Thai Police Fire Tear Gas At Political Protest

webfact

I saw teargas being fired by the police and thrown back by the protestors - don't know what video you are watching ?????

Perhaps you need a new pair of glasses. Perhaps you should see the videos showing the difference in tear gas being used. The video is clear as day that the first gas being launched is by protesters against the government.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cam someone really be that dense or do you just refuse to accept reality. Cops can use tear gas when a mass of protesters start trying to overtake their position. Protesters can not use tear gas against cops. That's illegal. This should not be a difficult concept.

Did I say there was a problem with the police using tear gas? (although I think it was premature).

I said there is a difference between protesters initiating the tear gas throwing compared to throwing it back.

Do all those people who told me that the protesters just wanted a peaceful demonstration want to offer an apology?

The protesters, driving a truck into the police, taking down barbwire and throwing tear gas first to instigate the police. This is not a peaceful demonstration. Their leader made it clear: He wants to see dead protesters to justify a military coup and freezing of the democratic process.

Where did the the protesters "throw tear gas first"? The videos in this thread show that the protesters threw tear gas back when it was thrown at them by the police.

Has there actually been a news report of them driving a truck into police, or are you just believing what Rich Teacher said?

Do all those people who told me that the protesters just wanted a peaceful demonstration want to offer an apology?

The protesters, driving a truck into the police, taking down barbwire and throwing tear gas first to instigate the police. This is not a peaceful demonstration. Their leader made it clear: He wants to see dead protesters to justify a military coup and freezing of the democratic process.

And they are apparently saying Yingluck needs to be killed from a stage. That alone should end their little sworay right there. Imagine if that happened in US. That dude would spend the next 10 years or so in solitary confinement.

• Like 1

It was an apparently high ranking police officer speaking at a press conference about 30-40 mins ago.

Who would have to confirm it for you to believe it - the leaders of the group accused of doing it?

high ranking from Thaksin selected police officer is telling that the demonstrators against Thaksin are doing something.

That has exactly zero value.

If journalist are not allowed and report it than the chance that the mob bought all the journalists is very low.

destroying it seems very unlikely as on similar events they put plastic bags over it, so they can't be charged for destroying state property.

That makes the police guy sound even more like a lier .... or it could be Chalerms 3rd party?

On ASTV was shown a new tear gas attack (at least I understood so), and showing old women and old men suffering badly from the tear gas. Surely not people that would be able to brake the barricades. One unconscious.

If tear gas is justified can be discussed but there is no question the use way too much.

On the news they say five policemen have been injured including two seriously. The police also confiscated knife and bullets (guns ?) from protesters they have arrested. There's no question that the use of teargas was totally justified.

• Like 1

So now the party that was called the "really democratic" party by many (also here in the forum)

fires tear gas against protesters at the slightest sign of uprising (let's not forget about the N*zi-like

Red-Shirt bulldogs ...eeh.. "guards" who threatened to attack protesters during the first months of

the political takeover by Yingluck, including threats against Abhisit.

Anyhow, sad to see that reconciliation is as far away in Thailand as it was from the beginning.

Edited by pepi2005

And they are apparently saying Yingluck needs to be killed from a stage. That alone should end their little sworay right there. Imagine if that happened in US. That dude would spend the next 10 years or so in solitary confinement.

Soirées don't start in the morning

I saw teargas being fired by the police and thrown back by the protestors - don't know what video you are watching ?????

Perhaps you need a new pair of glasses. Perhaps you should see the videos showing the difference in tear gas being used. The video is clear as day that the first gas being launched is by protesters against the government.

the protestors also showed the different tear gas....but I was too late to hear what they told. Very unlikely that the protestors bring tear gas after being searched. If one hot head has a gun in the pocket and shoots would be probable. That the mob leadership brings tear gas to throw at the police, but uses a different brand and so discredit themself is very unlikely.

• Like 1

Where did the the protesters "throw tear gas first"? The videos in this thread show that the protesters threw tear gas back when it was thrown at them by the police.

Has there actually been a news report of them driving a truck into police, or are you just believing what Rich Teacher said?

Truck video was in #120 earlier

http://www.thaivisa....00#entry5873805

It is very obvious from the trajectory of the tear gases being lobbed (first) by the protesters that they were being fired not just thrown. You can see how quickly they move and the flight pattern. That is not someone throwing a can of tear gas back.

This must be tough on the (very quiet) yellow shirt TV posters.

And there is the truck video.

And protest leaders calling for the murder of the democratically elected PM.

Edited by farang000999

it was on The Nation news channel about 30 minutes ago and the truck was shown

riddled with bullet holes sad.png

"protectors as aggressors" - the police??

The protesters cut the wire. That was their aggression. Did that require tear gas to be fired by the police? Why do they have batons and shields?

Protesters. Frickin iPhone auto correct.

Seriously, the protesters were going through a barricade and attempting to over take the cop's position. That is an act of aggression and they are lucky only tear gas was lobbed at them. If you cannot see that, you are blinded by your emotion or prejudice.

Anybody who breaks the law should be punished right? So stop whining over 2010.

Who is whining over 2010? I think 06, 08, 10 and 2012 are all wrong and have done nothing but undermined the entire political process and is leading to further political instability. The cycle needs to be broken now or it is just going to get worse and worse each time until a really bad situation arises.

