Ex-Thai Prime Minister Abhisit ' To Face Murder Charge ': Officials

webfact

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

unless he pulled the trigger he didn't murder anyone - rediculous

If a Thai soldier on the ground was trigger happy and there's evidence beyond any reasonable doubt that he killed an inocent taxi driver then he should be brought to court to answer the allegations

only in Thailand

And Adolf Hilter, Slobodan Milosivitch? Pol Pot? Your logic really astounds me!

And still the politicians prefer to attack each other instead of bringing Thailand ahead. It's just s shame!

Really wondering if there is any other country on this globe where the (political) SHIT OF THE BULL is continuing for decades like in this by imbecils and corrupt gangsters ruled country whistling.gif Poor Thailand, must be ashamed of yourself! (pointing to those ^ssholes in Krungthep....).

Actually, it sounds remarkably like the posturing and obstructionism that has been going on in the US congress for some years now. Probably other democratic nations also. Politicians all over the world spend more time trying to advance party and personal political agendas rather than doing what is actually good for the people and country. Don't forget, the same people who illegally sold arms to Iran and to the Nicaraguan Contras tried to bring down an opposition president because he half-diddled an intern in the Whitehouse...

No, there's no confusion here. A young female nurse was shot dead from above (i.e., from a soldier's position) while attending to people who had taken refuge in a temple during the crackdown.

Please stay on topic. This is about a specific deceased taxi driver and not about propagandist conjecture over another passing away.

The term "soldier's position" is neither professionally recognised nor has any more relevance than the missionary position in this thread.

No, there's no confusion here. A young female nurse was shot dead from above (i.e., from a soldier's position) while attending to people who had taken refuge in a temple during the crackdown.

Please stay on topic. This is about a specific deceased taxi driver and not about propagandist conjecture over another passing away.

The term "soldier's position" is neither professionally recognised nor has any more relevance than the missionary position in this thread.

".......propagandist conjecture........."

What nonsense.

Nice try...........

It's about Prime Ministerial responsibilty.

• Like 2

".......propagandist conjecture........."

What nonsense.

Until such things have been proven in a court of law, they shall remain conjecture.

Now stay on topic

No he's not.

Please don't cloud the issue.

Good of you to admit the truth, that she was shot by the military.

Don't cloud the issue?? Look at the original quote. The issue was already clouded.

is it ok to shoot the nurse for revenge?

It would be good of you to show me where I admitted to the "truth".

And from what I understand that particular "truth" isn't very clear.

Sent from my HTC phone.

Perhaps you need to stay away from the mushrooms. The term, 'soldier's position', was not presented as a technical term and does not need to be "professionally recognised" (by whatever profession determines what phrases can be used in this context). It merely refers to the fact that the shot came from an elevated position (walkway) and all these positions were held by soldiers at the time. Of course, paranoid fantasies aside, there was no reason for anyone other than soldiers to be responsible for the shootings into the temple compound where the protesters were sheltering.

Educate yourself with this first-hand account from a Canadian reporter: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/in-a-bangkok-buddhist-temple-the-groans-of-the-wounded-shot-seeking-sanctuary/article4330192/?page=1

No he's not.

Please don't cloud the issue.

Good of you to admit the truth, that she was shot by the military.

Don't cloud the issue?? Look at the original quote. The issue was already clouded.

is it ok to shoot the nurse for revenge?

It would be good of you to show me where I admitted to the "truth".

And from what I understand that particular "truth" isn't very clear.

Sent from my HTC phone.

The "truth" here is molded by perception, influenced by prejudice and shaped by preconceived notions corresponding to an internal belief system that may or may not be predicated upon reality.

• Like 1

Perhaps you need to stay away from the mushrooms. The term, 'soldier's position', was not presented as a technical term and does not need to be "professionally recognised" (by whatever profession determines what phrases can be used in this context). It merely refers to the fact that the shot came from an elevated position (walkway) and all these positions were held by soldiers at the time. Of course, paranoid fantasies aside, there was no reason for anyone other than soldiers to be responsible for the shootings into the temple compound where the protesters were sheltering.

Educate yourself with this first-hand account from a Canadian reporter: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/in-a-bangkok-buddhist-temple-the-groans-of-the-wounded-shot-seeking-sanctuary/article4330192/?page=1

The missionary position is also elevated.

Now for the sake of God, stick to the thread.

