Safe Place To Park On The Thai Side Near Vientiane

davevi

I want to self drive to the Thai side of the Vientiane border to do a Visa conversion.

I am taking a rental car so I will need to leave it on the Thai side of the board.

My question is:

Is there a secure place or area where we could leave the car for two days while we are taking care of Visa issues in Vientiane?

Thanks.

Just before the border crossing on the left hand side. Secure parking. 100bt per night, I think.

Not so sure about secure parking, but there is a large car park on the left side just as you enter the Freedom Bridge. Last time we went over to Vientiane we left our rental bike there, never had a problem.

I have not been there in about 3 years, but last time I took my car I parked it on the left hand side where there are some stores and restaurants. One of the owners has parking in the back with a security guard so it's safe. Dont recall the parking amount believe we negotiated on the price and ended up paying 150B.

This was under cover too.

Just before the border crossing on the left hand side. Secure parking. 100bt per night, I think.

Not so sure about secure parking, but there is a large car park on the left side just as you enter the Freedom Bridge. Last time we went over to Vientiane we left our rental bike there, never had a problem.

Well it's secure as in a private company is running it as a business. Fenced off. No marines or armed guards wink.png

Sometimes I leave my truck on the Thai side and take my bicycle over and park at a hotel with the arrangement that I will stay on my return as well. Never been an extra charge or problem and just hire someone to drive me to the crossing.