Second Suspect Arrested In Danish Abduction, Robbery: Phuket

webfact

Second suspect arrested in Danish abduction, robbery

Phuket Gazette

d1.jpeg

Diana Muller alleged that the two men had abducted her and then robbed her at knife point. Photo: Patong Police

d2.jpeg

Mr Tak is taken away by police after his arrest in Phuket Town. Photo: Patong Police

PHUKET: -- Phuket Police arrested on Wednesday a second suspect associated with the abduction and robbery of a Danish woman in the designated Patong Safety Zone on November 26.

Diana Muller, 37, reported that on November 26 at about 9:30pm she had been abducted, threatened at knife point and robbed by two men, Patong police said.

She told police that the pair had convinced her to get onto the motorbike by offering her a lift. However, once she was on the bike the men took her to the secluded, nearby Phra Baramee Soi 7 where they threatened her with a knife before taking her purse.

Immediately after interviewing Ms Muller, police went straight to a house on Phra Baramee Soi 9, and arrested Thanuthong ‘Lek’ Thawiathoop.

During police questioning Mr Thanuthong confessed to the crime and named his accomplice as Tak Panmuang.

Mr Thanuthong told police that they had picked up Ms Muller near a public restroom along the Patong Beach road.

Mr Tak drove the motorbike while Thanuthong sat at the rear with Ms Muller sandwiched in the middle, he told police.

After driving away from the robbery scene, the pair decided to separate as the motorbike had developed a flat tyre, he added.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...bery-19611.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-12-01

The whole things sounds utterly ridiculous.

Why did she get on the bike?

After interviewing her "police went straight to a house on Phra Baramee Soi 9". She knew their address?

He confesses on the spot and names his accomplice?

???

Safe zone has cameras all over and could easily have spotted their bikes number...

Well some people trust other people, especially if the smile a lot, like most Thai's does...Maybe her 1st time to the land of smiles.... blink.png

The whole things sounds utterly ridiculous.

Why did she get on the bike?

After interviewing her "police went straight to a house on Phra Baramee Soi 9". She knew their address?

He confesses on the spot and names his accomplice?

???

Safe zone has cameras all over and could easily have spotted their bikes number...

Well some people trust other people, especially if the smile a lot, like most Thai's does...Maybe her 1st time to the land of smiles.... blink.png

Being a Dane myself, I can say that when I first came out to Asia, I too was utterly naive and trusting - I'm obviously not anymore . . .

• Like 1

Before the “don’t blame the victim” brigade gets here, I’m not blaming her. I would like to know, why anyone with an once of brains would get on a motorbike with two strangers….Or, am I missing something here?

yes EXTREMELY stupid behaviour ,,,,sometimes people r just too adventurous

All danes, especially women, are taught as kids never to go with strangers. The fact that the stranger in this case is a man, and that she is in a foreign country makes her actions even more naive. (Not that I am justifying the actions of the scum that attacked her)

Having said that, the Phuket authorities are partly to blame for this and many other cases. If taxis had been available at affordable rates, the danish woman would most likely have taken a taxi instead. Instead the Phuet authroities allow the taxis, not only to have monopoly, but also to charge more for a short trip than many hotels charge for rooms. Furthermore, this practise attracts opportunist taxi drivers whose lack of morals allows them to cheat, and occasionally rape/beat their victims. Normal rates would attract more normal drivers who just want to make a living and support their families.

The same goes for drunk drivers. In Bangkok or Pattaya where one can easily and affordably get a taxi or baht bus, there is no reason to drive your own car/bike, but in Phuket and Samui getting a taxi is so complicated and expensive that most people choose to drive drunk instead.

Edited by monkeycountry
  • Like 2

All danes, especially women, are taught as kids never to go with strangers. The fact that the stranger in this case is a man, and that she is in a foreign country makes her actions even more naive. (Not that I am justifying the actions of the scum that attacked her)

Actually ... there were two men.

Before the “don’t blame the victim” brigade gets here, I’m not blaming her. I would like to know, why anyone with an once of brains would get on a motorbike with two strangers….Or, am I missing something here?

The part about her being 'sandwiched in the middle', possibly?

Edited by MaxYakov

I want to live in a naive world where we still can trust the strangers who we meet.

When we trust in moderate way to the people we meet, we live way more fulfilling life than the people who do not trust anybody.

If we are afraid everything and everybody, them we effectively become little dogs who bark what ever moves without separation if it's an snake or butterfly.

In a healthy society these scums would be punished in the way that it will give an indication for next wannabe's that this behavior is not allowed.

It's that "Thai smile". Who could possibly believe these nice smiling young men weren't being helpful?

He's even smiling while being arrested.

They can't stop.

He looks so concerned!