Maximum Coax Length For Truevison Hd?

IMHO

I'm looking to get TrueVision HD installed with 4 set top boxes in my new house.. 2 of the rooms are only around 15-20M from the dish location, but the other 2 will likely require cable runs of approx 45M and 55M respectively... Will there be any issues with these cable lengths?

No idea, but what about having another Dish installed just for the 2 "distant" rooms ??

I don't think that Dishes are that expensive.

That could be tricky or unreliable around that zone of the property - it's surrounded by 25-30M high trees. One of the buildings has a flat area of roof that was designed specifically for dishes and antennas, and is situated high & far enough away from trees to insure it always has clear line of sight - but as noted it would need 45-55M long cable runs to get to the last 2 points.

If I were to install a second dish for that area, would I need two subscriptions, or would a single 4-point subscription still work?

Edited by IMHO

No idea, but what about having another Dish installed just for the 2 "distant" rooms ??

That could be tricky or unreliable around that zone of the property - it's surrounded by 25-30M high trees. One of the buildings has a flat area of roof that was designed specifically for dishes and antennas, and is situated high & far enough away from trees to insure it always has clear line of sight - but as noted it would need 45-55M long cable runs to get to the last 2 points.

If I were to install a second dish for that area, would I need two subscriptions, or would a single 4-point subscription still work?

A second dish would of course not influence your subscription since the code is in the set top box.

I have also more than 50 meter of cable from my dish, pointed at a weaker satellite signal than the asiasat, running to my receivers without issues.

Make sure that you use the right coaxial cable as there is much difference in quality and use a good quality active multiswitch over a passive switch which will give insertion gain instead of a loss.

Edit to add : I also suggest that you don't split at the dish but where the main cable enters the building.

Edited by jbrain

A second dish would of course not influence your subscription since the code is in the set top box.

I have also more than 50 meter of cable from my dish, pointed at a weaker satellite signal than the asiasat, running to my receivers without issues.

Make sure that you use the right coaxial cable as there is much difference in quality and use a good quality active multiswitch over a passive switch which will give insertion gain instead of a loss.

Edit to add : I also suggest that you don't split at the dish but where the main cable enters the building.

Thanks for that, think I'll try the single dish option first and see how it goes.. I'd really like to avoid having a 2nd visible red dish anywhere ;)