British And American Teachers Found Dead In Thai Home

webfact

Returned in the morning from where.......I wonder........most of this tale is missing.

and also lived there for two years but had no door key, had to get security to open the door???.

On the thai news it was said she left momentarily and returned to a locked door. Then checked into a nearby hotel. Returned in the morning to a locked door. Had security open the door.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know both guys through one of their colleagues . Charlie was an asshol_e doing all kind of drugs he could get hes hands on. Jonathan on the other hand, he was slightly retarded maybe a mild form .of asbergers., he just always did whatever Charlie was doing without questioning anything. All Jonathan friends always told him to back out of the spiral of drugs but it never happened and now look how it ended sad.png dam_n Jonathan was nothing but a big laughing boy ill miss him,

But im pretty sure they died from an overdose. So just stop all the conspiracies about Jonathans wife.

Interesting.. thanks for the insight.

• Like 2

I feel sorry for the families of these guys, so young..

RIP..

i also feel soory for the lady that found them, must of been shocking..

i hope to read an update from police or there respective embassies soon..

then my opinion might change ... until i know what happened im not gonna presume things

about the living or deceassed..

it is interesting that on the Facebook page for that apartment complex, it shows a guy with a big plastic jar of insecticide and the caption (translated from Thai via google): "its indoor insecticide Rangsit apartment Building 2 in the morning before the afternoon building my first meet me ha!"

The scenario is too strange. For those who keep trying to dis- us armchair sleuths (and others who may have a background in detective and forensics), ....most of us are mentioning possiblities because we care. Not only for the two guys who passed away, but also it may preclude similar scenarios befalling others.

The police have a reputation for dropping the ball on such cases. Has there been a check re; whether the surviving gf/wife is a beneficiary of a generous insurance payment? There are so many factors that Thai investigators won't pursue - either because they're lazy, or because they just don't have the professionalism and wherewithal to do so.

Maybe all this possibilities will be investigated in the near future, but however that it takes only minutes on TV to come to a final conclusion, in real life it can take days or even weeks to follow all those trails.

Anyone that tries to use the reasoning that they saw it in a movie as to why it could have happened in real life needs to have their head examined.

I've read that same excuse now several times in this thread. "It was in a movie"

Maybe you need to re read the post rather than jumping straight to an answer that you want to give.

It happened in Cambodia for real, here is a link to a news article on it

http://www.dailymail...ht-cocaine.html

As for it being in a Movie. Yes I did advise that it was portrayed in one

Edited by I Like Thai

Anyone that tries to use the reasoning that they saw it in a movie as to why it could have happened in real life needs to have their head examined.

I've read that same excuse now several times in this thread. "It was in a movie"

Maybe you need to re read the post rather than jumping straight to an answer that you want to give.

It happened in Cambodia for real, here is a link to a news article on it

http://www.dailymail...ht-cocaine.html

As for it being in a Movie. Yes I did advise that it was portrayed in one

And what relevance does it being portrayed in a movie have on this case? Or are you just throwing it in in hopes it will add more support to your "theory"?

Although pesticides are being sprayed, why are there two deaths, but as of yet, no mention of any others who are even slightly ill? This does not appear to be the cause of death if it is not also the cause of illness to many others.

The pesticide is usually used in common areas. People in condos can request that their condo be sprayed as well. Perhaps the two that died were the only ones that had their condos sprayed. I'm not saying this happened or that it is the cause of death, but just giving a possible explanation.

But the facts are that at least one of these men was getting drugs from a rehab clinic. So maybe all that drug taking over the years has weaken their bodies and the pesticide killed them. Maybe it didn't affect other people because their bodies are stronger. Could be a large number of explanations. But it's probably better to wait for the investigation to complete. But one thing I'm pretty sure of is that the girl has nothing to do with it. I could be wrong, but there is nothing at all suspicious about being out all night and not taking your key. It is quite common, so I don't even know why some see it as suspicious.

Although pesticides are being sprayed, why are there two deaths, but as of yet, no mention of any others who are even slightly ill? This does not appear to be the cause of death if it is not also the cause of illness to many others.

The pesticide is usually used in common areas. People in condos can request that their condo be sprayed as well. Perhaps the two that died were the only ones that had their condos sprayed. I'm not saying this happened or that it is the cause of death, but just giving a possible explanation.

But the facts are that at least one of these men was getting drugs from a rehab clinic. So maybe all that drug taking over the years has weaken their bodies and the pesticide killed them. Maybe it didn't affect other people because their bodies are stronger. Could be a large number of explanations. But it's probably better to wait for the investigation to complete. But one thing I'm pretty sure of is that the girl has nothing to do with it. I could be wrong, but there is nothing at all suspicious about being out all night and not taking your key. It is quite common, so I don't even know why some see it as suspicious.

Pretty sure I saw that scenario in a movie once though. whistling.gif

Seems to be a lot of foreigners dying in their rooms in this country, doesn't seem so common ouyside Thailand oddly enough.

It is very common outside Thailand. In fact, most deaths occur at home. The difference is that there aren't forums like this for people to play detective. Too many paranoid people on TV.

• Like 1

From BP - Police initially suspected that both men probably had medical conditions.

