Wait 6 Months For A Honda City!

dksharron

Be sure to post an update on the day it's ready for collection smile.png

I highly doubt that's going to happen. This isn't my thread. I don't need to report back anything. I was sharing my experience. That's all. If you have doubts or reservations about what I said regarding my vehicle purchase or the delivery date, please feel free to go speak with Aom at Honda - Rama IV. She can sell you a car, and you can find out for yourself. coffee1.gif

?

I highly doubt that's going to happen. This isn't my thread. I don't need to report back anything. I was sharing my experience. That's all. If you have doubts or reservations about what I said regarding my vehicle purchase or the delivery date, please feel free to go speak with Aom at Honda - Rama IV. She can sell you a car, and you can find out for yourself. coffee1.gif

?

Second that.
  • Like 1

What's to second? His post came across as sarcastic. I responded to it as such. My apologies if it was not sarcastic.

His/her post came across to me as expressing scepticism with Honda's promised delivery time - if so, it would be a scepticism i would share having had personal experience of being lied to about this.... not sure why you would take that as some sort of an insult to you.

• Like 1

The reason there are waiting lists are simple: exports get priority. If they didn't the orders would simply go to other production centers, and without exports Thailand wouldn't have a motor industry.

So domestic orders always get the lowest priority, and due to capacity restraints, each individual dealership is provided stock on a quota basis.

Sometimes you'll find that while one dealer has sold out the next 6 months of their quota, but the next dealer has availability next month.

You can also sometimes find success by specifying a different color or different model grade (i.e. choose something that's not a popular export combination).

• 1 month later...

I ordered a Honda City S AT two weeks ago. Delivery is in January. Many Bangkok dealers have been busy with the car show, but the car will be delivered next month. You need to go to the big guys. I ordered mine from Honda on Rama IV in Klong Toei.

Since you asked, the car is ready for collection as of today. It was delivered to the dealership today. It is, as promised, in January. I got a lot of free accessories that made me happy, rear spoiler, rear sensors, etc.

I ordered a Honda City S AT two weeks ago. Delivery is in January. Many Bangkok dealers have been busy with the car show, but the car will be delivered next month. You need to go to the big guys. I ordered mine from Honda on Rama IV in Klong Toei.

Since you asked, the car is ready for collection as of today. It was delivered to the dealership today. It is, as promised, in January. I got a lot of free accessories that made me happy, rear spoiler, rear sensors, etc.

You are very lucky I have been waiting 5 months for my black 250c petrol amg Mercedes. I orded it in early Sept. Since it was orded it has had a face lift added to the model= add the AMG kit and a drop of 100,000 bhat to 3 million I still await delivery. I bought it from a Phattaya Merc dealership. THEY HOLD MY 100,000 deposit I told the sales man I except 2000 bhat of gas vouchers for the interest lost over 5 months

• 4 weeks later...