Where To Exchange Philippine Peso In Pattaya?

Trevor25222

I have PHP 5,000 (about THB 3,750) in cash. There is no listing for PHP at any of the exchange windows that I have seen. Strange, as one would expect them to convert fellow ASEAN regional currencies into Thai Baht.

Where might I get a decent exchange rate in Pattaya, or would I be better off just selling it back to Superrich in Bangkok?

Edited by Trevor25222

Best bet is to visit walking street banks because they usually change any currency as they can sell any also.

I know for a fact k-bank booth at Tops on 2 road has the rate for pesos displayed.

Also for Malaysian Ringgit, but they will not provide exchange services of Malaysian currency to baht - in fact none of the banks in Pattaya that I approached would do so. Only the non bank affiliated money exchangers

I know for a fact k-bank booth at Tops on 2 road has the rate for pesos displayed.

Also for Malaysian Ringgit, but they will not provide exchange services of Malaysian currency to baht - in fact none of the banks in Pattaya that I approached would do so.

One wonders why they bother displaying the rate if they dont accept them?

Also for Malaysian Ringgit, but they will not provide exchange services of Malaysian currency to baht - in fact none of the banks in Pattaya that I approached would do so.

One wonders why they bother displaying the rate if they dont accept them?

Good point, but I assume the display contents are provided by an application hosted at the Bank's H.O. IT infrastructure, not customised by location/branch

Best bet is to visit walking street banks because they usually change any currency as they can sell any also.

Also for Malaysian Ringgit, but they will not provide exchange services of Malaysian currency to baht - in fact none of the banks in Pattaya that I approached would do so. Only the non bank affiliated money exchangers

You will be surprised, Russian rubles are hard to change at any branch, but on Walking street have no problem to change. It really does have to do with location, if they can sell the currency.

Once i wanted to buy some US$, spent all day driving around getting little here and there

Philippine pesos are kinda like Filipino food...nobody outside the Philippines wants them.

So true ... they're surrounded by good eats but don't want to take them on board.

TT Exchange will buy Pesos but at only 0.55. I'll sell them back to Superrich in Bangkok at 0.75 . With a country full of willing native women, why would a Filipino come to Pattaya?