Ex-Thai Premier Abhisit Slams 'political' Protest Murder Charge

webfact

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So when will the DSI charge Thaksin for the 2,500 people that were killed during the war on drugs several years ago?

Not forgetting Tai Bak

ThiS thread is about abhisit bleating and not taking responsibility, but since you raised this since these incidents there has been a military government and the dem government, neither brought charges for these against thaksin,

Ask yourself why

"Suthep and I will not bargain for this trial... Reconciliation should be based on truth and responsibility -- there is no reason to exchange that for an amnesty for people who corrupt this country," he said.

Nice quote.

I really do hope we see some truth and responsibility for their decisions and actions from Suthep and AV.

How refreshing that would be.

Nice quote.

I really do hope we see some truth and responsibility for their decisions and actions from Suthep and AV.

Indeed. Very refreshing.

The practise of those on the other side of the political divide (your icons) unfortunately just stinks and pales in comparison

No wonder you refuse to credit the morals of a man who has some

• Like 2

So when will the DSI charge Thaksin for the 2,500 people that were killed during the war on drugs several years ago?

Not forgetting Tai Bak

ThiS thread is about abhisit bleating and not taking responsibility, but since you raised this since these incidents there has been a military government and the dem government, neither brought charges for these against thaksin,

Ask yourself why

It never occurred to them to sink so low?

Nice quote.

Indeed. Very refreshing.

The practise of those on the other side of the political divide (your icons) unfortunately just stinks and pales in comparison

Which icons ??

I don't recall stating any preferences.

Do you have anything to substantiate your implication ???

Or are you just making another smear..................

I'm going to barricade myself in Liverpool One later today. 50 pound a person will be handed out to anybody who wants to join me and wear a ridiculous coloured shirt featuring the image of my paymaster. If the police or army do try and evict me, or anybody stages an opposing protest, I'll have my armed militia fire upon them with battlefield war weapons.

What's the odds of me being shot in the head by Monday, and nobody going being charged with murder for it ever?

I personally think Abhisit, Suthep and whoever else has been implicated in these ridiculous charges are secretly relishing in just how badly this will backfire on PT. What a childish, pathetic and silly move.

As I said in another thread. "As you sow. so shall you reap." PTP/UDD need to be very careful where this goes.

• Like 1

I'm going to barricade myself in Liverpool One later today. 50 pound a person will be handed out to anybody who wants to join me and wear a ridiculous coloured shirt featuring the image of my paymaster. If the police or army do try and evict me, or anybody stages an opposing protest, I'll have my armed militia fire upon them with battlefield war weapons.

What's the odds of me being shot in the head by Monday, and nobody going being charged with murder for it ever?

I personally think Abhisit, Suthep and whoever else has been implicated in these ridiculous charges are secretly relishing in just how badly this will backfire on PT. What a childish, pathetic and silly move.

I used to work in Liverpool 1.

In the days of HMIT.....................

It will be interesting to see if it does backfire on PT.

I doubt it, unless there is a move by the men in green, which is quite likely I think.

Within the next 12 months, probably, IMO.

Suthep and AV should rightfully be called to account for their despicable decisions.

• Like 1

I used to work in Liverpool 1.

In the days of HMIT.....................

It will be interesting to see if it does backfire on PT.

I doubt it, unless there is a move by the men in green, which is quite likely I think.

Within the next 12 months, probably, IMO.

Suthep and AV should rightfully be called to account for their despicable decisions.

I was hoping for your support, philw. Don't you agree with my cause?

You want truth and responsibility abhisit? Then tell the truth and take responsibility for the orders you gave and the unarmed people that died at the hands of the army, it's all well and good just pointing the finger at the other side and tell them what to do for reconciliation, but take a look at your own actions and man up and face the consequences.

Abhist has manned up and will present himselp to the DSI for charges and he will stay and fight them. Its the convicted criminal, Thaksin that lost his bottle and fled like the coward he is.

Mr. Thaksin was in Thailand for the first two investigations of the unfounded allegations related to the containment of the drug cartels. Despite multiple inquests, Mr. Thaksin was not convicted of anything in that regard, nor did he flee from the investigations.

Funny how Tarit comes out with this allegations, two years after he was part of the CRES handling the protest.

