Visa Mistake!

I have a double entry tourist visa for Thailand at the moment. I used my first entry right after it was made in mid September. I went to the poipet border crossing on November 12th to start me 2nd entry.

I was just looking through my passport this morning, and I realize a mistake was made, and for some reason when I re-entered the country on the 12th I was only given the 14 day 'enter by land' extension, and not the 2nd entry of my double entry visa.

I am now technically 4 days over stay.

Is there a way to rectify this mistake at this point in time, some way I can make the case that I had a double entry visa that still had one entry left, but instead was only given the 14 day stamp, so they can mark off the 2nd entry and I don't have to pay overstay, and am good through the 60 day period?

Or is that just complete, and total wishful thinking, and it's there mistake but my problem, and I have no choice but to pay the overstay on the stamp?

FWIW im 90% sure I wrote in the number of my visa (not only passport number) on the arrival/departure card, I really do think the guy at the border made the mistake. I do have a thick passport with a ton of pages and a ton of stamps and visas form many different countries, maybe he just got bored and didn't feel like finding the visa.

You need make a trip to immigration and get error corrected. It happens all the time and why we often remind people to check their stamps before leaving the immigration on entry.

Go to the Immigration Bureau on Sathon Road?

Since the stamp technically expired 4 days ago, even if they fix the mistake and check off my 2nd entry on my visa, will I still have to pay the 4 days overstay on the stamp?

You need to go to Chaengwattana to have it done. Their is even a special desk for stamp errors there.

Map and info:http://bangkok.immig.../location1.html

Since it is their mistake you will not be charged for the overstay.

'Since it's their mistake'?

Besides rule 1 (Thai (official) 's aren't doing mistakes):

How can you be sure, he did mention his tourist visa in the arrival card?

And anyway, he made clearly a mistake, not to check the stamp.

So you should minimum point him into the right direction : Never say, 'But it's your immigration officers fault' ot 'but you have to change it'!

My explanation, for not charging him, is more likely the case, that they can change his visa from 2 weeks to 60 days.

What means he isn't overstaying, technically, at all!

I assume, the entry will count from the day, he came back and got the 2 week stamp, right?

Edited by noob7

You need to go to Chaengwattana to have it done. Their is even a special desk for stamp errors there.

Map and info:http://bangkok.immig.../location1.html

Since it is their mistake you will not be charged for the overstay.

'Since it's their mistake'?

Besides rule 1 (Thai (official) 's aren't doing mistakes):

How can you be sure, he did mention his tourist visa in the arrival card?

And anyway, he made clearly a mistake, not to check the stamp.

So you should minimum point him into the right direction : Never say, 'But it's your immigration officers fault' ot 'but you have to change it'!

My explanation, for not charging him, is more likely the case, that they can change his visa from 2 weeks to 60 days.

What means he isn't overstaying, technically, at all!

I assume, the entry will count from the day, he came back and got the 2 week stamp, right?

It is clearly a mistake made by an immigration officer. Which happens a lot. He might of just picked up the wrong stamp.

He will get 60 days from the date he entered the country.