Bira No More?

yankee99

I bloody hope not!

There's an 18 hole golf course 1km away from the course......... Do they intend to turn it into a 19 hole golf course??

Or perhaps they wish to buy the land so those that play golf there can do so in peace and quiet

sold... maybe ??.. but i can't them leveling the place to build a golf course.. there is loads of spare land all around Bira and they are already in the process of building a golf course right behind Bira between the old course and the new one which is a shame as there was some nice off road trails around there sad.png

I'm guessing Honda would do a purpose-built track for any new facility. But maybe theyd use Bira, repaved/modded, if its a scooter or up to 250 4-Stroke bike factory. that tracks so tight, no one would build a factory around its use for larger bikes.

A Sepang-like circuit.... we can only dream. Its huge money to build one, would require government money/graft/connections. Can't see the white mercedes crowd in LoS opening up their wallets. Everyone knows only the great, unwashed masses ride, and obviously because they just cant afford a car!!! Losers...

Hey, did anybody else notice they just added a third 2013 MotoGP event in the US - at the new track East of Austin!

What is happening with the Bira Circuit?

Panic and consternation in the local racing fraternity with the rumor that the Bira Circuit is closing down. Well, it’s not a rumor, it is a fact, but it isn’t going to happen tomorrow, and the future of Thai motor sport is actually very rosy.

Confirmation of the future closure was given in the Bangkok Post, with an item quoting Dr. Prachin Eamlumnow, one of the owners of Bira and boss of Grand Prix International, that negotiations are underway on the sale of the circuit. Note that it is still in the ‘negotiations’ phase, which can go on for years.

Anothai Eamlumnow, Dr. Prachin’s son and promoter of the Pro Series races at Bira confirmed that the circuit is for sale, but nothing is happening in the immediate

future time frame, and the circuit will be available as usual in 2013.

There are rumors of two new circuits to be built, with one to FIA standards for the World Touring Car Series, but no confirmation as yet, and rumors are what fuels motor racing! However, by 2014 expect there will be an alternative circuit to Bira, in addition to the circuit at Kaeng Krachan (near Cha Am), the one at Khorat (the Bonanza circuit) and a temporary track at Muang Tong Thani (used last month for the Honda night races). There is also the round the houses event at Bang Saen, which is being promoted by Sontaya Khunplome, which could become two events a year, instead of the single event.

So it is with almost 100 percent surety that Bira will be used in 2013, but 2014 is not confirmed. There will be more circuits, and motor sport will continue to flourish in Thailand.

What is happening with the Bira Circuit?

Panic and consternation in the local racing fraternity with the rumor that the Bira Circuit is closing down. Well, it’s not a rumor, it is a fact, but it isn’t going to happen tomorrow, and the future of Thai motor sport is actually very rosy.

Confirmation of the future closure was given in the Bangkok Post, with an item quoting Dr. Prachin Eamlumnow, one of the owners of Bira and boss of Grand Prix International, that negotiations are underway on the sale of the circuit. Note that it is still in the ‘negotiations’ phase, which can go on for years.

Anothai Eamlumnow, Dr. Prachin’s son and promoter of the Pro Series races at Bira confirmed that the circuit is for sale, but nothing is happening in the immediate

future time frame, and the circuit will be available as usual in 2013.

There are rumors of two new circuits to be built, with one to FIA standards for the World Touring Car Series, but no confirmation as yet, and rumors are what fuels motor racing! However, by 2014 expect there will be an alternative circuit to Bira, in addition to the circuit at Kaeng Krachan (near Cha Am), the one at Khorat (the Bonanza circuit) and a temporary track at Muang Tong Thani (used last month for the Honda night races). There is also the round the houses event at Bang Saen, which is being promoted by Sontaya Khunplome, which could become two events a year, instead of the single event.

So it is with almost 100 percent surety that Bira will be used in 2013, but 2014 is not confirmed. There will be more circuits, and motor sport will continue to flourish in Thailand.

You sound like you know what your talking about. I think I'll go along with your line of reasoning.

that sux big time.........just when i've gone and bought myself a trackbike. a curse on gay golfers!!!!

that sux big time.........just when i've gone and bought myself a trackbike. a curse on gay golfers!!!!

This will be a golf course for gay people? Kindly elaborate.

No you do not understand! deadman said its a curse on gay golfers. I still dont know why they would be cursed but some things are above me..

This will be a golf course for gay people? Kindly elaborate.

No you do not understand! deadman said its a curse on gay golfers. I still dont know why they would be cursed but some things are above me..

:D