webfact

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where did you get the information about driving a truck through a police line?

in TV News.

5 police injured, 2 seriously

Is it time to call out the Queens Guards units and have them use live fire to conrol these hooligans? Maybe the APCs should be deployed to mow down the people? How about army snipers?

Don't take Chalerm's ear medication before you post. It warps the mind.

Attempts at irony rarely work on TVF....

RT@Aim_NT: 2pm police have just received order not to allow any more reporter to get into Govt House via Thewakam Bridge #Psiam

RT@Aim_NT: 2pm Government House is sealed. Reporters were formerly allowed to get in via Thewakam Bridge but not any more. #Psiam

At a news conference 15 mins ago an apparently high ranking police officer was saying that many CCTV cameras have been destroyed by protesters.

Weren't most of the cameras supposed to be fake ones anyway?

Don't know. What's your point?

The point is: no big loss.

I just love this...the howls of protest on this board from the yellow shirt trolls...look at the video my friends....you will see the barbed wire barrier is removed by the mob...you then see rockets being fired from the mob into the police ranks...then, and only then, do you see the tear gas come out...

I understand the blind partisanship, but really can't you come up with some comments better than thess?

The "rockets being fired from the mob" come after they have been fired from the police.

Does not matter. You still don't lob tear gas at the cops or don't you get that either. Its called the law and civil obedience, concepts apparently foreign to many in Thailand.

Just like the Australian election, the current government didn't win but we have to accept it as that is the system and democracy. Wait until the next election then you can vote against Yingluk.

this is the point WAIT until the next election and vote her out but that ain't going to happen as I think PT will win again - that's the system and she won end of story. violence, on either side, should be condemned and deplored. how that general is not facing a charge of treason I'll never know

Right, back home in England, the Conservatives are in power ! Not that I love them that much, but I myself, and just everybody else accepts that they're in power. How many votes did they get at the general election ? Certainly less than 50%. They managed to form a government by a coalition with the Liberals.

Do opposition supporters back home organise street demonstrations and protests with the aim of removing the government ? Is there anybody in Britain who thinks a coup to remove David Cameron is a good thing ?? Off-course not !! :)

I like to think it's because Britain is a more mature democracy ! In Thailand, certain groups lose elections, they know they can't get in via a democratic vote and an election. Is this why they have to hope for a coup or some other method which is not democratic ???!!! ;)

And if we believe in democracy for back home, well, why not have democracy here in Thailand ??!! :)

• Like 1

On ASTV was shown a new tear gas attack (at least I understood so), and showing old women and old men suffering badly from the tear gas. Surely not people that would be able to brake the barricades. One unconscious.

If tear gas is justified can be discussed but there is no question the use way too much.

Based on videos showing protectors as aggressors, firing tear gas into the police and the death threat to Yungluck, this should be treated as a national security issue warranting use of force. Bad situation and I think police showed great restraint. Their conduct makes the current government appear as the reasonable ones.

"protectors as aggressors" - the police??

The protesters cut the wire. That was their aggression. Did that require tear gas to be fired by the police? Why do they have batons and shields?

Protesters. Frickin iPhone auto correct.

Seriously, the protesters were going through a barricade and attempting to over take the cop's position. That is an act of aggression and they are lucky only tear gas was lobbed at them. If you cannot see that, you are blinded by your emotion or prejudice.

Anybody who breaks the law should be punished right? So stop whining over 2010.

Democracy is more than just elections - it is acceptance for the principles of equity, participation, transparency and accountability. It is respect for human rights and the rule of law.

Do you know of any 'real' examples? huh.png

.... and here we go.

Yep going to be a long day methinks.

The gov. have set the stage for a show down and a smack down.

Nicely coinciding with the original start of the Censure Debate.

They are determined to make it go bad, in a controlled way

as an excuse to not let a PAD style presence on the ground

become a focus for others to rally to.

No doubt agent provacateurs have been mixed in to do things like;

"removed barbed wire and barriers blocking their way"

Clearly a teargassing offense moving barriers. <Irony.

This has increasingly looked like a government setup of the protestors

to prevent anything bigger, a 'nip it in the bud' appearing strategy,

and to create the 'appearance of Emergency Situation';

to stop protests,

to stop Censure Debate

to lock in greater powers and public control for the Thaksin clan cabinet

Add to this the: Allegations of :

Attempted Thaksin assasignation in Myanmarr

Attempted kidnapping of Yingluck

'Foiled coup attempt last spring...'

