Hotel comments

Rinrada

For a possible new thread similar to Airlines has anyone got anything Good.Bad or Downright UGLy etc.to say about the Hotels,Service Appartments,Guest Houses,Tourist Rip Offs,Flop Houses  in LOS.-Laos-Cambodia-V.N.

What-Where are the Best/the Pigs/the cleanest/great service/ most enjoyable/GOOD Prices and even the "Rooms from hel_l.....

I always try and read the guest comments on posted hotels info.pages and find so many are "YUCH"

Also not talking about your run of the mill Uncle Pats and Aunty Nois in K.S.Rd at 10Bt,a night including full Cambodian rice bowl breakfast with en suite bucket facilities and view of the Buffalo hut.

Last year my wife and female friend stayed in the Asia Hotel (special deal with BA) and left after 1 night.

They complained the room was dirty and smelly,Beds not made,TV -No work.No Fridge (all Thais fill the fridge)and the bedroom door did not lock properly.. amongst other things.I have since heard other very negative opinions from others and have put it on my personal lists of Hotels To AVOID.

So what do we have as said GOOD,BAD and not Nice.

Personal opinions are the best...

:ghostface:

These are a couple of posted comments re:some local reasonabley priced Hotels I have picked at random.

I will try to be positive since they are not forum members but food for thought....March 2003.

(3 Locations)

US$ 15 - 100 China Town Hotel    

526 Yaowaraj Road Bangkok, Thailand  

Hotel Comments Too cold in the breakfast room.

Cheap and basic.

If you are looking for a "pure" Bangkok it a good place to stay.    

Though old, the place is well-maintained.  

==============================================

US$ 19 - 23 Rex Hotel   Budget Price  

762/1 Sukhumvit Road Bangkok, Thailand  

The price of 800 is not expensive. The room was big, however it had a terrible smell of smoking allthough I could not find the source it smelled terrible. For one night one can survive. There is a good connection with the airport bus A3 for 100 baht single trip

Hotel is a good choice for one night stop in Bangkok with reasonable price.

Hotel Rex was decent enough for what we intended: a safe, no-frills hotel that offered a low price for breakfast and a seven hour sleep before moving on to our next destination.

The breakfast was limited and not particularly appetising, but no complaints considering the price.

The hotel taxi driver cheated us out of some of our money by quoting 100 baht to the bus station. But we didn't want to argue the point and begin our day on a bad note, so didn't bother with a confrontation and went on our way when let off.

I would recommend this hotel to travelers who are looking for a budget hotel and who have no expectations for above average attention, cleanliness, or service. It provides an acceptable service for those who only require basic accommodations and service.

============================================== US$ 23 - 37 Majestic Suites    Budget  

110-110/1 Sukhumvit Road between (Soi 4-6) Bangkok,

The majestic Suites is a fine example of how some good things do come in small packages, and how cheap doesn’t mean a dead end. However what the hotel lacks in terms of space it makes up for in many ways with excellent room amenities, stylish contemporary bathrooms and the 100% cotton bed sheets are just some of the luxuries. Although it faces a busy major road rooms are well protected from the noise with double windows plus a sliding panel instead of curtains to further muffle the noise. The hotel may be small in some features but they are certainly big on service and guests are not just another room number. It is centrally located and easy to get around anywhere. Overall if size is not an issue it delivers more than you bargain for.

I have recommended the hotel to friends who have stayed here and say that they would return.

The window coverings could be a little better for sleeping in during the day but it's not bad. The rooms are small but clean and comfortable. The staff is quiet courteous.

Superior Deluxe is the best bet. Room #8 has a huge bath-tub,which is big plus. Full service breakfast is even better (we hate buffet morning). Very convenient location .This is my third visit to BKK.

The best value hotel in town so far.

Excellent value for money! Good location, amazing staff attitude, very clean.

==============================================

::o:

• 3 weeks later...
Majestic Suits, Sukhumvit Road. I can fully endorse the comments listed. Very clean, well equipped rooms, they have your previous visits on computer so welcome you like an old friend and is central for Sky Train,shopping, access to airport and night life.