Car Audio Shops

teejay

Does anybody have any recommendations for car stereo shops in bangkok? I'm looking to upgrade the entire stereo system in a Saab 900, so shops with good experience with european cars would be nice... I'm also thinking about adding a subwoofer into a Ford Everest. Thanks in advance.

I used Mirage Audio is Sri-Nakarin, they seem to konw what they're doing. Got a 7" Sony DVD/VCD/MP3/CD system, which was 45,000 Baht, and 15,000 Baht speaker system, and also got them to hook up my I-Pod so I'm pretty well sorted.

VigoExtra12.jpg

They knew what they were doing, but the Chinese owners seem to hate Farang!!!

• 2 years later...

I recently installed a new stereo system and, like you, put myself on a bit of a budget. Therefore, I purchased an iPod-compatible Kenwood head-unit for about B5,000 over the internet (www.crutchfield.com), which saved me about 1/2 of what I'd pay here. I took the HU, 4 Rockford-Fosgate speakers and a Rockford-Fosgate amp I bought elsewhere (again, to stay within budget) to a shop called M evolution, in the auto-shop district near Chulalongkorn University. For installation they charge B500 per point, plus materials. It doesn't matter whether or not you buy your hardware from them. It's on Chula Soi 22, and their number is 086-337-2286. If you don't speak Thai, you'll need to take an interpreter because they don't speak English.

Mirage has another store at Rachadapisek Road, if you come from downtown it's just before the intersection with lardprao on the right. So you can make the Uturn under the flyover and then it is on the left..... Mirage is good, responsible and quality, used them for all my cars. Dunno where the idea comes from that the owner hates farangs...NOT my experience.

Hak

I had a new stereo fitted by a company down on Rama IV, not far from the Klong Toey underground station, on the Tobacco Monopoly side of the road. Can't remember the name unfortunately. They had a very good equipment selection, and installed while I waited.

G

Edited by grtaylor

• 10 months later...

Bought my head unit in Autobacs Narathiwat Road yesterday... can be used with CD/MP3/Ipod and even has a USB slot to play mp3s saved on your USB stick. Sony Brand, 5,300 plus installation 200 baht.

They installed while I waited, around 1 hour. Since I didn't want a "perimeter hole" around the stereo (my old one was the original built-in one by Toyota), I also bought this nice console which not only blocks the hole, but also has a pull-out drink holder, etc. for 590 baht.

Everyone, from the guy in the store to the technician who installed it seemed very well trained in customer relations and was very courteous and pleasant; although they don't speak English.

This is the unit I bought:

http://www.autobacs.co.th/product_detail.p...d&type=desc