Duchess Of Cambridge Hoax Call Nurse Found Dead

webfact

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes seriously, is that too difficult for you to grasp??? sad.png

Yes. It is.

That they had no idea who it was, and that as soon as she committed suicide, everyone knew who she was, is difficult to believe.

I presume by " they " you are referring to the media??

Her name would be released by the police after her family had been informed on the report of

her body being found, until that time no one, including the media, had any knowledge of her

identity, so bang goes your theory that the media had anything to do with her death, and back

comes the idiot DJs as the prime suspects. Not to mention the criminal radio station!!!!

Yes. It is.

That they had no idea who it was, and that as soon as she committed suicide, everyone knew who she was, is difficult to believe.

Her name would be released by the police after her family had been informed on the report of

her body being found, until that time no one, including the media, had any knowledge of her

identity, so bang goes your theory that the media had anything to do with her death, and back

comes the idiot DJs as the prime suspects. Not to mention the criminal radio station!!!!

Prime suspects? That would indicate a crime has been committed. Are you saying it was not suicide but a crime committed by the DJs and Radio station?

Yes. It is.

Prime suspects? That would indicate a crime has been committed. Are you saying it was not suicide but a crime committed by the DJs and Radio station?

No crime identified in Australia

Two crimes were committed by the radio station and the DJs.

Impersonating a member of a patients family in an attempt to obtain confidential medical information about that patient from a hospital.

Broadcasting a hoax call without first obtaining the permission of the victims.

It is up to the CPS in the UK and their Australian equivalent to decide whether or not it is worth pursuing prosecutions.

The DJs made the call and all the evidence points to the call pushing this poor woman over the edge, whatever other problems she may have had. In that sense they are prime suspects in the cause of her suicide at that time.

Whybother, as phuketjock says, the identity of this poor woman was not released to the media until after her death and after her family had been informed. That is standard procedure in the UK in any sudden death, regardless of the cause.

The identity of the second nurse has not been released.

Your attempts to put the blame onto the media and exonerate the DJs from any responsibility are ridiculous, have no merit and are becoming increasingly desperate!

I must add that I have no time for the morons who are reported to have made threats to the DJs and their families. Their reported actions are terrible and I hope they are identified and dealt with by the authorities.

Edited by 7by7

Impersonating a member of a patients family in an attempt to obtain confidential medical information about that patient from a hospital.

It is up to the CPS in the UK and their Australian equivalent to decide whether or not it is worth pursuing prosecutions.

The DJs made the call and all the evidence points to the call pushing this poor woman over the edge, whatever other problems she may have had. In that sense they are prime suspects in the cause of her suicide at that time.

Whybother, as phuketjock says, the identity of this poor woman was not released to the media until after her death and after her family had been informed. That is standard procedure in the UK in any sudden death, regardless of the cause.

Your attempts to put the blame onto the media and exonerate the DJs from any responsibility are ridiculous, have no merit and are becoming increasingly desperate!

I must add that I have no time for the morons who are reported to have made threats to the DJs and their families. Their reported actions are terrible and I hope they are identified and dealt with by the authorities.

Not up to Australia as no criminal offence has been identified in Australia. The Australian broadcasting Commission could fine the station or revoke thier licence but that is a civil matter. As for the U.K they have considered a U.K law of attempt to gain medical details by deception but are they going to persue extradiction proceeding for such an offence given the circumstances. Who would they file the actual charges against, The CEO of the station, the producers of the show, the d'j's for following the script or the guy in the booth who actually dialed the number for the d.j's. The U.K no longer has any jurisdiction in Australia.

Not up to Australia as no criminal offence has been identified in Australia. The Australian broadcasting Commission could fine the station or revoke thier licence but that is a civil matter. As for the U.K they have considered a U.K law of attempt to gain medical details by deception but are they going to persue extradiction proceeding for such an offence given the circumstances. Who would they file the actual charges against, The CEO of the station, the producers of the show, the d'j's for following the script or the guy in the booth who actually dialed the number for the d.j's. The U.K no longer has any jurisdiction in Australia.

It could be argued by the UK it was a crime committed on UK soil.

But clearly the call for laying charges it is all just a political exercise and smokescreen to cover up failings in their own (the hospital and the Royal families protection services) procedures in maintaining privacy and access to information.

Yes. It is.

More than one if you have been keeping up

Impersonation is against the law.

Failing to obtain the victims permission before broadcast against the law.

Leading to the suicide of an innocent nurse.

Possibly other laws were broken, I'm not a policeman or lawer.

Interesting it is not illegal to impersonate someone in Australia, so fraud must be

legal there then??

And you can broadcast anything about anyone without their permission, I seriously

doubt that??

Edited by phuketjock

But clearly the call for laying charges it is all just a political exercise and smokescreen to cover up failings in their own (the hospital and the Royal families protection services) procedures in maintaining privacy and access to information.

Yes, there were failings in the hospital's call screening; probably because the call was made in the middle of the night when no receptionist etc. were on duty and the call was taken by two nurses whose prime concern was looking after their patients.

