Change Status From A Apartment Building To Condo Building?

Beppe35

A friend live in a 5 stories building with all togheter 12 apartments. He and all the others bought there apartments as a "30 years leashold".

Now the owner of the building and land (a thai LTD company) would like to sell the whole building, and my friends and is neigbour wonder if its possibly that they buy the building and to example convert the document from apartments to condominium status, so they can make 49% free hold? Or if you know a better way for my friends to feel that they are the "owner" of their apartments/ condominiums and dont go to be kicked out after the 30 years lease?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

If you pool together and buy the building and land with a Thai investor under a Thai company then you would control the Thai company. When the thirty years is up then the Thai Ltd Co would just grant another 30 years.

Their are laws on what constitutes a condo and what is a apartment complex. Feel free to make an appointment with Sunbelt Asia to come in and we can look over the documentation and give you all options

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]