Give Us Answers, Abhisit Tells Yingluck

webfact

The chap in the middle sitting next to the very confident looking PM is thinking, "Oh No, Don't answer love"

30195168-01_big.jpg

I don't think so...Chalerm isn't the reborn Einstein as well and it really doesn't matter how much they discredit themself. They have the majority in parliament and the money to buy the next vote. So really it doesn't matter.

Actually only Abhisit is making an idiot out of himself pretending that this is a working parliament and that it is has any relevance.

Chalerm looks hungover as usual, as well looking unsettled at hearing a good dose of the truth. Guilty as charged.

As for YL, out of her depth, I wonder if she realizes the damage she's doing to Thailand.

The chap in the middle sitting next to the very confident looking PM is thinking, "Oh No, Don't answer love"

30195168-01_big.jpg

I don't think so...Chalerm isn't the reborn Einstein as well and it really doesn't matter how much they discredit themself. They have the majority in parliament and the money to buy the next vote. So really it doesn't matter.

Actually only Abhisit is making an idiot out of himself pretending that this is a working parliament and that it is has any relevance.

Chalerm looks hungover as usual, as well looking unsettled at hearing a good dose of the truth. Guilty as charged.

As for YL, out of her depth, I wonder if she realizes the damage she's doing to Thailand.

i am sure she has little idea of any of it. I doubt even get brother tells get what he's really up to.

Did k. Abhisit find the time to ask PM Yingluck about one of her 'to be implemented in the first year' policies. I mean this one

"1.3 Earnestly prevent and fight against corruption in the public sector by adhering to transparency and good governance which are universally accepted norms to ensure the effective use of resources for national development and true benefits to the nation; amend laws with a view to preventing and fighting against corruption; broaden the enforcement of legislation regarding prohibition of conflicts of interest to include persons who abuse power arising from their important and high positions without exception; rigorously enforce law to deal with corruption by government officers; strengthen morals, ethics and good governance of state personnel;and, foster consciousness and values of society which uphold integrity and justice."

If so, was the answer affirmative and followed by the promise to provide detailed expenditure reports for various large budgets which have been distributed. To be provided real soon now, together with Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm's 'mission accomplished' report on the extermination of the Phuket maffia ?

Did k. Abhisit find the time to ask PM Yingluck about one of her 'to be implemented in the first year' policies. I mean this one

"1.3 Earnestly prevent and fight against corruption in the public sector by adhering to transparency and good governance which are universally accepted norms to ensure the effective use of resources for national development and true benefits to the nation; amend laws with a view to preventing and fighting against corruption; broaden the enforcement of legislation regarding prohibition of conflicts of interest to include persons who abuse power arising from their important and high positions without exception; rigorously enforce law to deal with corruption by government officers; strengthen morals, ethics and good governance of state personnel;and, foster consciousness and values of society which uphold integrity and justice."

If so, was the answer affirmative and followed by the promise to provide detailed expenditure reports for various large budgets which have been distributed. To be provided real soon now, together with Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm's 'mission accomplished' report on the extermination of the Phuket maffia ?

Boo, hiss, ask an easier question would you?

Still waiting for the Thaksin supporters take on this article. I imagine that for them it can't disappear quick enough down the Thai Visa 'charts'. I shall enjoy referring them to this example of YL as she shows her true incompetence.

Thailands choice of PM is at best inappropriate, and after reading this article there's really no argument against that, IMO smile.png

No need. The PM handled the censure debate quite well, contained the political damage and turned it to her advantage demonstrating that the government was in control. The Democrats arguments will soon be forgotten because they haven't stated their case effectively. That doesn't mean their allegations do not have merit. I think some of the concerns raised are serious and must be dealt with. However, the Democrats have a lameduck leader and their efforts are held back because of that.

• Like 2

Yingluck said she had also set up a committee to prevent corruption, and asked the Opposition to share information if it found any irregularities.

well the dems won't be ratting on themselves, will they?

Did you have any friends at school?

GK

If ANY US President would have handled them (an equivalent US inquiry) 'as well' as you think Yingluck did, they would have been run out of the US already and denied permission to ever return again. The mind absolutely boggles. Her performance was completely incompetent. Forget the newspaper reports, did you actually watch it? When Abhisit responded to what she said and asked further questions, she fell in to silence as she looked through all her papers, with pre-prepaired answers on, and when she couldnt find one, she picked one that she thought closest. When Abhisit said, 'the paper is not there, this is simply a question to you, please answer it', she could not. The cameras panned around lots and lots of MP's who were simply sat there shaking their heads and laughing. The whole thing was ludicrous and a display of outright incompetence.

Any US President wasn't in the Thai House. This was a Thai political event with Thai rules and Thai players. It has to be judged within the Thai context. Just a few years ago, there would not have been a censure debate because a military junta was running things. The mere fact that Thailand has progressed to a point where there can be a censure debate against the ruling body is extraordinary.

Perhaps the PM did not answer Abhisit's question to your satisfaction. However, the reality is that most Thais didn't watch the exchanges and of those that did, a large portion either did not care, or were already split along partisan positions. Am I impressed by the PM? Not really, but my opinion doesn't matter. I don't vote here. Could Thailand do better? You bet, but if one looks at what is available in the shark tank, slim pickings is the only candate available and PM Yingluck appears fantastic in comparison.

Abhisit's attacks on the PM for the most part fell flat, not because the issues raised were unimportant, but more because of a mix between not being able to articulate the attacks in a manner most Thais could understand and because a part of the debate took on the trappings of a personal feud. Had the censure debate been conducted by astute people with an understanding of the Thai people and with actual real life experience in making a convincing case, the government would have been shredded.