5555, yes both of them,,, at the very same time,,,,, what about food poisoning?

Oh God here we go again.... Now it's not only happening in hotels but in private homes .... and now all the same old theories will come about... Magic mushrooms, Buckets, pesticides and on and on and in the end ... unresolved case ... jeeezz will it ever end

Let us summarize. Some armchair sleuthing is maybe not the worst way to shed some light on this affair. Internet is a tremendous resource because there are just so many people involved.

We have here two younger males. One of them at least has a drug history, but neither is affected to such an extent that their employer (the famous expensive international School) would consider sacking them.

The building and maybe even the apartment were sprayed with insecticide. This is a substance that is considered safe in normal usage and does not normally affect humans unless inhaled deliberately. It is used every day all over.

Some medicine / drugs are found in the apartment but nothing that could account for the sudden death of two People.

Somebody who has as much experience with drugs as Charlie has, according to the suggestion, will not mistake heroin for cocaine.

Evidence so far presented is not convincing.

When examination of available evidence leads nowhere, it is time to examine Motive.

One certainly must suspect there is far more to this ....

Cannot accept " Compfortable like watching TV " .....AND just pass away on the Sofa ?? ..Highly unlikely ..

The female ..together for many years ..Just " Happens " to be not in this night ? ..Smells like a Rat to me , certainly does not add up .

I've never read so much crap as the initial responses. The only drug found was 'diazepam', and at that "ONE PACKET". Diazepam overdose is 'rarely' fatal, if ever, and between 2 men would be impossible. Read your drug overdose details before posting utter rubbish.

The major results of daizepam also include seizures, so the fact that the men were sitting in 'normal positions in chairs' either indicates no diazepam overdose, or that they were placed in those positions after another incident.

They're very LUCKY THAT THE LADY WHO DISCOVERED THEM AFTER 10 HOURS OF BEING AWAY FROM WHERE SHE LIVED, is uncanny.

There's a heck of a lot more to this story that we are unlikely to ever discover!

-mel.

Edit: so it's now a bottle - same effect.... antidepressant liquid form - still doesn't kill!!

Of course there is..it's Thailand for Christs' sake!!!The dead bodies in the Downtown hotel Chiang Mai and of course the two twin sisters in Phi Phi..Thailand the only place people do die wondering!

UPDATE:

US, British teachers found dead near Bangkok

BANGKOK, Dec 8, 2012 (AFP) - Two English teachers, one American and the other British, have been found dead sitting side-by-side in the living room of an apartment on the outskirts of Bangkok, Thai police said Saturday.

The men, aged 40 and 35 respectively, were discovered in the early hours of Saturday morning, according to Lieutenant Colonel Chamnong Kongtapan, chief investigator at the local police station in Pathum Thani province.

Police, who are investigating the cause of death, found an empty medicine bottle in the room from a government-run drug rehabilitation center.

"The name of the British man was on the bottle but we don't know yet what kind of drug (was) inside," he said, adding there was no sign of injuries on the men's bodies, or that a struggle had taken place.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-12-08

"The name of the British man was on the bottle but we don't know yet what kind of drug (was) inside"

Didn't the initial article say it was Diazapam...??

Very bizarre.......almost reminds me of the British double heart attack victims in CM.......they both died sitting upright in a chair with signs of vomit?!

If I was chucking my guts up, I would not be calm and relaxed, sitting in an upright position, as if watching TV.

Can you picture it, the two blokes looking at each other vomiting and not doing anything about it?

Something not adding up here!

You've obviously never seen someone who's been sick while overdosed or drunk. They aren't calm and relaxed; they are more or less paralyzed That's why there are many deaths in the UK from drunk people choking to death on their own vomit. I don't think many of you understand this at all. You seem to think they were vomiting while relaxing and watching TV. They probably passed out and then vomited, and maybe choked to death. There are easy explanations for all of this. It's a little odd, but happens a lot more than many think it does. I've read plenty of stories like this in the UK over the years.

Yes many people do die in their sleep from vomitting but they are lying down in their beds. These guys were found sitting up in their chairs. If they were sick they wouldnt of died.

I know both guys through one of their colleagues . Charlie was an asshol_e doing all kind of drugs he could get hes hands on. Jonathan on the other hand, he was slightly retarded maybe a mild form .of asbergers., he just always did whatever Charlie was doing without questioning anything. All Jonathan friends always told him to back out of the spiral of drugs but it never happened and now look how it ended :( dam_n Jonathan was nothing but a big laughing boy ill miss him,

But im pretty sure they died from an overdose. So just stop all the conspiracies about Jonathans wife.

^ from girlfriend?

Never hear of two people sitting upright dying from OD together with emesis around, except in Thailand.

Do drug treatment centers had out methadone in Bkk? Methadone would not make them sick. They would just slip into respiratory depression.

Doubtful both would expire at the same time, especially when one may have an opiate tolerence suffucient to be receiving methadone for opiate maintenance treatment.

Edited by F430murci

UPDATE:

US, British teachers found dead near Bangkok

BANGKOK, Dec 8, 2012 (AFP) - Two English teachers, one American and the other British, have been found dead sitting side-by-side in the living room of an apartment on the outskirts of Bangkok, Thai police said Saturday.