( for which not one conspirator has publicly been perp-walked or even mentioned)

All things Thaksin did not successfully do in 2006.

And must do now to meet the control game plan.

This is theater folks where people get hurt to help the narrative move ahead,

just as it happened in 2008, pawns get used to make the liege lords plans advance.

One main reason they are going so far so early is the Pitak Siam leader is an Retired Army General.

That is another reason the ISOC made a Shinawatra Clan police leader as front man.

They are clearly scared to death that the army will back their former general at some point

if push comes to shove and they feel there is public backing, as shown by the public arrival

at the rally site, so they to want to shut it down ASAP.

That old China/English Curse " May you live in interesting times." plays out once again.

Excellent analysis. wai.gif

Thank you.

Almost 5 hours later, I am saddened to see it playing out

as I fore saw likely would this morning, so far.

Edited by animatic

I just love this...the howls of protest on this board from the yellow shirt trolls...look at the video my friends....you will see the barbed wire barrier is removed by the mob...you then see rockets being fired from the mob into the police ranks...then, and only then, do you see the tear gas come out...

I understand the blind partisanship, but really can't you come up with some comments better than thess?

The "rockets being fired from the mob" come after they have been fired from the police.

Does not matter. You still don't lob tear gas at the cops or don't you get that either. Its called the law and civil obedience, concepts apparently foreign to many in Thailand.

There is a big difference between initiating the throwing of tear gas and throwing them back from where they came.

RT@Aim_NT: 2pm police have just received order not to allow any more reporter to get into Govt House via Thewakam Bridge #Psiam

RT@Aim_NT: 2pm Government House is sealed. Reporters were formerly allowed to get in via Thewakam Bridge but not any more. #Psiam

not allowing the reporters is a real bad sign. All the defender of the government. If the government does everything right and has nothing to hide why they don't want media coverage???

Yes, that is strange. So is protesters destroying CCTV cameras when they have 'nothing to hide'.

not allowing the reporters is a real bad sign. All the defender of the government. If the government does everything right and has nothing to hide why they don't want media coverage???

Yes, that is strange. So is protesters destroying CCTV cameras when they have 'nothing to hide'.

Well who says the protester are doing that? The police? So it can be just another lie unless someone confirms it.

Neighbour said on Thai TV they are reporting that snakes have been released into the protesters. Anyone confirm?

Another entirely unsubstantiated rumor is that there are people with bottles of battery acid within the protesters ranks. Not the run of the mill supporters, but those seeking to stir things up.

Wow well that puts things in perspective!

Also looks to me like tear gas was fired from both sides?

Indeed. Protestors cut razor wire and teargas comes o out from both sides.

Amazingly restrained by the coppers. Other parts of the world, it would have been a free hit for the coppers.

I saw teargas being fired by the police and thrown back by the protestors - don't know what video you are watching ?????

Fascism, pure fascism.

When the police disperse protesters it is fascism and when the army disperses the democratically elected government (again) what is that called?

Its called thai politics,

When a fugitive criminal on the run finances protest and political party (vote buying) with the aim to run the country from afar while pillaging the the countrys koffers ...what is that called?

why not prove in a court of law this alleged theft? do you just want a dictatorship?

That would be because the Thai justice system is manipulated by the rich and by the government so I don't think you would have much joy there. It seems pretty obvious though that the nations coffers are being plundered and the plunderers are traitors - see them for what they are - scum

Well who says the protester are doing that? The police? So it can be just another lie unless someone confirms it.

It was an apparently high ranking police officer speaking at a press conference about 30-40 mins ago.

Who would have to confirm it for you to believe it - the leaders of the group accused of doing it?

• Like 1

There is a big difference between initiating the throwing of tear gas and throwing them back from where they came.

Cam someone really be that dense or do you just refuse to accept reality. Cops can use tear gas when a mass of protesters start trying to overtake their position. Protesters can not use tear gas against cops. That's illegal. This should not be a difficult concept.

Neighbour said on Thai TV they are reporting that snakes have been released into the protesters. Anyone confirm?

According to Thai superstition, snakes are a good omen.

I think the government wants the protestors to know that Thaksin is coming back. biggrin.png

Do all those people who told me that the protesters just wanted a peaceful demonstration want to offer an apology?

The protesters, driving a truck into the police, taking down barbwire and throwing tear gas first to instigate the police. This is not a peaceful demonstration. Their leader made it clear: He wants to see dead protesters to justify a military coup and freezing of the democratic process.

• Like 1