1P Minute Uk To Thailand Calls, Anyone Use Them?

GarryUK

I've been looking at the services offering 1p a minute calls to Thailand fixed lines and mobiles and wondered if anyone uses these services and what they think. Should I be looking at these or is there a better way to talk to my GF every day without it costing the earth?

Vectone Mobile advertise on these forums, and a Google search reveals many other services from other providers, but are they any good? Is it just 1p a minute or are there other charges like line rental as well. Are the calls as good as "normal" services from the main networks? And do any of them offer itemised billing? Would be really useful when applying for a visa if I can show I call her every day and how long we spend talking as that'll go a long way towards proving the relationship is genuine.

Whenever I was in the UK I was using these numbers and had very very few problems. The reception was usually clear.

The hidden cost is in what your telephone company charges to connect to these lines. Some charge a 10p connection fee from a land line others charge less, some others charge more. Check with your phone company.

Edited by pattayadingo

The connection charge is a pain although the calls do show on bills in time, date, length of call. Easy for proof of contact.

1p call rates fine we use all the time, clear. Also vectone is good to use as a sim in your mobile if unlocked not sure what call records are available

Gary go into any asian newsagent, they have many different cards check posters for cost of calls . When i lived in uk i went to asian shop in bolton . I used connect cards 1200 minutes to thailand for£5 brilliant ,i called my gf everyday 1 card lasted for 3 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Gary most asian newsagents have cards, when i was in uk i used connect cards 1200 minutes to thailand for £5 brilliant , if you use pay as u go mbile no connection charge , 1 card lasted me for more than 3 months

On your advice I bought a WorldSIM which costs me 6p per minute to mobile or landline. There's a slight delay the same as we experience when we video over the Internet so we have to wait a second after we've said our bit, but just talked for an hour without any major problems.

Anyone use any other SIM that's cheaper mobile to mobile? I was originally going to go with Vectone which cost the same 6p, but I was able to buy the WorldSIM locally so didn't have to wait for it to arrive.

hi garyuk its me again as i live in los.i can recommend your gf.gets an international calling card,[cat phonenet] cost to phone the uk.1bht per min.

Hi

I live in Thailand and sometimes call the UK, using my AIS number and prefixing 005 but I pay 7 baht a minute I think.

Any more info on this calling card as 1 baht a minute would be much better.

Where can I buy it( Family Marts/7/11s ? ) and how does it work pls?

Thanks.smile.png

hi garyuk its me again as i live in los.i can recommend your gf.gets an international calling card,[cat phonenet] cost to phone the uk.1bht per min.

Hi

I live in Thailand and sometimes call the UK, using my AIS number and prefixing 005 but I pay 7 baht a minute I think.

Any more info on this calling card as 1 baht a minute would be much better.

Where can I buy it( Family Marts/7/11s ? ) and how does it work pls?

Thanks.smile.png

Buy at any CAT telecom shop. Dial 1544, press option 2 (English), insert the card number followed by hash key. They tell you how much Baht is left on the card. Dial 00944 xxxxxxxx followed by hash key to connect to the UK. miss the initial 0 off any area code. When you have dialled the number you are told how much call time is remaining.

Cheaper to phone a landline number than a mobile.

Remember that with CAT telecom cards if you buy the 100 Baht card the calls are more expensive. That may seem an oddity but it is what I was told at the CAT telecom shop. So I buy the 200 Baht cards smile.png

edit missed a hash :P

Edited by pattayadingo
  • Like 1

Garry. Check out 02 International SIM you will need to top up once a month

My wife uses it UK mobile to Thai Mobile 2p per min No other hiden charges or access numbers. Works well

I found using access numbers that the call would terminate and that ment redialing, A pain and more cost

Not sure if you can get a call statement. You could ask

Hi

My wife uses a service like to call her mum from UK.

Cheap and no complaints from me.

If you want to know more I can ask my wife for the number, you input a phone number and when prompted input the recipients phone number. No cards to buy its just a number.