American Podiatrist Killed By Motorcycle Hit-And-Run In Bangkok

webfact

My understanding is that it is legal for somebody on a motorbike to use the pavement if the roads are busy. TIT.

Motorbike taxi guy once told me it's a 400THB fine. It's against the law but like most traffic laws here just hot enforced.

There is no rule of law in this country , so being legal means absolutely nothing .

Has nobody considered that an American tourist may have stepped off the footpath looking in the wrong direction, a common cause of accidents when travelling in countries with traffic flow in the opposite direction?

Not apologising for the rider fleeing the scene, but he may not have been at fault in the collision.

Come on mick, don't piss on the thai haters parade when it's only just got 2 page status!

But you do make a good point; most 'murcans do look the wrong way when crossing the street here and other countries that drive on the left.

And in case you think i am bashing 'murcans, most brits look the wrong way when crossing the street in the US.

i would think that most farangs who have been in Thailand for more than a few weeks

will look both ways whether on a one way street,pavement,path,road just to give themselves

a fair chance of avoiding the lunatic drivers that abound in this pleasant land.

its a shame this poor chap's life has ended,and he is just another rta statistic.

condolences to the family.rip.

Has nobody considered that an American tourist may have stepped off the footpath looking in the wrong direction, a common cause of accidents when travelling in countries with traffic flow in the opposite direction?

Not apologising for the rider fleeing the scene, but he may not have been at fault in the collision.

It's all Napoleon's fault then. Bloody French...