GK

If ANY US President would have handled them (an equivalent US inquiry) 'as well' as you think Yingluck did, they would have been run out of the US already and denied permission to ever return again. The mind absolutely boggles. Her performance was completely incompetent. Forget the newspaper reports, did you actually watch it? When Abhisit responded to what she said and asked further questions, she fell in to silence as she looked through all her papers, with pre-prepaired answers on, and when she couldnt find one, she picked one that she thought closest. When Abhisit said, 'the paper is not there, this is simply a question to you, please answer it', she could not. The cameras panned around lots and lots of MP's who were simply sat there shaking their heads and laughing. The whole thing was ludicrous and a display of outright incompetence.

Any US President wasn't in the Thai House. This was a Thai political event with Thai rules and Thai players. It has to be judged within the Thai context. Just a few years ago, there would not have been a censure debate because a military junta was running things. The mere fact that Thailand has progressed to a point where there can be a censure debate against the ruling body is extraordinary.

Perhaps the PM did not answer Abhisit's question to your satisfaction. However, the reality is that most Thais didn't watch the exchanges and of those that did, a large portion either did not care, or were already split along partisan positions. Am I impressed by the PM? Not really, but my opinion doesn't matter. I don't vote here. Could Thailand do better? You bet, but if one looks at what is available in the shark tank, slim pickings is the only candate available and PM Yingluck appears fantastic in comparison.

Abhisit's attacks on the PM for the most part fell flat, not because the issues raised were unimportant, but more because of a mix between not being able to articulate the attacks in a manner most Thais could understand and because a part of the debate took on the trappings of a personal feud. Had the censure debate been conducted by astute people with an understanding of the Thai people and with actual real life experience in making a convincing case, the government would have been shredded.

Next time I meet K.Abhisit, I will recommend him to offer you a job in his team, so that your precious skills as astute people with an understanding of the Thai people and with actual real life experience in making a convincing case, will do the job, and this bunch of muppets will be gone!

• Like 1

GK

On the basis of your selection of Prime Minister, I'm sure that if your shopping basket was examined after a tour around Foodland, you'd have selected all the green potatoes, overripe tomatoes, maggotty apples and bendy carrots.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 2

It is obvious that the Yingluck haters found her answers unsatisfying, but what I wonder is what the Yingluck lovers think. Was this performance fantastic? Adequate? An embarassment? Did this change any minds or just harden positions? Inquiring minds want to know.

Judging by their lack of response here I would guess that they are embarrassed.

30195168-01_big.jpg

I would disagree with you on that, He is not pretending that it iis a working parliment. The PT are doing a very good job ob that.

What he is doing is showing the people the truth.

Yingluck said she had also set up a committee to prevent corruption, and asked the Opposition to share information if it found any irregularities.

Pay attention the dems are sharing the information. You seem to be paying as much attention as the PT as to what is being said.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Still waiting for the Thaksin supporters take on this article. I imagine that for them it can't disappear quick enough down the Thai Visa 'charts'. I shall enjoy referring them to this example of YL as she shows her true incompetence.

Thailands choice of PM is at best inappropriate, and after reading this article there's really no argument against that, IMO smile.png

No need. The PM handled the censure debate quite well, contained the political damage and turned it to her advantage demonstrating that the government was in control. The Democrats arguments will soon be forgotten because they haven't stated their case effectively. That doesn't mean their allegations do not have merit. I think some of the concerns raised are serious and must be dealt with. However, the Democrats have a lameduck leader and their efforts are held back because of that.

Still trying to defend the PT by attacking Abhist.

I bet if you slip and fall in your own home you will blame Abhist for it.

The PT took a beating in what they knew was a matter of no consequence. There electorate will not understand it and soon forget it and they have no intention of educating them any farther than they are now. The only education they have offered was done through the armed arm of the party the red shirts who set up schools to teach the poor uneducated people what democracy was while they fought an armed battle in the streets against a legally elected government that killed over 90 people and wound up not changing the election system one iota but got some of there leaders political plums.

GK

Nope, sorry. She is the Prime Minister and travels the world to global political and diplomatic events, and you need to raise your game plan in terms of your expectations regarding her professional performance levels.

It is a little bold of you to say most Thais did not watch the censure debate. Where I live they were all watching it! Have you checked out the Thai social networks and Thai forums on face book? The woman is an absolute laughing stock, and there are many many people , Thai people who are relentlessly ripping the pi** out of her. Go check it, or get a Thai to help you check it. If you think we are cutting on this forum about the PM, you have seen nothing until you check out the Thai forums and social networks. It is brutal.

Yinglucks answers were nothing to do with not satisfying me, I am a mere observer with no mouth. The person they failed to satisfy was the leader of the opposition. She was unable to answer ANY question that had not been pre-briefed to her and an answer pre-written for her. It wasn't that her answers did not satisfy Abhisit, the fact was she could not or would not answer. If there was a single honest PTP MP in the house, then watching her they may well have been whipped in to supporting her in terms of the no confidence vote, but they must have been left thinking of the untenable situation she is putting PTP in. She is incompetent and that is one of the things that the censure debate was fundamentally concerning.

To suggest that as Thai Prime Minister it is ok for her to display a level of competence or professionalism lower than one would expect from any other leader in the global eye, is really stretching it a bit.

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

Did you have any friends at school?

having been made more aware of the rules around here, I think your post is called "baiting".

If I told you what I thought of you, I'd get banned.

Have a good day.

the Democrats have a lameduck leader and their efforts are held back because of that.

well, now that is a big part of the problem.

Thai politics seems to be pretty "wild west" and down right ugly at times, but this guy is not going to get the dems anywhere.

GK

You didn't watch it, right?