Snake! Sorely Tempted To Whack It...

What to do? It comes and goes around the garden, in the car port, in the drain outside in the street.

I don't want to be having to look where I step - any more than I do already - especially when it is dark.

The landlord says: "We let the small ones go, but maybe kill the big ones."

So, I was thinking, why not stop the little ones becoming big ones and chop the little buggers up when they're small?

Someone or something has already chopped about 6" off its tail, so I think he's older than his length suggests.

For nature lovers: I haven't killed him. He's still out there. Somewhere. ph34r.png

you are mental one of them can kill you ,picture below taken this afternoon ,sorry to say had to kill it after picture taken its in our resort where customers have children any other snake but these we catch and release

post-105817-0-82956000-1354382843_thumb.

Edited by taninthai

I've caught and released cobras where I live using a homemade "snake snare". A long bamboo pole with a loop of cord on the end where you fit it over its head and tighten. If you live in a populated area, especially where there are children, it's best to do the dastardly deed and whack it!

Please; for your own sake: NEVER EVER kill a snake !

First of all; it was US who invaded THEIR territory - so YOU owe the snake, whatever kind it is.

Just catch the snake (either purchase a 'grip-stick' or manufacture something (fun little project).

Make sure you have a plastic (preferably black) bin with a lid - catch the little innocent bugger and release him well away from your home.

We do this at least half a dozen times a year (we live on the outskirts of Pattaya, in Jomtien).

I can not begin to explain to you, the feeling of "good" you will surely experience, after you've done one of these easy little exercises !

It also may help you karma, my friend !

The snake has done nothing wrong; why kill it ? ?

• Like 2

Please; for your own sake: NEVER EVER kill a snake !

First of all; it was US who invaded THEIR territory - so YOU owe the snake, whatever kind it is.

Just catch the snake (either purchase a 'grip-stick' or manufacture something (fun little project).

Make sure you have a plastic (preferably black) bin with a lid - catch the little innocent bugger and release him well away from your home.

We do this at least half a dozen times a year (we live on the outskirts of Pattaya, in Jomtien).

I can not begin to explain to you, the feeling of "good" you will surely experience, after you've done one of these easy little exercises !

It also may help you karma, my friend !

The snake has done nothing wrong; why kill it ? ?

Believe me I love animals as much as the next man ,actually prefer them to children,it doesn't make me feel good to kill it ,yes today the snake has done nothing wrong but tommorow we could have a dead child on our hands you just can't take the risk ,the one in the picture had been around for about a week they won't leave the area once they know there is food around,yes we use the plastic pole to catch rat snakes and release them back further in the jungle the golden tree snakes and big water monitors we leave to roam around freely but to any one who suggests to try and catch a monoculed cobra I say play with fire and you will get burned.

At the end of the day rather have a dead snake than a dead child on my hands.

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for your input! smile.png A complete spectrum of responses!

A Thai friend said that the Or Bor Tor has people who will come and take it away. So tomorrow I will get the number to call and deal with it that way, the next time I see it. ph34r.png

I rather take my chanses with the karma!!!

All the venomous ones I shoot and trapped ones I drown.

I digged deep hole where I throw em and couple of showels of dirt on top!(isn't that deep nowadays)

Also scorpions,spiders...etc get the same treatment!

Why take any un-necessary risks??They can kill you!!

Never heard any complains from my family/neighbors,they use similar methods!

Allow common sense to prevail here.

Do NOT try and kill the snake. I have known several people try to so so (especially with a F*cking broom) only to put themselves in further danger.

Step 1) Call the Police.

Step 2) they will send round the local snake man.

No nee to kill anything. No need even to get out of bed!

Sit there. call, smile as the peasants do their job,

Step 4) bung them a 1000 and the return to the "pleasures of the wife" (as long as she hasn't got up to dubbin one's bat - it happens!)

I would not put up with a cobra staying close by the house. You might want to tell the landlord baby cobras are more dangerous than adults. Adults can give a dry bite. Hatchlings come fully loaded, and can not control the bite.

I have talked to some of the guys from Bangkok's Fire and Rescue. They will come to your house and cart the snake away alive. They told me if it isn't a poisonous snake they will relocate it away from populated areas, but if it is poisonous, such as a cobra, they will kill it.

I would not put up with a cobra staying close by the house. You might want to tell the landlord baby cobras are more dangerous than adults. Adults can give a dry bite. Hatchlings come fully loaded, and can not control the bite.

Very true. Its a cobra. Its in your house. Whack it.

Very true. Its a cobra. Its in your house. Whack it.

but who's house are you in ?

In my garden I just try and scare them off, in the house and non harmful relocate.

However a cobra krait or similar you have to have moved away for good.Had a very large banded Krait in the bathroom once. Wife was doing her business when she looked up and glanced in the mirror, it was hanging down the wall behind her.

Cats are pretty good with snakes, they will often just chase them away just be careful if the catch them and bring to you.

In my garden I just try and scare them off, in the house and non harmful relocate.

However a cobra krait or similar you have to have moved away for good.Had a very large banded Krait in the bathroom once. Wife was doing her business when she looked up and glanced in the mirror, it was hanging down the wall behind her.

Cats are pretty good with snakes, they will often just chase them away just be careful if the catch them and bring to you.

I've heard of dogs being blinded by cobras that spit venom at them. I presume cats would suffer the same fate too. In the last few seconds of the video - where the cobra was in the storm drain - the local soi cats were peering at it from the edge of the drain, so I was worried it would spit at them.