Westerner Murdered On Phuket In Execution Style

webfact

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it very strange that people subscribed to this site use the death of someone - regardless of the circumstances - as a means to cast a negative pall over the whole region to which over three million people a year visit.

Oh, just par for the course here. Always was, always will be. You ARE a newbie!

do not asume that anyone is a "newbie" with respect to Thailand (or anywhere else for that matter) simply because they do not have multiple posts on TV. Read and respect their opinion....you may just learn something.

• Like 1

Why this burning desire amongst some posters to know exactly what was the cause of death of the poor bloke?

Could it be that they see a reflection of themselves and their own lives when reading these reports - losing hair, gaining weight, nobody to report them missing, uncertain age ?

Or could it be that man is just simply inherently inquisitive? Without this characteristic we would still be living in caves.

The same could be said for dissatisfaction with the status quo. Those who complain provide the motor for change. Those who complain about whingers should bear this in their smug content minds. There is always a better way. The secret is to find it.

Bound in plastic, slashed, beated, gagged and stabbed is Thai style execution, especially the bound in plastic part.

Gun shot to back of the head is New York style.

"who had been either dumped or drowned in a Pond."

Well, which one is it? Most people who have stab wounds and are found in a bag don't typically die from 'drowning'. Jeeze.

Execution style would suggest bound and gagged on knee's with a bullet to the the back of the head.

Not seeing the connection to "execution style" in this instance but hey lets not let reality get in the way of an attention grabbing headline.

"who had been either dumped or drowned in a Pond."

Well, which one is it? Most people who have stab wounds and are found in a bag don't typically die from 'drowning'. Jeeze.

He could have been stabbed, dumped in the pond and then drowned. They will need a post mortem to find the cause of death. This has happened in other cases around the world. It is obviously still too early to know the exact cause of death. So perhaps you should keep quiet instead of making nonsense comments.

The post mortem will show what the local tourism officials want it to show.

Glad I visited Phuket a few years ago now.

Happy living in Bangkok with no ambition whatsoever to return.

I am sure it will have no effect on tourism though.

Just that there is much nicer and safer places in Thailand to holiday.

Silly, off-topic post.

No one cares where you're too scared to travel to, Noddy.

Of course someone cares. Especially if he borrows Big Ears car !

Glad I visited Phuket a few years ago now.

Happy living in Bangkok with no ambition whatsoever to return.

I am sure it will have no effect on tourism though.

Just that there is much nicer and safer places in Thailand to holiday.

Silly, off-topic post.

No one cares where you're too scared to travel to, Noddy.

What's "off-topic" here? The crime happened on Phuket - and he mentioned Phuket in his post.

Phuket is really not a good and safe place to stay (regarding so many bad news about that island within the last years) - and he said that are there are safer places in Thailand. What's "off-topic"?

It's off topic because it's a gross generalisation of the place. For millions Phuket is perfectly safe and for an unfortunate few it isn't. Same goes for virtually every place in the world. Far more murders in Bangkok and as a proportion of the foreign population, I'd say less foreigners meet their end in Phuket than the rest of Thailand...

It's got more to do with what you get up to as an individual. If you run up large gambling debts, enjoy the company of hookers and have a mouth the size of a sink hole, your likelihood of getting into trouble will follow you wherever you go... if on the other hand you enjoy quiet nights in, meditation and reading, chances are you'll be quite safe no matter where you travel... thumbsup.gif

How terrible to end your life stuck inside of a Thai raincoat.

It certainly is. Last week in Philippines in the rural town where I was staying they found a chopped up body in a sack which had been thrown into a sugar cane field. Unfortunately after about 2 weeks of decay they were unable to identify the corpse and buried it. I feel sorry for the people who have to handle these corpses. I could smell where they found the body every time I rode past the field.

If I read the majority of the comments on this(or many other)topics I am still astonished that the western world is still alive without the wisdom of the long time "expats/experts" who has left farang land with the generous intention to educate third world Thailand how to do things right...oh my Buddha !! In regards to the OP:no action without reaction,mess around with the wrong people- and you are <deleted>... In many cases properly <deleted>... Not just in LOS.

Yep, it's a dog eat dog world, so those thinking of running with the pack had better have big teeth. As with any country I've been to I've always found it best to keep to one's own trusted circle.

• 2 weeks later...

After all the ridiculous speculation about Thai people, and the trash talk about Phuket, it was indeed another Hungarian who has confessed to the murder. I'm also a bit surprised that wedfact didn't update this thread with the follow up stories about this murder.