Yes that is funny isn't it. Tarit claims that although he was a part of it all as Director of the CRES, he was opposed to the use of force that was employed. To my mind, if he really had been opposed as he now claims, he should have expressed that opposition by standing down from his position on a matter of principle. He didn't. He remained a part of it. If he thinks Abhisit has a murder charge to answer to, perhaps he should consider putting in a charge against himself for conspiring with the accused.

When has Tarit ever been or claimedd to be Director of Cres? That has always been Suthep.

And no effort to get a convicted EX PM back to the country to serve sentence . What a pathetic country , in any other country where its people had some backbone there would be demonstrations in the Streets

Mr. Thaksin's case is quite separate from the allegations raised in this matter. The case against Mr. Abhisit relates to violence against Thai nationals. Mr. Abhisit's case involves a "financial crime". Typically, governments adopt a wait and see attitude with non violent offenders. Thailand's reluctance to pursue Mr. Abhisit is the norm for national governments when it comes to economic crimes. That doesn't mean the allegations are not worth pursuiing. Rather, no one was allegedly killed or had their civil rights infringed upon in the Thaksin matter, so it does not rate the same attention as does a politically related related activity that results in physical harm to people.

Funny how Tarit comes out with this allegations, two years after he was part of the CRES handling the protest.

Yes that is funny isn't it. Tarit claims that although he was a part of it all as Director of the CRES, he was opposed to the use of force that was employed. To my mind, if he really had been opposed as he now claims, he should have expressed that opposition by standing down from his position on a matter of principle. He didn't. He remained a part of it. If he thinks Abhisit has a murder charge to answer to, perhaps he should consider putting in a charge against himself for conspiring with the accused.

When has Tarit ever been or claimedd to be Director of Cres? That has always been Suthep.

Sorry yes i mispoke. Tarit was a member of the CRES, not director. He was still a part of the team.

Why is he responsible for a soldier breaking the rules of engagement?

This ladies and gents is what happens when the military is not under the complete control if the civilian government and judiciary.

Who is responsible for the soldiers conduct and implementayion of the rules of engagement? The commanding officers.

You reckon abhisit signed a shoot to kill policy? Never

But who signed an order allowing the troops to carry and use live ammunition to two areas of peaceful demonstration, when no-one had been shot or killed up until that point on the 10th April? Suthep. Acting as Abhisits agent in charge of CRES.

insisting military action against protestors was to restore order.

which is why his actions didnt conform to any standard, internationally recognized procedures

what an idiot - i hope they put him in a cell next to the red shirts who have been without bail for almost 3 years.

You want truth and responsibility abhisit? Then tell the truth and take responsibility for the orders you gave and the unarmed people that died at the hands of the army, it's all well and good just pointing the finger at the other side and tell them what to do for reconciliation, but take a look at your own actions and man up and face the consequences.

Who will take responsibility for the unarmed people that died at the hands of the red shirts?

Perhaps the other side ought to lead by example before continually having a go at Abhisit, his leadership and his government.

Least anyone needs reminding or indeed isn,t aware of the exiled leaders track record this informative url will help to maybe provide some reality as to how the other side and in particular their CEO Thaksin to this day has not faced up to what he is responsible far.

There is plenty of info about the red shirts so it is relevant to several commentators that are constantly in denial and seemingly consider them peace loving innocents.

http://pad.vfly.net/en/642/worst-human-rights-abuser-violation-thaksin/

marshbags sad.png

P.S.

Kudos to Abhisit and Suthep for having the guts to stand trial and openly face their accusers.

The reconciliation reference is at the door of the PT and unless they start offering genuine efforts to accomodate all sides, it will never happen democratically and most certainly while ridiculous charges like these of murder are made, it is glaringly obvious they do not want it.

It is all about the interests of Thaksins family and his infamous followers and doesn,t take into account the interests of all the other groups they are supposedly wishing to reconcile with.

• Like 2

I think the further this hatchet job goes, the more self-inflicted damage that PTP will bring on itself. All but the most extremist red sympathisers know that Abhisit on a murder charge is just silly, and the longer it goes on, the more damage it will do to the credence of all other cases that may be pursued.

