International School Prices?

chris1dna

Another option is Varee Chiang Mai School, Mahidol Road.

http://www.varee.ac.th/en/index.php

They run a:

- Thai stream (all lessons taught in Thai language)

- EP (English Program) stream (all lessons taught by western teachers except: Thai language, taught by Thai, Chinese taught by Thai national)

- International School wing, which is currently in progressive development.

My Thai granddaughter has been in the EP stream (Primary level) for two years and our family is delighted with her progress on every front.

EP program fees are currently 90,000Baht per year which cover pretty much everything, including lunch. Extra costs (e.g. shoes, etc) will take the yearly bill up to around 100,000Baht.

For further information call 053 140 232-3-4 and ask to speak to Ajahn (teacher) Dani. Ajahn Dani speaks close to native speaker English, she's a very pleasant & professional lady, good listener, and she has advanced knowledge about education (worked in schools in UK for many years).

From Ajahn Dani you will get detailed focused answers to all your detailed questions about education. Even better make an appointment to meet her at the school (she also teaches so you may need to wait a couple of days to get a visting time which is convenient all round).

Definitely worth a couple of hours of your time.

Good luck.

Edited by scorecard

Another option is Varee Chiang Mai School, Mahidol Road.

Definitely worth a couple of hours of your time.

Good luck.

Definitely on the list. Thanks you guys. Keep em comin. What a wealth of info here.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

ok well send them to sacred heart school they have a very good program

if your child is interested in dressing like a German storm trooper and goose stepping around on sports day

the teachers had no idea they were goin to do this of course 200 children made the banners the uniforms in secret with no help at all lol

so no if thats the level of education children are given in Thailand im glad i had the snip 10 years ago

but as i said dont concern your self with minor details your child will get 80 percent on any exam just buy writing there name in the correct place

on the exam paper god i hope i never get sick here and need an op the thought of being treated by a high so thai that daddy paid the school

and collage a little extra to pass his finals scares the shit out of me

I recently had an eye operation in Chiang Mai. The surgeon, a Thai, has two degrees, one a masters, from John Hopkins in the US - one of the world's leading medical universities. I suppose you'd think that she paid them 'a little extra' to graduate.

P.S. You shouldn't fly Thai as the pilot undoubtedly bribed someone to get his licence.

ok well send them to sacred heart school they have a very good program

if your child is interested in dressing like a German storm trooper and goose stepping around on sports day

the teachers had no idea they were goin to do this of course 200 children made the banners the uniforms in secret with no help at all lol

so no if thats the level of education children are given in Thailand im glad i had the snip 10 years ago

but as i said dont concern your self with minor details your child will get 80 percent on any exam just buy writing there name in the correct place

on the exam paper god i hope i never get sick here and need an op the thought of being treated by a high so thai that daddy paid the school

and collage a little extra to pass his finals scares the shit out of me

I recently had an eye operation in Chiang Mai. The surgeon, a Thai, has two degrees, one a masters, from John Hopkins in the US - one of the world's leading medical universities. I suppose you'd think that she paid them 'a little extra' to graduate.

P.S. You shouldn't fly Thai as the pilot undoubtedly bribed someone to get his licence.

Perhaps not, but that doesn't reflect much on Thai schools, does it? Admittedly bitewhentested does not give the impression of being a desirable posterboy for whatever mudhut-school he might (or might not) have graduated from, but it is does appear that there are not too many who have a good impression of Thai schools. As might be expected from that, Thailand also does seem to appear in the bottom quarter in various school rankings (e.g., the PISA 2009 ranking), which is probably not an indication that all is well.

If only Finland wasn't so dam_n cold ... :-/