won't see dogs being kept in cages.

Edited by OriginalPoster
  • Like 1

I would recommend Pooch Resort. No cages, dogs free to run around inside or out, can sleep on owner's bed if they feel like it. Just like home. I would be wary of any place that has dog 'runs' (cells) with the promise of daily exercise, which may or may not happen.

A sincere Thank You to Thailand, BB1955 and elektrified for your recommendation and support. I really appreciate it. smile.png

To Original Poster: the Happy Gamble is indeed a great place for dogs as well. The owners are very nice and professional. Two years before they opened their place they came to the kennel to introduce themselves. I thought this was very kind and professional of them. Unfortunately, I have a major problem with remembering names and recognizing faces (no joke). So, I’m still wondering if it was them that I saw at the vet a year or 2 ago. That light-bulb started flickering only after they left. sad.png

A sincere Thank You to Thailand, BB1955 and elektrified for your recommendation and support. I really appreciate it. smile.png

To Original Poster: the Happy Gamble is indeed a great place for dogs as well. The owners are very nice and professional. Two years before they opened their place they came to the kennel to introduce themselves. I thought this was very kind and professional of them. Unfortunately, I have a major problem with remembering names and recognizing faces (no joke). So, I’m still wondering if it was them that I saw at the vet a year or 2 ago. That light-bulb started flickering only after they left. sad.png

Neinke, I don’t mean to disrespect your dog boarding place. We used your place once and the dogs came back in good enough spirits. The main advantage that Happy Gambol has over you is also an inconvenience for some people, namely that they are quite a long way out of town and in a location where it’s not so expensive to buy a big plot of land for dogs to run around on. We are very serious about our dogs though, and if there’s someplace for them an hour away at which they will be pampered, that’s close enough for us.