Until a really bad situation arises...

What do we have today? Over the top corruption and populism, red shirt leaders in the government, selective law enforcement, A DPM and PM who are the biggest liers around, and a government that is basically only interested in whitewashing their own crimes and their friends' crimes. You need more examples of how bad it is in Thailand?

Can it get worse??

Also looks to me like tear gas was fired from both sides?

yes, the protestors used expired tear gas, maybe from army

ummm but this picture shows the tear gas canisters together......................as if thrown AT the protesters.....or just dropped on the ground...or ?????????????

Edited by Scott
  • Like 1

On ASTV was shown a new tear gas attack (at least I understood so), and showing old women and old men suffering badly from the tear gas. Surely not people that would be able to brake the barricades. One unconscious.

If tear gas is justified can be discussed but there is no question the use way too much.

On the news they say five policemen have been injured including two seriously. The police also confiscated knife and bullets (guns ?) from protesters they have arrested. There's no question that the use of teargas was totally justified.

So some had their pocket knife and there were no guns (else they would tell it). That sounds very dramatic to me. Some knifes and maybe bullets without guns.

Hope it wasn't my wife she went there with a box of spoons, forks and knifes in her lunch box.

Pitak Siam leader to decide in three hours whether to continue rally

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Pitak Siam leader Gen Boonlert Kaewprasit said he would wait three more hours before evaluating the situation whether to continue the rally following a scuffle between police and protesters.

He urged more people to join the rally and he would ask the demonstrators in three hours whether the protest should continue.

He claimed that he learned that police would suppress the protesters at noon and he called on troops to come out to protect the demonstrators.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11- 24

Watching Al Jazeera and Wayne said that the stage was calling for a 5 year suspension of democracy and a hand pick government to be installed. This General is another clown from a long line of from of 'paid for clowns' who come out on payment to support the Amart.

Calling on the army to come out and protect the demonstrators is what this i all about. And the paid for trouble have sent their bill to the General not to Yingluck. Sure allow the protest but anybody calling for unrest should get the same treatment Seh Daeng got

• Like 2

Cam someone really be that dense or do you just refuse to accept reality. Cops can use tear gas when a mass of protesters start trying to overtake their position. Protesters can not use tear gas against cops. That's illegal. This should not be a difficult concept.

Did I say there was a problem with the police using tear gas? (although I think it was premature).

I said there is a difference between protesters initiating the tear gas throwing compared to throwing it back.

Nope same thing as far as law is concerned. That is assault on a police officer regardless of sequence or who threw what first. Besides, it is not like these guys were sitting around having a peaceful lunch and cops decided to lob tear gas in their direction just for kicks.

I can see bashing cops if deadly force was used in that situation, but tear gas, pepper spray, concusion grenades, batons or any nonethal force was warranted.

Anybody who breaks the law should be punished right? So stop whining over 2010.

Here, we see water cannons, sound guns and tear gas. These are tools for crowd control.

In 2010, we saw M16s and shotguns.

Problem is that we didn't see tools for crowd control in 2010 because the police was not there when their red buddies terrorized downtown Bangkok.

Yes we saw M16s, RPGs, shotguns etc being used by the reds.

Get your facts right!

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

It is very obvious from the trajectory of the tear gases being lobbed (first) by the protesters that they were being fired not just thrown. You can see how quickly they move and the flight pattern. That is not someone throwing a can of tear gas back.

This must be tough on the (very quiet) yellow shirt TV posters.

And there is the truck video.

And protest leaders calling for the murder of the democratically elected PM.

so you are saying that some of the protesters are running around with grenade launchers... problem is those canisters are thrown not launched.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M203_grenade_launcher

Looks like there are actually more Police than Actual protesters.

Very few grassroot protesters, if any. Of the many government opponents that I talked with, nobody planned to go there either because they don't agree with the extremist agenda of the organizers or they didn't want to be involved in the street fights that are foretold.

Most of the protesters are "professionals" who are there to create trouble in order to justify (they hope, they dream ...) an army intervention. As far as the organizers are concerned, the worst it gets, the most successful the protest will be. No wonder that the average Thais decided to stay away from this meeting.

• Like 1

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Pitak Siam leader Gen Boonlert Kaewprasit said he would wait three more hours before evaluating the situation whether to continue the rally following a scuffle between police and protesters.

He urged more people to join the rally and he would ask the demonstrators in three hours whether the protest should continue.

He claimed that he learned that police would suppress the protesters at noon and he called on troops to come out to protect the demonstrators.

nationlogo.jpg

Watching Al Jazeera and Wayne said that the stage was calling for a 5 year suspension of democracy and a hand pick government to be installed. This General is another clown from a long line of from of 'paid for clowns' who come out on payment to support the Amart.

Calling on the army to come out and protect the demonstrators is what this i all about. And the paid for trouble have sent their bill to the General not to Yingluck. Sure allow the protest but anybody calling for unrest should get the same treatment Seh Daeng got

you are not wrong this leader IS as stupid and comical as all the other rally leaders. both red and yellow.... but wait some of them are now MP's.

The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

Just a pity the other Red leaders and master Red leader Thaksin didn't get that treatment. Right?