But to lay the blame on the victims rather than the perpetrators is ridiculous.

If that is your view, then one can only conclude that were your unfortunate enough to be burgled you would blame yourself for not fitting proper security and not seek the arrest and prosecution of the thieves!

Not up to Australia as no criminal offence has been identified in Australia. As for the U.K they have considered a U.K law of attempt to gain medical details by deception but are they going to persue extradiction proceeding for such an offence given the circumstances. Who would they file the actual charges against, The CEO of the station, the producers of the show, the d'j's for following the script or the guy in the booth who actually dialed the number for the d.j's. The U.K no longer has any jurisdiction in Australia.

Interesting it is not illegal to impersonate someone in Australia, so fraud must be

legal there then??

And you can broadcast anything about anyone without their permission, I seriously

doubt that??

What I said was no criminal offence has been identified in Australia. It is not ilegal to impersonate someone in Australia as entertainers do it all the time. It is ilegal if you were doing so in connection with criminal activity but no criminal act was involved in AUSTRALIA.

I DEFINATELY DID NOT say that you could broadcast anything about anyone without thier permission (A recording of them that is)

I said; "The Australian broadcasting Commission could fine the station or revoke thier licence but that is a civil matter."

I don't know how you misunderstood this as meaning it was O.K.

I hope this clears up the misunderstandingwai2.gif

Edited by chooka

Not up to Australia as no criminal offence has been identified in Australia. As for the U.K they have considered a U.K law of attempt to gain medical details by deception but are they going to persue extradiction proceeding for such an offence given the circumstances. Who would they file the actual charges against, The CEO of the station, the producers of the show, the d'j's for following the script or the guy in the booth who actually dialed the number for the d.j's. The U.K no longer has any jurisdiction in Australia.

legal there then??

doubt that??

What I said was no criminal offence has been identified in Australia. And I DEFINATELY DID NOT say that you could broadcast anything about anyone without thier permission (A recording of them that is)

I said; "The Australian broadcasting Commission could fine the station or revoke thier licence but that is a civil matter."

I don't know how you misunderstood this as meaning it was O.K.

So fraud is not a criminal offence in Australia then ???

@phuketjock

You deliberately chopped this bit off the top of my post ----- "What I said was no criminal offence has been identified in Australia. It is not ilegal to impersonate someone in Australia as entertainers do it all the time. It is ilegal if you were doing so in connection with criminal activity but no criminal act was involved in AUSTRALIA.

Answer to your question is YES, Fraud is a criminal offence in Australia. The D.J's did not commit fraud in Australia.

What I said was no criminal offence has been identified in Australia. It is not ilegal to impersonate someone in Australia as entertainers do it all the time. It is ilegal if you were doing so in connection with criminal activity but no criminal act was involved in AUSTRALIA.

Impersonating a famous person in an entertainment where it is obvious it is not the actual person is one thing; impersonating someone in order to gain confidential information is completely different.

The first is not illegal in the UK; the second is.

Are you saying that it isn't illegal in Australia?

Edited by 7by7

Yes, there were failings in the hospital's call screening; probably because the call was made in the middle of the night when no receptionist etc. were on duty and the call was taken by two nurses whose prime concern was looking after their patients.

If that is your view, then one can only conclude that were your unfortunate enough to be burgled you would blame yourself for not fitting proper security and not seek the arrest and prosecution of the thieves!

Where did i lay 'blame on the victims' of this prank gone wrong?

You really ought to read my posts clearly 7x7. Please don't ascribe views to me that I have not stated. Frankly, you embarrass yourself when you do so.

I used the term 'failings' in relation to what is now clearly a politically motivated attempt at criminal charges.

The only real victim is the woman who committed suicide. (even that is debatable if she is a 'victim' given her state of mind.)

The hospital and the Royal families security team should have had protocols in place that cover 24 hours in a day. It does not matter what time the call was placed.

@phuketjock

You deliberately chopped this bit off the top of my post ----- "What I said was no criminal offence has been identified in Australia. It is not ilegal to impersonate someone in Australia as entertainers do it all the time. It is ilegal if you were doing so in connection with criminal activity but no criminal act was involved in AUSTRALIA.

Answer to your question is YES, Fraud is a criminal offence in Australia. The D.J's did not commit fraud in Australia.

Impersonating anyone for gain ( of anything including information ) is an act of fraud Chooka,

in just about any country in world I would think!!!!!

So if the DJs commited fraud which they did then they commited a criminal act!!!

Edited by phuketjock

Impersonating a famous person in an entertainment is one thind; impersonating someone in order to gain confidential information is completely different.

The first is not illegal in the Uk; the second is.

I am saying that no offence has been comitted by the D.J's under Australian law.

What was the D.J's specific intention? Was it entertainment or Criminal intent? You have to separate the two.

@phuketjock

Impersonating anyone for gain ( of anything including information ) is an act of fraud Chooka,

in just about any country in world I would think!!!!!

So if the DJs commited fraud which they did then they commited a criminal act!!!

