Road Tax For Car Question

scotsman

Can anyone tell me if your car is going to be off the road for a very longtime or may never go back on the road scrap do you have to pay road tax? is there a form to fill in to say that your car is scrap or will not be on the road.

regards

Scotsman

Just keep the car off the road and don't pay the tax or insurance, if it goes back on the road prepare to pay back tax for however long it has been off the road

Not entirely true!

Don't pay tax for 3 years and your registration gets cancelled.

When you show up at the registration department, they wil stamp your book cancelled and take your registration plates.

You then have to re-register, and currently you'll be waiting several months for new plates.

You do however get a new registration book on the spot...

Friend of mine had to do exactly that past week...

Anything less the 3 years, then do as poolhustler says, but keep a close eye on the 3 year cut of period...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

Thank you for your replys but there must be some kind of Form to fill in to say that your car is no longer on the road why would you have to pay road tax if its not on the road? So after 3 years they take away your registration and you have to apply again if you want to put it back on the road but will they charge you for the 3 years back road tax plus penaltys? What if the car never goes back on the road and is scrap what then?

Regards

Scotsman

Thank you for your replys but there must be some kind of Form to fill in to say that your car is no longer on the road why would you have to pay road tax if its not on the road? So after 3 years they take away your registration and you have to apply again if you want to put it back on the road but will they charge you for the 3 years back road tax plus penaltys? What if the car never goes back on the road and is scrap what then?

Regards

Scotsman

This is Thailand.... not the UK. No must be here.... but then the tax per year is relatively low . From about 1000baht a year depending on vehicle.

sent from my Q6