Jaysus!

Lets face it.....the soilders that shot the protesters and the taxi driver were and still are like a grade 7,8,9 class. no respect,no dicapline and shit themselves when someone shouts (not shoots) at them. The soilders killed the protesters and the taxi driver...Why...because someone said they could.

• Like 1

A government led by liars, thieves, dissemblers, sycophants, and incompetents...

A commercial oligarchy expatriating its assets on an unprecedented scale...

A populace largely incapable of comprehending the degree to which they are being exploited or by whom...

Since military coups are now deemed to be politically incorrect, perhaps reverting to an absolute monarchy would be an acceptable alternative.

Educate yourself with this first-hand account from a Canadian reporter: http://www.theglobea...4330192/?page=1

The missionary position is also elevated.

Now for the sake of God, stick to the thread.

Jaysus!

This is relevant. This is about Prime Ministerial accountability for the actions of soldiers under orders to use arms to disperse protesters. The shooting of unarmed protesters seeking shelter in a temple is arguably more relevant than comments concerning Tak Bai and the 'War on Drugs' since this event was the result of the same orders that led to the death of the taxi driver. But I don't see you trying to censor people referring to those earlier events.

• Like 1

This is relevant. This is about Prime Ministerial accountability for the actions of soldiers under orders to use arms to disperse protesters. The shooting of unarmed protesters seeking shelter in a temple is arguably more relevant than comments concerning Tak Bai and the 'War on Drugs' since this event was the result of the same orders that led to the death of the taxi driver. But I don't see you trying to censor people referring to those earlier events.

No. There are a million other threads that have done all those subjects to death ad infinitum.

This thread is about the death of one man. Pay him some respect and stop polluting his ongoing obituary.

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2010/05/16/nick-nostitz-in-the-killing-zone/

This is an eye-witness account, by a foreign journalist, of the killing of the taxi driver K. Chunnarong. It includes photographs before and after the event and a great amount of detail about how the soldiers conducted their operation. Pretty brutal stuff. A middle-aged man, armed with a small slingshot, shot to death by trained soldiers armed with high-powered rifles ... David losing to Goliath. Anyway, read the account get a sense of what was really happening on the ground that day....

• Like 2

"It was the job of the government of that day to also restore order," I was there, I saw it, I totally agree.

It is always the job of government to maintain order. That's a given. The issue is about how it is done. Force has to be proportional. That's what separates the Assads from the leaders of more democratic nations (most of the time, at least).

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2010/05/16/nick-nostitz-in-the-killing-zone/

This is an eye-witness account, by a foreign journalist, of the killing of the taxi driver K. Chunnarong. It includes photographs before and after the event and a great amount of detail about how the soldiers conducted their operation. Pretty brutal stuff. A middle-aged man, armed with a small slingshot, shot to death by trained soldiers armed with high-powered rifles ... David losing to Goliath. Anyway, read the account get a sense of what was really happening on the ground that day....

Just a sec ... I thought the taxi driver was shot when he ran out of his apartment to see what was going on??

Sent from my HTC phone.

No. There are a million other threads that have done all those subjects to death ad infinitum.

This thread is about the death of one man. Pay him some respect and stop polluting his ongoing obituary.

Ridiculous. Why does my comment disrespect the man. You're the one who is downplaying what took place. And I'm the one who, in a recent post, who linked a detailed account of this poor man's death.

"It was the job of the government of that day to also restore order," I was there, I saw it, I totally agree.

It is always the job of government to maintain order. That's a given. The issue is about how it is done. Force has to be proportional. That's what separates the Assads from the leaders of more democratic nations (most of the time, at least).

What do you think is the proportionate response to attacks with assault rifles, grenades and RPGs?

• Like 2

http://asiapacific.a...e-killing-zone/

Just a sec ... I thought the taxi driver was shot when he ran out of his apartment to see what was going on??

Sent from my HTC phone.

Yes, this is clearly something that will need to be cleared up in the investigation. The writer of the account clearly identifies the man as the taxi driver now under discussion. He also has a piece, written in Thai, in which he interviews the man's widow.... My Thai is nowhere near good enough to navigate that.

The article for which a link was provided by 'docno' is interesting. Read it. It has all kind of remarks like below. Obviously k. Abhisit/Suthep need to be charged for murder.