The men, aged 40 and 35 respectively, were discovered in the early hours of Saturday morning, according to Lieutenant Colonel Chamnong Kongtapan, chief investigator at the local police station in Pathum Thani province.

Police, who are investigating the cause of death, found an empty medicine bottle in the room from a government-run drug rehabilitation center.

"The name of the British man was on the bottle but we don't know yet what kind of drug (was) inside," he said, adding there was no sign of injuries on the men's bodies, or that a struggle had taken place.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-12-08

"The name of the British man was on the bottle but we don't know yet what kind of drug (was) inside"

Didn't the initial article say it was Diazapam...??

Well forget about that. Valium won't do squat. They would literally have to take huge amounts. I have personally seen people take 10 to 14 ten mgs and be walking around. Benzo combined with methadone would a dangerous combination, especially for one lacking a tolerance to opiates.

the lady was living in the condominium for 2 years,

she left the whole night and did not take a key with her ??????

She had to ask the security guy?????

The dead guys locked the door behind her ? Nowing she had no key?

Maby she locked the door and then "lost" the key?

Nice alliby: " i could not have poisoned them because i was outside and had no key........"

Curious how this evolves.whistling.gif

i haven't had a key to my house in 10 years.

there is always someone around to let me in.

i also know a number of married couple who carry a single key. first person to go home takes it, why is this unusual?

I know both guys through one of their colleagues . Charlie was an asshol_e doing all kind of drugs he could get hes hands on. Jonathan on the other hand, he was slightly retarded maybe a mild form .of asbergers., he just always did whatever Charlie was doing without questioning anything. All Jonathan friends always told him to back out of the spiral of drugs but it never happened and now look how it ended sad.png dam_n Jonathan was nothing but a big laughing boy ill miss him,

^ from girlfriend?

Never hear of two people sitting upright dying from OD together with emesis around, except in Thailand.

Do drug treatment centers had out methadone in Bkk? Methadone would not make them sick. They would just slip into respiratory depression.

Doubtful both would expire at the same time, especially when one may have an opiate tolerence suffucient to be receiving methadone for opiate maintenance treatment.

I think you will find that Methadone does have nausea and vomiting as a side effect. Maybe they got the prescription, without proper testing, i.e. they hadn't been recently, or one of them had never been addicted to opiates, lately or ever ...either way ....still strange they would both die at the same time, but seems like one of the more reasonable explanations?

• Like 1

The problem is there is no journalistic standards in this country. You could read this story in 3 places and have different facts (many time conflicting) presented in each story. Then, turn on the news and they will tell you a completely different story.

On the Thai news they are saying that the GF came home after being out for a short period and the door was locked so we stayed in a hotel till the next day when she returned and had the security open the door.

In what we are reading here, she was away for the night and returned the next day to a locked door which she had security open for her.

It' silly to speculate when no concrete facts are known. Where there drugs found? If so what were they and how much was found? Empty bottles with customer names but no drug names? Huh?

I have never been in any house or room in Thailand that did NOT have what would b considered by the thai press as "drugs" in my room. We have a whole medicine chest actually. Got forbid someone dies in my house and they let the press in the next thing that will be said is "drugs" were found in the house.

• Like 2

The Diazepam found in the room mixed with alcohol gives a strong high. If the body is a bit dehydrated it is very easy for clogs to form in veins. Although the report don't say if they found alcohol in the room.

At last, somebody read the post istead of jumping to asumptions !!!

^ from girlfriend?

I think you will find that Methadone does have nausea and vomiting as a side effect. Maybe they got the prescription, without proper testing, i.e. they hadn't been recently, or one of them had never been addicted to opiates, lately or ever ...either way ....still strange they would both die at the same time, but seems like one of the more reasonable explanations?

Vomiting if reading in pdr or pip distributed with scripts. Big diff between black box warning and reality when it comes to scripts. Methadone will slip you into respiratory depression and it won't happen quickly. Vomiting not likely based just on Done. Done has a very long half-life.

Lol, at everyone reading generic pdr info on net about scripted drug and thinking they now have an understanding of that drug. Better place to start is learn about black box warnings and the reasons for black box warnings before looking at pdr.

Edited by F430murci

they could have both taken a load of the valium, fell asleep and never woke up... if there was alcohol involved then mixing them would be a big factor.

of course, the suspicions are there and it is suspicious.

i had a friend die a couple of years back in my home country from taken a few xanax (another benzo) and drinking a few beers, went to bed and never woke up, and he was only 23.

I would not take the majority of this report as being literal or assume anything.

A load of garbled facts where 2 + 2 = 5.

As usual bad reporting, bad journalism and distorted comments.

I doubt whether we will ever know, unless there are more detailed accounts of this incident published somewhere?

The report says "no sign of injuries". Do you think they checked for any sites of injections? They might have been sedated and then poisoned. Surely a toxicology test would show something? That is, if they don't "accidentally" burn the bodies.

This whole thing is just so fishy.

RIP to these two victims and I hope justice prevails and the person behind this gets reborn as a rock.