Those Who Have The Chiang Mai Jazz Fest 24 November Ticket, Free Entry Tonight ! (Sunday 25 Novembe

ARISTIDE

Due to unforeseen heavy rain and storm last night, bad situation get worse, we tried to continue our music event by moving the stage in-door. Outdoor stage was unusable but all we had were some great audiences and big heart musicians that sticked with us until the end.

With unbelievable audience participation, yet we somehow manage to find a way to comfort us through such unfortunate event , last night we had one of the most “mesmerizing performance” in Chiang Mai.

That’s why we would like to thanks all our audiences last night by grant those who have the Chiang Mai Jazz Fest 24 November ticket, free entry tonight (Sunday 25 November 2012) .

post-131333-0-27703400-1353828739_thumb.

Well i was the "lucky"? one to get tangcorals' free ticket and i went yest....of all days when i want rain it had to be yest...i immediately started to think what was going to happen with the rain out as IMO the ticket price was a bit high but lucky i got a free ticket and split the cost of one ticket with a friend.

100 baht for a singha draft?..same for somtam!..wow..pricy eats/drinks indeed--before i go further this was simply MY EXP there...2 bean bag chairs for the whole crowd..they were the lucky couple indeed! A few other lucky ones got the triangle pilows but i ended up on the curb to be close to stage.....i will also add i have run my own dj co. for over 25 yrs back home....in regards to next.....

listen to "peter" play...who i found i just a local CM guy--seems he couldnt get much help with his mic volume.....sounds guys asleep?.....then came the rain--and boy did it rain!!!!!!....we waited for quite a bit of time/hour?...heard that we could attend again sunday which only seemed fair to us that paid 650 each for a few hrs of music?....and im sure the vendors werent to happy as their sales washed away...anyhoo it seems there was plenty of room for those tonite to spend $$$ on 100 baht somtam

so as i was ready to go home--cold-wet they ushered us into the main hall(inside) to be trapped by nokia girls screaming at us and insisting we play games--"s-mart-phone--who have?!" and then the MC to go on even more-----we didnt pay 650 to hear this and be forced upon by your sponsors!!!

we came for jazz music---the headliner was a cover band!!!! i could hear just as good at riverside or northgate--even better IMO....and of course her mic went out several times too(hello soundguys)

i left after the 2nd act from frustration--screaming kids(family nite?)-and it was poorly run IMO...

all in all an overpriced ticket to a big show for hi-so's paying over 1200 baht for average wine and

showing off--the music seemed like locals and people ive never heard of(again dj for over 25 yrs)

it looked nice on paper but again i spoke to a few people as to if they would come back on sunday and many said --NO---i was one of them----cut the price in half and i would reconsider that fair....

****and one more time before u let the hounds loose--this was simply my experience and yes i had

a free ticket and split cost of another for a friend---it was an okay show--def NOT worth 650--IMO*

Thanks for the inputs! I'm one of the team and I was curious about the price too. I asked around last night as well that the ticket price was seem a bit too high for some artists lineup.

What happening was the ticket price 650 bath was barely cover the cost of operation including some international artists and 5 hours of music. After the storm we have the best jazz performance night with Simone and Neung Jakkawal & Steve Cannon. I wasn’t happy in many ways how the concerts went however we had so little budget and with a team of three people doing the whole thing. We had difficult time getting sponsor due to the major flood last year. Most sponsors except Nokia were not too keen. But as it turned out the place was also packed also last night. I would like to ask you to come back and give us another shot, thanks.