Who Owns House

Unless you have made specific arrangements otherwise and separated the house ownership from the land ownership (whose name is on the building permit?) the whole caboodle is owned by the daughter.

Do you have any form of lease, usufruct or other mechanism in place to, at least partially, protect your investment?

When will people finally learn...

I knew what I was doing that is why I made lady transfer the land and house to her daughter's and the rest of the land to my son

The house was not important to what I wanted to achieve

Now she cannot borrow any more money on the land and the children can benefit from my money not her, which is all I wanted to achieve

Why do people presume things without asking first?

Edited by offset

I knew what I was doing that is why I made lady transfer the land and house to her daughter's and the rest of the land to my son

Now she cannot borrow any more money on the land and the children can benefit from my money not her, which is all I wanted to achieve?

Maybe because you asked a half arsed question. With out giving ALL the facts. How you wrote the initial post it seemed that the Gf had transferred the land etc without your permission.

sent from my Q6

• Like 2

Now she cannot borrow any more money on the land and the children can benefit from my money not her, which is all I wanted to achieve?

Maybe because you asked a half arsed question. With out giving ALL the facts. How you wrote the initial post it seemed that the Gf had transferred the land etc without your permission.

sent from my Q6

I gave all the info that was needed for the answer that I required and enough info for two people gave me the answer that I wanted which ! thank them

I built and payed for a new house on my ladies land now she has transfered the land into her 16 year old daughter's name now i am wondering who legally owns the house

Buddy, sorry to sound harsh but are you for real?

you went through this trouble of build a whole house in a foreign country, put up all the dough AND THEN you ask the questions?

Doesnt matter who own the land really is all the same,daughter or mother, the point is still same, you CANT .

Best thing you could have done was to set up the usufruct agreement and give you have the right too occupy,at least then have a little control, but if you are asking this question here it seems you didnt do this?

Seem really like your question should be who has gaurdianship right of the place until your daughter is of age. Knowing modus operandi of typical thai thought but not knowing your wife personally ill leave that up to you.i would think you already know

what did the other guy say?..when will they learn?

good lord unsure.png

Now she cannot borrow any more money on the land and the children can benefit from my money not her, which is all I wanted to achieve

Now she cannot borrow any more money on the land

At least 2 posters have alluded to it already, however whats legal or illegal and what actually happens are two different things.

Be under no illusions, if this lady wants to borrow against the land she will and there will be no shortage of unscrupulous money lenders willing to let her.

• Like 2

When I paid for a house it was bought in my biological son's name. Down the road he would have inherited it anyway and who knows whether inheritance tax will ever be introduced. It has been proposed often enough by the Dems. Also, there is less chance of him kicking me out of the house than his mother if things go tits up (unlikley after 25 years of marriage).

To the OP, as long as it does not say otherwise in the title deed and transfer documents, the land would be transferred together with any buildings standing (or falling down) thereon.

When I paid for a house it was bought in my biological son's name. Down the road he would have inherited it anyway and who knows whether inheritance tax will ever be introduced. It has been proposed often enough by the Dems. Also, there is less chance of him kicking me out of the house than his mother if things go tits up (unlikley after 25 years of marriage).

Off topic, but there's a whole load of us who were divorced and fleeced after 25+ years of marriage.

With menopause can come severe and permanent personality changes, never for the better.

PS

Also off topic

My Mrs. has just decided to buy a 'holiday home' in CM for 2M. 90% bank loan, at 3% over 30 years.

So in our case the bank owns the house, and as long as I make the payments they won't chuck me out.

(Not that I'm likely to be around in 30 years)

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

Off topic, but there's a whole load of us who were divorced and fleeced after 25+ years of marriage.

With menopause can come severe and permanent personality changes, never for the better.

PS

Also off topic

My Mrs. has just decided to buy a 'holiday home' in CM for 2M. 90% bank loan, at 3% over 30 years.

So in our case the bank owns the house, and as long as I make the payments they won't chuck me out.

(Not that I'm likely to be around in 30 years)

I said it is in my son's name. There is no mortgage. Anyway, even if my wife goes mental, she has no right to kick me out and my son will not take sides.

I said it is in my son's name. There is no mortgage. Anyway, even if my wife goes mental, she has no right to kick me out and my son will not take sides.

Who got named as 'property manager' at the land office (until the boy is 20), You or your wife?

If she was named 'manager' then she will have the right to chuck you out.

If you were named 'manager' then you will have the right to chuck her out.

If you don't know which of you is 'manager' then you have successfully been scammed!

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Hello on a wonderful day.

Sorry to OP for hijacking the topic, but some how i belive answer is given.

I see in the above given reply, someone is considering to buy a house, financed by

bank with a 30 year loan at 3% interest.

How is that possible? Where ever we ask, rate is minimum 7%,

Rasmus

Hello on a wonderful day.

Sorry to OP for hijacking the topic, but some how i belive answer is given.