"the Red leadership was nowhere to be found. The men who had encouraged tens of thousands to risk their lives in the name of "democracy" - paralyzing the commercial heart of Bangkok in the process - had disappeared and left their followers to fend for themselves."

"Red Shirt protesters could be seen lighting the Chit Lom station of Bangkok's SkyTrain system ablaze, ostensibly to keep soldiers from advancing over the tracks. An hour later, fighters broke into the 45-storey Central World shopping mall, looting and then torching what was once one of the city's most popular destinations."

""We can't go anywhere else. We don't know who will shoot at us.""

"Someone had tossed two fireworks toward the soldiers, who by now were in control of the stage area, drawing a furious response. A gun battle raged in the fading light and into the threatening dark that followed."

"He was still near the front gate, bleeding profusely from six shotgun pellets embedded in his right thigh"

"Long hours passed. The gunfire subsided, then roared again. Mysterious explosions went off in the dark. The panic level rose."

May I add other links, equally damning ?

http://www.thaivisa....00#entry5308387

http://cpj.org/repor...-under-fire.php

Sent from my HTC phone.

Yes, this is clearly something that will need to be cleared up in the investigation. The writer of the account clearly identifies the man as the taxi driver now under discussion. He also has a piece, written in Thai, in which he interviews the man's widow.... My Thai is nowhere near good enough to navigate that.

But there has already been an investigation that determined that the taxi driver was most likely shot by the army and that he just ran down to see what was going on. Does the journalist say that he ran down to see what was going on with his slingshot?

Sent from my HTC phone.

Ask yourself a few questions.

Who should have been responsible for crowd control?

Were the armed forces trained for it?

The troops were armed because of earlier incidents. What state of mind were they in?

Now an unfortunate taxi driver heard a commotion and came running to see what was going on. Somebody made a bad call. Maybe more than one.

Far from black and white.

Add to that despite a dead body with an entry and exit wound - no bullet, no gun, no perpetrator.

So, a court of law may apply Occam's razor and point the tenuous but useless finger at the armed forces.

To redirect that fragile blame at the body in charge of the riots might bring some culpability but that would depend on the order and the line of command. I doubt very much that any orders were given other than shoot in self defense.

Part of that body is the head of the DSI who today is part of the panel recommending the prosecution of 2 other members of the same committee - the CRES. What Tarit was part of in 2010, he is distancing himself from today. In the very least self preservation. At worst subversion. Should Tarit be involved? Not in the least

Feel free to be honest and post in here.

Edited by Moruya

unless he pulled the trigger he didn't murder anyone - rediculous

If a Thai soldier on the ground was trigger happy and there's evidence beyond any reasonable doubt that he killed an inocent taxi driver then he should be brought to court to answer the allegations

only in Thailand

And Adolf Hilter, Slobodan Milosivitch? Pol Pot? Your logic really astounds me!

Quite recently it was the deposed Egyptian president Mubarak, he did not kill personally, but was found guilty.

Sent from my HTC phone.

But there has already been an investigation that determined that the taxi driver was most likely shot by the army and that he just ran down to see what was going on. Does the journalist say that he ran down to see what was going on with his slingshot?

Sent from my HTC phone.

Sorry for quoting your post whybother but there is pages of nonsense I could have quoted. I really feel sorry for the gimp. The DSI (who under dems made no progress for 2 years) have now picked what they believe is the one water tight case to hang on Abhisit. Any orders that were given must have been signed and judging by todays developments it would suggest that they believe rightly or wrongly that the signature belongs to Mark.

We all know he didnt make the call in real life and if this plays out will he fall on the sword or reveal who he received the orders from. To ensure democratic progress coups must never be allowed to happen again and clever Thaksin is making sure this one goes to the wire and I think Thaksin wants the Thai people to know who really gave the orders. There is no amnesty trade off by returning Thaksin for Abhisits acquittal because Thaksin is still the bogeyman because Mark would be seen to do nothing wrong.

As for those who somehow believe that this is to shut Dems up about the rice scam and that Abhisit is scaring the government..get real. The rice adventure is about destroying the rice exporters association who have too much power and allegdelly finance previous coups (amongst others). Thaksin is may to smart for this clusterfook amart and Dem party.

I dont believe Abhisit is guilty but will he give who his paymaster for his freedom. Finally I am a little disappointed that some of the heavyweight yellow shirt facists who post on here have yet to stick their head above the parapet. Theres a challenge

• Like 1