British Man Found Dead In East Pattaya Rented Apartment

webfact

British man found dead in East Pattaya rented apartment

dead-4.jpg

A 42 year old British man from Windsor in UK was found dead in his East Pattaya apartment on Tuesday afternoon.

PATTAYA: -- The alarm was raised by a resident at the Perfect Apartment in Soi Kao Ta Lo who noticed a foul odor coming from a room opposite his on 4th floor.

Entry was gained into the room and the body of its registered occupant Mr. Paul Antony Jones was found on the floor close to the balcony door at the rear of the apartment. He was wearing jeans but no shirt and due to the level of decomposition Police could not find any visible signs of trauma.

Drug taking paraphernalia was found inside the room in the form of a 1.5 litre Sprite Lemonade bottle which had been modified to become a drug-taking device.

Full story: http://www.pattayaon...nted-apartment/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-12-05

Seems to be a lot of peoples dreams come to the same sort of ending over here .. Is death could of come from any number of reasons. I hope people don't look to much in to the drug use as he could of just been a recreational pot smoker witch for sure isn't going to kill any one . 42 years old no age at all.... R.I.P my though go out for his kids

Edited by Brasilouro

I hope people don't look to much in to the drug use as he could of just been a recreational pot smoker witch for sure isn't going to kill any one .

Do people use modified soft drinks bottles for marijuana consumption here?

Yes. I've seen tourists do it back in the day (they can't bring or buy a pipe or bong).

Are there any suicide prevention websites or phone numbers for expats in Thailand? What would they say anyway..."Oi! Don't think too much, na."

There is a stigma against mental illness in Thailand and there are very few psychiatrists in LOS. Many afflicted get sent to witch doctors instead. I would be interested in setting up a website or hotline (Skype) for expats to call in a crisis. Something needs to be done, because this is becoming an epidemic.

Any ideas or suggestions? If we are a community, then we should help one another in times of stress--IMO.

• Like 1

Are there any suicide prevention websites or phone numbers for expats in Thailand? What would they say anyway..."Oi! Don't think too much, na."

There is a stigma against mental illness in Thailand and there are very few psychiatrists in LOS. Many afflicted get sent to witch doctors instead. I would be interested in setting up a website or hotline (Skype) for expats to call in a crisis. Something needs to be done, because this is becoming an epidemic.

Any ideas or suggestions? If we are a community, then we should help one another in times of stress--IMO.

It does appear to be getting worse doesn't it.

Personally I have never heard of a help line, never need it (hopefully never will).

There may well be though, I will ask some friends or maybe someone on TV who has been here longer would know.

Having said that we don't know yet if this was suicide overdose etc, maybe never will!

I am a consultant for Beyond Blue, and this is becoming an epidemic, would be happy to talk to anybody about setting up a help line, but would this be considered working? I certainly hope not, but volunteers are they not!

Tam mai / why such an epidemic. ? RIP so sad.

Edited by thooktong

I hope people don't look to much in to the drug use as he could of just been a recreational pot smoker witch for sure isn't going to kill any one .

Do people use modified soft drinks bottles for marijuana consumption here?

Every day.

It's called a bong ! partytime2.gif

Seems to be a lot of peoples dreams come to the same sort of ending over here .. Is death could of come from any number of reasons. I hope people don't look to much in to the drug use as he could of just been a recreational pot smoker witch for sure isn't going to kill any one . 42 years old no age at all.... R.I.P my though go out for his kids

I have lived in Thailand for 1 year and have still not visited Pattaya, I don't plan to either!!!!!

I have lived in Thailand for 10 years. I love Pattaya. I'll be there for Christmas because one can get a wonderful Christmas dinner in Pattaya for a very reasonable price. biggrin.png

• 7 months later...

I have lived in Thailand for 1 year and have still not visited Pattaya, I don't plan to either!!!!!

I am happy about your decision,stay where u are and live forever lol lol.