'sexual Advice With Your Soup, Sir?'

Boater

• Named Cabbages and Condoms the new eatery has opened in Bicester, Oxfordshire
  • Diners will be given leaflets and encouraged to buy condom-themed merchandise - with proceeds going to charity
  • It even has the slogan 'and remember our food is guaranteed not to cause pregnancy'

After a nice meal out you might get the added bonus of a mint or a chocolate when your bill arrives at the end of the night.

But when it comes to paying at a new restaurant in Oxford you might get a little more than you bargained for.

That's because health conscious eatery Cabbages and Condoms is set to become the first in the UK to issue leaflets on protective sex when your meal ends.

article-2238323-1633A775000005DC-485_634x435.jpg

Bizarre: The unusual idea has been launched in the UK following success in Thailand

article-2238323-1633A7BA000005DC-74_634x420.jpg

Sex advice with that sir? Cabbages & Condoms Thai restaurant in Bicester hands out advice on family planning at the end of the meal

article-2238323-1633A850000005DC-544_634x436.jpg

Cosy atmosphere: The interior of the Cabbages and Condoms restaurant

In a bizarre initiative started in Thailand, the restaurant aims to promote sexual health alongside its food - following success in six restaurants across the south east Asian country.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2DKo5fL9V

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Edited by Boater

It' s still a great restaurant whit quality food, whenever i go to Bangkok i try my best to go there. I never got the condom correletion anyways. Thanks for raising the issue. Food=food Sex=sex. In some mysterious way they made their formula work. So i suppose its a good idea to start a gig in the UK.

Excellent service in the one in Ratchaburi, strange theme but if it gets you to put something on the end of it and stop having all these kids and claiming benefits from the UK then I'm all for it haha.

Interesting to read the readers comments on this, one Brit who lives in Koh Samui reckoned he'd lived in Thailand for years and been everywhere in the country and had never heard of Cabbage and Condoms, he reckoned it was all made up by the newspaper!

I fully respect the work Meechai does. He has had a huge impact on Thailand. His work has probably prevented thousands of children being born and saved thousands more lives through HIV Aids prevention.

Sad to spoil it through THai greed and racism.

Mechai is indeed a very decent man. Mechai acts as like what the majority of people in Thailand should be. Shame it is not so sad.png

I have, unfortunately, never met the man however you can read his biography here http://www.mechaifou.../mechai_bio.asp

Go to Cabbages and Condoms whichever is closet to you. I guarantee good food, a relaxed atmosphere and some education should you wish to partake

Edit: again my lousy spelling

Edited by lujanit

I bet the UK one does not have double pricing like the ones here.

You mean the Thai restaurants have different prices for food for Thais and Farangs?

yes

Well no excuse for that. Maybe some one will read this and tell him that is not the way to make money for his cause. Although it begs the question, who are they going to charge more in England? Scots or Irish?

Edited by chiangmaikelly

I bet the UK one does not have double pricing like the ones here.

You mean the Thai restaurants have different prices for food for Thais and Farangs?

yes

That is not my experience over many years and you'll need to prove your statement with evidence before I will believe you.

Well no excuse for that. Maybe some one will read this and tell him that is not the way to make money for his cause. Although it begs the question, who are they going to charge more in England? Scots or Irish?

How else to raise funds and public awareness? The resto has folks talking now, hasn't it?

In respect to the Scots/Irish comment, I'll take the bait; With the state of the Irish economy and the rapid impoverishment of Ireland, I don't think the Irish have much money to spend on anything, and as for the Scots - please insert one of those stereotyped comments about thriftiness tongue.png Although the Scots I knew were not particularly good with money, but wow, was one a lady's man - and I mean a guy that would keep a condom factory full out to satisfy his wanton lusts- probably one of the best looking guys I have ever known and with an ability to seduce anyone in minutes - so maybe he should just move into the resto laugh.png

I went there a century ago to the one in Bkk and read the literature and the work of the founder. Someone tuned in to something other than gread in Thailand and trying to do his bit for the benefit of others.

Then you read the stuff posted on here and it seems that the so called eudcated farangs know nothing; offers little hope to Thais.

The restaurant in Bicester [ what a hole] deserves to fail. I hope it does. Hard wooden chairs? Can't see it being a success no matter how good the food.