can someone else register my motorbike

I've always been able to go to the shop where I bought my motorbike and they would handle the registration and insurance for me.  I've owned the bike for 6 years and after 5 years they said they couldn't do it for me anymore, and were unable to provide details on what I needed to do.  I understand I need to get an inspection.  I've talked to the staff at my condo and someone offered to do it for me.  I don't mind paying them a few baht if it will make things run more smoothly.  Has anyone done this before?  Any ideas what documents I need to provide?  I assume:

green book

copy of passport

copy of visa? 

current registration/insurance

I did do a search, I thought there may be a pinned topic but I didn't find one. 

If I do decide to do it myself, is it as simple as dropping it off at the inspection station with the required documents and will *they* deal with the thai bureaucracy for me?   

TIA

On 5/11/2024 at 2:29 PM, UWEB said:

Look for a Shop with this sign, they do the Inspection and arrange Insurance and Tax for you for a small fee.

image.gif.ebca8af833927fbeed0a963b6aa878de.gif

Yep they are the places, I will be taking my car today to one, by the time I've completed the insurance form, it will have been inspected, 200b and I don't go back or hang around, 50b for them to EMS docs back to me. :thumbsup:

Receipt is accepted by the cops if stopped apparently.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 10:45 AM, steve187 said:

you need a test, government insurance and the green book or copy, and the 100thb fee, anyone can do it, i use a drive through at the local LTO, no passport/visa required

You can't do it with a copy of the green book. Has to be the original as the details of the tax payment is registered in the book.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

You can't do it with a copy of the green book. Has to be the original as the details of the tax payment is registered in the book.

of course you can, just done mine, and lots of people on finance don't have the blue/green books, they are kept by the finance company, please don't post info that is incorrect

On 5/11/2024 at 8:56 AM, brian2322 said:

I've always been able to go to the shop where I bought my motorbike and they would handle the registration and insurance for me.  I've owned the bike for 6 years and after 5 years they said they couldn't do it for me anymore, and were unable to provide details on what I needed to do.  I understand I need to get an inspection.  I've talked to the staff at my condo and someone offered to do it for me.  I don't mind paying them a few baht if it will make things run more smoothly.  Has anyone done this before?  Any ideas what documents I need to provide?  I assume:

green book

copy of passport

copy of visa? 

current registration/insurance

I did do a search, I thought there may be a pinned topic but I didn't find one. 

If I do decide to do it myself, is it as simple as dropping it off at the inspection station with the required documents and will *they* deal with the thai bureaucracy for me?   

TIA

It sounds like it's the annual tax payment, for which you just needs green book, inspection approval and mandatory insurance. Other can do the service for you.

I have a car with and the insurance broker always do all for me; however I need to pass an inspection and get an approval, if the car has matured enough for that kind of health-check.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, steve187 said:

of course you can, just done mine, and lots of people on finance don't have the blue/green books, they are kept by the finance company, please don't post info that is incorrect

When the finance company holds your book you pay them, they pay the tax, and then they send you a copy of the relevant page showing the paid tax. You better check your socket to make sure it's not fake (if you only showed a copy of the book...)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

When the finance company holds your book you pay them, they pay the tax, and then they send you a copy of the relevant page showing the paid tax. You better check your socket to make sure it's not fake (if you only showed a copy of the book...)

rubbish, you need to tell my LTO they are doing vehicle tax renewal incorrect, as you seem to know better than them.

what is a socket

you think LTO are issuing a fake disc

Edited by steve187