Police, Protesters Blame The Other For Violence

Lite Beer

"General Boonlert Kaewprasit, leader of the anti-government rally, vowed to fight to the death to oust the Yingluck government after police fired a second round of tear gas into the crowd of protesters as they converged on the Royal Plaza."

I am an atheist, but....please, God....make it a quick one!

Trying to eliminate intelligent opposition. Why do you want to do that?

Does any one know how far Thaksins payroll goes?

Does any one know how many foreigners have their head in the trough with the Thai politicians and government workers?

Now this us bizarre. Foreigners helping thaksin too make money out of business here.

Which business would that be, telecoms, oil and gas, retail, all dominated by Thai firms

maybe english teaching?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, are you a lawyer now. I am.

If some said that over a loud speaker at a protest to overthrow US president, they would be spending some time in solitary confinement. Not sure how you can rationalize or defend "Yingluck must die" absent serious denial and deep seeded prejudice.

The poor English would not appear to reinforce your professional claims.

There were indeed threats to kill Obama in the months leading up to the election. Whilst i have heard that the threats were being taken seriously and looked into, I haven't heard about people in jail.

Solitary confinement? I find that very hard to believe.

I haven't seen anyone attempt to defend the statement but if the courts were to react to every alleged tweet in the same way as you, they'd never get anything done.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

Really. Stating "Yingluck must die" at an event desinged to overthrow government or spark a coup is a death threat. Clearly inciting someone to do the chore. Substance over form.

As the accompanying Tweet in that link poignantly points out, we all "must die". wink.png

While provocative, it's not the declarative statement necessary to pursue prosecution.

The law looks at things clearly.

If some said that over a loud speaker at a protest to overthrow US president, they would be spending some time in solitary confinement. Not sure how you can rationalize or defend "Yingluck must die" absent serious denial and deep seeded prejudice.

I would no longer take the US as the ideal country representing 'freedom of speech' anymore. For many reasons (not to be debated here). You must also remember a 'tweet' is a snippet of what was said and in context it may carry different weight and meaning. He did not say, we must kill yingluck. What was said could be taken many ways also depending on the context in which it was said.

That is just intellectually dishonest. His statement that "Yingluck must die" in unambiguous and unequivocally conveyed that someone needs to take her out. Given the setting and their agenda, the is scant room for an interpretation to the contrary. Jeez, just admit what it says and you would at least have some credibility. All of this blaming everyone else, playing victim, and refusal to accept any responsibility for anything are character traits that really get under my skin. Haha, I guess that is why I engage in this because I see so much of that even though I could actually give a crap less about the substative issues comprising the contoversy.

There were indeed threats to kill Obama in the months leading up to the election. Whilst i have heard that the threats were being taken seriously and looked into, I haven't heard about people in jail.

I haven't seen anyone attempt to defend the statement but if the courts were to react to every alleged tweet in the same way as you, they'd never get anything done.

Not trying to impress anyone on here and mostly typing on iphone . . .

So the 'I'm a lawyer' statement wasn't an attempt to impress?

• Like 1

"General Boonlert Kaewprasit, leader of the anti-government rally, vowed to fight to the death to oust the Yingluck government after police fired a second round of tear gas into the crowd of protesters as they converged on the Royal Plaza."

Now, now DocN control yourself. The day is young. I think this dude has saved God the trouble so to speak. He now has about as much credibility as Police Captain Slime. eeerrrr I mean Police Captain Charlem. This is a terrible keyboard. Sometimes has a mind of its own.

So...you want me to issue another prayer???

;-)

• Like 1

That is just intellectually dishonest. His statement that "Yingluck must die" in unambiguous and unequivocally conveyed that someone needs to take her out. Given the setting and their agenda, the is scant room for an interpretation to the contrary. Jeez, just admit what it says and you would at least have some credibility. All of this blaming everyone else, playing victim, and refusal to accept any responsibility for anything are character traits that really get under my skin. Haha, I guess that is why I engage in this because I see so much of that even though I could actually give a crap less about the substative issues comprising the contoversy.

What was the context of what was said? Did he say it in English or Thai? Did the person that translated, do it correctly? There is quite a bit of ambiguity there.

Now, now DocN control yourself. The day is young. I think this dude has saved God the trouble so to speak. He now has about as much credibility as Police Captain Slime. eeerrrr I mean Police Captain Charlem. This is a terrible keyboard. Sometimes has a mind of its own.

So...you want me to issue another prayer???

;-)

Well never can have too many my friend. I already sent a couple up this morning. One for you and your non belief, shameful, and one for me requesting a trade in on my old gf of 16 years. Trouble is she heard the request and now I'm in the dog house.
  • Like 1

I took one semester of Tort Law at Murray State University does that count for an impressionsmile.png ?

"General Boonlert Kaewprasit, leader of the anti-government rally, vowed to fight to the death to oust the Yingluck government "

I think he means to say, that he will lead his underlings to their death!

tongue.png

Just like Thaksin in 2010, except that he didn't lead but sent them to their death.

• Like 2

I took one semester of Tort Law at Murray State University does that count for an impressionsmile.png ?

I've been to court a few times. We could start a firm!

I bet you were!

"Waaaah, boo-huuu-huuu Mommee... the big bad Policeman hit meeee... can you send BigDaddyMarines to beat them good??"

so said the little Yellow shirt man to his mommy.