A hoax also involves deception, but without the intention of gain or of damaging or depriving the victim. Ask yourself what was thier primary intention was it entertainment for the listening audience or a criminal intention. I will say it again no criminal act has been identified in Australia.

So you are confirming that impersonating someone in order to gain confidential information is not a criminal offence in Australia!

So anyone could walk into your bank, assuming you live in Australia, pretending to be you and discover all you personal financial details and then broadcast them on an 'entertainment' show and it would not be illegal!

Very odd.

• Like 1

Where did i lay 'blame on the victims' of this prank gone wrong?

You really ought to read my posts clearly 7x7. Please don't ascribe views to me that I have not stated. Frankly, you embarrass yourself when you do so.

I used the term 'failings' in relation to what is now clearly a politically motivated attempt at criminal charges.

The only real victim is the woman who committed suicide. (even that is debatable if she is a 'victim' given her state of mind.)

The hospital and the Royal families security team should have had protocols in place that cover 24 hours in a day. It does not matter what time the call was placed.

I have read you posts and it is obvious that you are attempting to shift the blame onto the victims; the nurses, the hospital and the RPS.

If you had read my post properly you would have seen that I said there were failings in the hospitals procedures.

Whether any charges will be laid we will have to wait and see; but the actions of the DJs and their bosses resulted in the death of an innocent woman. It is only right and proper that charges should be considered.

To say that such consideration is politically motivated merely demonstrates your ignorance in such areas.

Impersonating a famous person in an entertainment is one thind; impersonating someone in order to gain confidential information is completely different.

I am saying that no offence has been comitted by the D.J's under Australian law.

What was the D.J's specific intention? Was it entertainment or Criminal intent? You have to separate the two.

Their intent clearly was to obtain confidential information by fraudulent deception whether that was

for a joke or not it was still criminal fraud.

So you are confirming that impersonating someone in order to gain confidential information is not a criminal offence in Australia!

So anyone could walk into your bank, assuming you live in Australia, pretending to be you and discover all you personal financial details and then broadcast them on an 'entertainment' show and it would not be illegal!

Very odd.

Here is what I wrote at post #371, you may have missed it - " It is not ilegal to impersonate someone in Australia as entertainers do it all the time. It is ilegal if you were doing so in connection with criminal activity. If they had criminal intent then I am very sure they would be charged with a criminal offence, however no offence has been identified.

So I could pretend to be you in order to obtain your confidential financial details to broadcast them on the radio and I would not be committing a crime in Australia

Very odd.

Impersonating someone in an attempt to obtain confidential information is an offence in the UK; no matter what use one intends to put that information to.

I am very surprised to hear that it is not the same in Australia.

Or is it?

Edited by 7by7

Their intent clearly was to obtain confidential information by fraudulent deception whether that was

for a joke or not it was still criminal fraud.

Was thier intent entertainment or criminal intent, please try and separate the two. You would have to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that thier full intention was criminal and entertainment played no part. Do you think as a prosecutor you could achieve this before a jury of 12 in a court of law.

I know the legal minds in Australia are mere colonials but don't you think that they would be charged if they committed a crimal act. Please take off the blinkers and look at it logically. I will say it AGAIN no criminal offence has been identified in Australia.

Edited by chooka

Impersonating someone in an attempt to obtain confidential medical information is an offence in the UK; no matter what use one intends to put that information to.

Or is it?

No criminal offence has been Identified in Australia.

• Like 1

Impersonating someone in an attempt to obtain confidential medical information is an offence in the UK; no matter what use one intends to put that information to.

Or is it?

No criminal offence has been Identified in Australia.

Yet!!!!

I have read you posts and it is obvious that you are attempting to shift the blame onto the victims; the nurses, the hospital and the RPS.

If you had read my post properly you would have seen that I said there were failings in the hospitals procedures.

Whether any charges will be laid we will have to wait and see; but the actions of the DJs and their bosses resulted in the death of an innocent woman. It is only right and proper that charges should be considered.

To say that such consideration is politically motivated merely demonstrates your ignorance in such areas.

Why do you make up things that I have not said nor even come close to saying 7x7? rolleyes.gif As I said before, show me evidence of what you think I have said.

Secondly, why are the hospital and the RPS victims here? That just seems a ludicrous statement.

As for politics: maybe I am ignorant, but you are also guilty of such error in that case if you do not think the discussion of laying charges is politically motivated. Has to be a lot of votes and good press in that one.

You also keep coming back to the actions of the DJs and their bosses. As I have said from the beginning: Yes, the actions of the DJs were a trigger, but the Nurse must have been in a parlous state of mind ready for any event to precipitate her suicide. In fact this hypothesis has been borne out as being the truth.

In any suicide you can find people or events you can blame. Or you can accept for the most part the suicidee was in a frame of mind to kill themselves and these things happen as part of everyday life.

Did the radio station call back and say it was a prank and ask permission to broadcast it?

No.

Can I obtain confidential financial records form someone's bank in Australia as a prank and not be prosecuted?

Very odd, if so.

As for your preceding post; no use back peddling now; what you have previoulsy said is there for all to see.