It also could potentially reflect badly on Thaksin: if Abhisit defiantly stands his ground and faces up to charges that potentially could result in a death penalty, rather than cowardly fleeing off overseas or rushing into making some sort of whitewash pact, it could turn Abhisit into some sort of courageous victim in all this and give him the moral high ground.

youre dreaming

its about time he faced charges

the man was responsible as head of the government and he sent out snipers

it was a stupid irresponsible move at the time and 3 years doesnt change that

i love this denial

But Abhisit denied the accusation, saying the pair's "honest intention" was to "restore peace and order without a crackdown".

yeah right. they just happen to take out the rebel general and the next day begin a 6 day, deadly & bloody crackdown

as if that wasnt not planned. abhisit must think everybodys a moron.

Why is he responsible for a soldier breaking the rules of engagement?

This ladies and gents is what happens when the military is not under the complete control if the civilian government and judiciary.

Who is responsible for the soldiers conduct and implementayion of the rules of engagement? The commanding officers.

You reckon abhisit signed a shoot to kill policy? Never

But who signed an order allowing the troops to carry and use live ammunition to two areas of peaceful demonstration, when no-one had been shot or killed up until that point on the 10th April? Suthep. Acting as Abhisits agent in charge of CRES.

The rules of engagement were reportedly self defence. So, if someone breaks them, is the person who signs the order responsible?

I think the further this hatchet job goes, the more self-inflicted damage that PTP will bring on itself. All but the most extremist red sympathisers know that Abhisit on a murder charge is just silly, and the longer it goes on, the more damage it will do to the credence of all other cases that may be pursued.

It also could potentially reflect badly on Thaksin: if Abhisit defiantly stands his ground and faces up to charges that potentially could result in a death penalty, rather than cowardly fleeing off overseas or rushing into making some sort of whitewash pact, it could turn Abhisit into some sort of courageous victim in all this and give him the moral high ground.

youre dreaming

its about time he faced charges

the man was responsible as head of the government and he sent out snipers

it was a stupid irresponsible move at the time and 3 years doesnt change that

i love this denial

But Abhisit denied the accusation, saying the pair's "honest intention" was to "restore peace and order without a crackdown".

yeah right. they just happen to take out the rebel general and the next day begin a 6 day, deadly & bloody crackdown

as if that wasnt not planned. abhisit must think everybodys a moron.

Since making rather ridiculous statements is your argument, please provide any proof or support that he sent out snipers?

I guess it was the soi dogs who started the fires as wellwhistling.gif

• Like 1

Sorry yes i mispoke. Tarit was a member of the CRES, not director. He was still a part of the team.

But purely in an administrative role I recall him stating i.e nothing to do with making operational decisions which is a valid point on his behalf. And as for standing down what would be the point if he didn't / couldn't influence any outcomes. Maybe he's the professional he says he is? It's possible http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/DSI-chief-Tarit-rejects-chameleon-tag-30192890.html

But purely in an administrative role I recall him stating i.e nothing to do with making operational decisions which is a valid point on his behalf. And as for standing down what would be the point if he didn't / couldn't influence any outcomes. Maybe he's the professional he says he is? It's possible http://www.nationmul...g-30192890.html

I like the last two sentences of this team player wink.png

"Summarising his expectations as the cases wind up, the DSI chief said people from both sides would be prosecuted. "It is about people quarrelling and then crossing a line. The red shirts crossed a line, the CRES also had the tendency to cross a line. It is a big issue that happened right in the heart of the city; nobody can fake evidence and the court will decide, not me,'' he said."

Very political phrased. He was there, he didn't like what he had to do, he didn't step down, he was a loyal civil servant. Who in his right mind would even think of apportioning part of the blame to him rolleyes.gif

Abhist has manned up and will present himselp to the DSI for charges and he will stay and fight them. Its the convicted criminal, Thaksin that lost his bottle and fled like the coward he is.

Mr. Thaksin was in Thailand for the first two investigations of the unfounded allegations related to the containment of the drug cartels. Despite multiple inquests, Mr. Thaksin was not convicted of anything in that regard, nor did he flee from the investigations.

He did however threaten to walk out of an ASEAN meeting, if any of them criticised Tai Bak.

Isn't that what he is doing?

Nice quote.

Indeed. Very refreshing.

Which icons ??

I don't recall stating any preferences.

Do you have anything to substantiate your implication ???

Or are you just making another smear..................

I don't need to substantiate, your record is with your one-eyed posts.

It's not a smear in the least. Just a matter of public record

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App