What gives them the right to have the army join their cause? Do they think it's a privilege??

Yep. That was precisely the reason I said that. Haha, read much?

I've been to court a few times. We could start a firm!

I bet you were!

That's illegal on this forum

I have to say that for once the police seem to have done a good job. I think that PT and Thaksin are doing everything they can to divide the country and ruin the economy, but this protest was not the right way to remove them from power.

Done a good job at what. They never have tried to stop any demonstrations before. Just sat around and watched them no barb wire no tear gas just let them do as they wanted.

Now all of a sudden they change the way they handle demonstrations. they come prepared for conflict. Yes they did a good job at what they started out to do instigate conflict.

They fooled a lot of Thai's because of the low education they have received where they were never learned how to think or reason things out.

Well, I for one say, it is about time the the Police or the Army or someone in authority put a stop of these rally's and protests. In all and all the both color coded protests need to stop and lets get on to a forward means of putting the country back together. One has to start somewhere to go forward instead of the 7 or 8 years of bullshit protests and by stating they did it first.That attitude is what my children did when they were 5 or 6 years old.

And if you don't like the Government vote them out next time, and if you can't because of vote buying, (both sides do it), then just live with it because if they (the people) want the 500 baht to sell their souls, then they get what they deserve, And at the day, it's up to them and not us, it's not our country.

Edited by cougar52
  • Like 1

Threatening to kill someone is illegal. Did they arrest that person? If not, is it because they didn't say to kill the PM?

Haven't gotten through all the news, but the only thing I saw posted thus far was a tweet quoting a speaker on stage

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__5873838

, but the quote didn't say to kill the PM.

Really. Stating "Yingluck must die" at an event desinged to overthrow government or spark a coup is a death threat. Clearly inciting someone to do the chore. Substance over form.

As the accompanying Tweet in that link poignantly points out, we all "must die". wink.png

While provocative, it's not the declarative statement necessary to pursue prosecution.

The law looks at things clearly.

Please state a source for your infamous quote, "Yingluck must die".

thai politics drahm drama da.. the world is changing and now the elites in Thailand are being dragged along on the other side of the rope. this tug-of-war is nothing more than, in the words of James Bond, 'a Mexican screw-up' Man wiht the Golden Gun ©1974

Edited by metisdead
: Bold font removed again, please stop posting while using bold font.

Threatening to kill someone is illegal. Did they arrest that person? If not, is it because they didn't say to kill the PM?

Haven't gotten through all the news, but the only thing I saw posted thus far was a tweet quoting a speaker on stage

As the quotes got misidentified in your post, I fixed it by removing all but the source of the Tweet, not mine, quote.

Edited by Buchholz

As the quotes got misidentified in your post, I fixed it by removing all but the source of the Tweet, not mine, quote.

My! How the daengophiles are clutching at straws today.

Morals before icons boys and girls, the mantra for a successful belief

Political tension eases in Thailand after frustrated anti-gov't rally

• The short-lived anti-government rally on Saturday resulted in the injury of 82 people.

• The 137 protesters who were detained for questioning have been released without being charged.

• Yingluck said that the government was ready to lift the ISA once the situation has returned to normal.

BANGKOK -- The short-lived anti-government rally on Saturday resulted in the injury of 82 people, authorities said on Sunday, while the government is assessing whether to lift a special security law which helped curb the rally turnover.

Among those injured in the clashes between Pitak Siam protesters and security officials which involved the use of tear gas and sound trucks, 52 were ordinary people, including 31 men and 21 women, and the rest were police officers and one soldier, the Public Health Ministry announced.

The 137 protesters who were detained for questioning following the clashes have been released without being charged.

Continued:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2012-11/25/c_131997828.htm

Xinhua - 25 minutes ago

Political tension eases in Thailand after frustrated anti-gov't rally

• The short-lived anti-government rally on Saturday resulted in the injury of 82 people.

• The 137 protesters who were detained for questioning have been released without being charged.

• Yingluck said that the government was ready to lift the ISA once the situation has returned to normal.

BANGKOK -- The short-lived anti-government rally on Saturday resulted in the injury of 82 people, authorities said on Sunday, while the government is assessing whether to lift a special security law which helped curb the rally turnover.

Among those injured in the clashes between Pitak Siam protesters and security officials which involved the use of tear gas and sound trucks, 52 were ordinary people, including 31 men and 21 women, and the rest were police officers and one soldier, the Public Health Ministry announced.

The 137 protesters who were detained for questioning following the clashes have been released without being charged.

Continued:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2012-11/25/c_131997828.htm

Xinhua - 25 minutes ago

And on an added note TAT has announced that this minor issue will in no way have a negative effect on tourists numbers to Thailand. As a matter of fact it is seen as a boost to tourism. Edited by Pimay1
  • Like 1

Quoted from:ttellise:

I am sorry, but you did not get your law degree in US. No one in the US would be sent to jail for saying "let's overthrow the President". This is just not factual. Ever hear of "free speech". You wouldn't even get into law school without knowing this.

Edited by stoli

With everybody blaming someone else, suggesting some should have their head examined, be locked up, thugs or worse, etc., etc. it's interesting to find this hidden in Thailand Live Sunday 25th:

"RT@terryfrd: "No winners & losers in yesterday's Pitak S demo," Nattawut says. Praises Seh Ai for being a man of his word & halting rally."