Looking For Parts................

thequietman

hi guys,

sorry if this has been covered.

looking for parts to spruce up my bike. now I know this bike has been refered to as a "turd" and you can't polish a turd but I would still like to make it look a little better.

I have seen plastic alluminium looking covers that can go over the forks at the front of the bike. looks like metal and beefs the bike up a little.

also the light on my bike is like a candle at night and I have seen a large front lite with 2 little lights attached as one unit. once again alliminium looking. nice foot rests for me and passenger also. maybe a crash bar but with somewhere to rest my feet on it on long journeys. also a nice passenger back rest.

I have been told I will find all this and more in Chiangmai. Its about 3 hours from me. is there any where I can order stuff online in thailand.

any other suggestions on how to make the bike look better ( apart from burning it ) is appreciated.

Its a Honda Phantom. (I know, I know, but I like it and its been good to me.) I am near Phrae.

thanks in advance. :)

The light is easy get a Xenon bulb. Available at most motorbike accessory shops. If yours is 35/35 get the same if it is 55/55 get the same. Then you won't overlaod the old wiring/switches etc. but you will still get twice as much light for the 3hr ride home.

I've been doing the same - looking for bits.

But - oddly enough - came across this only yesterday.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/terrymotorcyclespareparts

Ignore the costs of posting, he has a shop in BKK and everything i sent at local EMS rates.

h ttp://terrymotorcycle-spareparts.tarad.com

I don't know if he's any good at getting used bits . . . I sent him an email but he hasn't rushed to reply, tho he would only have got it this morning (Saturday).

Cheers

Rob

I also ride the "Turd", given me almost 6 years sterling service from new. I fitted a different seat, and saddlebags, a couple of small spotlights on the front and crashbars. All available locally here in Phitsanulok. Chiang Rai saddlebags have a range of different products if you google it they deal by EMS. Good luck and ignore the knockers lol.