I see in the above given reply, someone is considering to buy a house, financed by

bank with a 30 year loan at 3% interest.

How is that possible? Where ever we ask, rate is minimum 7%,

Rasmus

Off topic again

Bangkok Bank (went in earlier this morning)

Bank manager said 2M house - 10% dep =1.8M total loan (90% loan)

1.8M x3% = 54K interest divide by 12 = 4,500bht per month interest repayment

plus 9K per month capital repayment = 13,500bht per month total repayments in first year

next year 1.8M- (9k x 12) = 1,692M outstanding loan ..... repeat until Zero

(So the repayments reduce each year ... next year repayments about 12,700bht a month)

Manager also said, at any time you can pay 100k (or whatever) off, and payments/interest will be recalculated.

Seemed like a decent deal to me, offer confirmed or refused after credit check on the Mrs. in 2 weeks.

So currently waiting.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Who got named as 'property manager' at the land office (until the boy is 20), You or your wife?

If she was named 'manager' then she will have the right to chuck you out.

If you were named 'manager' then you will have the right to chuck her out.

If you don't know which of you is 'manager' then you have successfully been scammed!

My son is 23. The house was bought when he was 22. The age of majority is 20. No "manager" required. Not scammed.

• Like 1

You stole my thunder. It reminds me of a song at primary school we used to sing

Where have all the young girls gone? Gone to young men, every one! When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn

Edited by DDuval
  • Like 1

RG. Are you saying money can be borrowed against property in a child's name? I don't think that is so. or maybe you can enlighten us

PP, there is a difference between idealism and realism, I am not going to argue with what the law states, heck they tell me prostitution is illegal here.

What happens in real life is another matter entirley.

I wonder why the house isnt in the OPs name, whose name was the planning permission in, he does have planning permission?

Lets suppose my child has land, lets uppose I go to a loan shark and make an agreement that the land will be used as collateral, lets assume if the loan isnt paid back the land will be sold to pay the loan when the child reaches legal age to sell.

We have only the OPs word as to whose name the chanot is actually in, its not unheard of for chanots to be lost and new ones issued, putting the legalities of that to one side, who actually has custody of the child, read post #7.

What happened to the Irishman in Pukhet a while back?

I built and payed for a new house on my ladies land now she has transfered the land into her 16 year old daughter's name now i am wondering who legally owns the house

you went through this trouble of build a whole house in a foreign country, put up all the dough AND THEN you ask the questions?

Doesnt matter who own the land really is all the same,daughter or mother, the point is still same, you CANT .

Best thing you could have done was to set up the usufruct agreement and give you have the right too occupy,at least then have a little control, but if you are asking this question here it seems you didnt do this?

Seem really like your question should be who has gaurdianship right of the place until your daughter is of age. Knowing modus operandi of typical thai thought but not knowing your wife personally ill leave that up to you.i would think you already know

good lord unsure.png

I need to say the land was originally brought to leave to the children i was told rightly or wrongly by the land office that i could not buy land for children but it can be transferred afterwards which is what i have now done

I built the house to live in but also i knew that if anything happened to me or the relationship between my lady and i the children would have somewhere comfortable to live for the rest of there lives (there are two houses on separate land)

I believe in the saying to only give to a Thai lady what you can afford to lose which i have done

She as now got the same money now that she had when i met her nothing so if i ever leave her it will not be a problem for me about the money she as got from me

So if you did transfer the house to child under age 20

post #17?

Are you the 'manager' or is she the 'manager'.

Sorry, not your kid, so she is the manager, and can kick you out if she wants.

So the answer to your OP is

The kid owns the property, and it is managed by your gf until the kid is 20.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

good lord unsure.png

I need to say the land was originally brought to leave to the children i was told rightly or wrongly by the land office that i could not buy land for children but it can be transferred afterwards which is what i have now done

I built the house to live in but also i knew that if anything happened to me or the relationship between my lady and i the children would have somewhere comfortable to live for the rest of there lives (there are two houses on separate land)

I believe in the saying to only give to a Thai lady what you can afford to lose which i have done

She as now got the same money now that she had when i met her nothing so if i ever leave her it will not be a problem for me about the money she as got from me

I built the house to live in

Why did you not get the house in your name?

When you applied for planning permission to build the house, in whose name was the application submitted, if not yours, why not?

Go and collect your Darwin award. Where did you meet YOUR lady?

Of more concern, where did he seek legal advice?

Perhaps the lawyer should also pick up a Darwin adward.

Jesus H, there was a thread recently by some guy who stated his FIL said everything was sweet, guy hands over the money, goes to the land office who tell him to FO, when will they ever learn.

There was another thread by a guy claiming his mrs owned land, later transpired the land was actually gov't land.

All I have got left to say on this matter is that I am happy with what I have done I know that I will be leaving the children something when I go and I and if my lady not look after me till I die she will have nothing

I have nothing more to say on this matter