How Long Do You Spend Daily On Thaivisa, On Average?

isanbirder

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What is the average time you think you spend on TV? I reckon I spend about 1/2 hour, so I'll check the second option.

I should add that I live in the sticks, use a dongle, and therefore have a slow connection!

Edited by isanbirder

My gf reckons she's a Thai Visa widow at the moment ... though I am stuck out in the sticks surrounded by alians who don't speak English.

Wait on ... I'm the alien here ... better get back to posting on Thai Visa ... biggrin.png

Just finishing off ... how-do-i-survive-living-at-the-farm-tips-and-tricks-please

EDIT ... my crap spelling (again)

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

I have it on in the background when the computer is on, along with another 3-4-5-6- Tabs open at the same time.. I do spend too much time on it though

Thanks, Bookman. Being an IT fumblewit, it didn't occur to me that someone might have other programs on at the same time.

My gf reckons she's a Thai Visa widow at the moment ... though I am stuck out in the sticks surrounded by alians who don't speak English.

Wait on ... I'm the alien here ... better get back to posting on Thai Visa ... biggrin.png

Just finishing off ... how-do-i-survive-living-at-the-farm-tips-and-tricks-please

EDIT ... my crap spelling (again)

Some shameless cross thread promotion david48 laugh.png

• Like 1

I have it on in the background when the computer is on, along with another 3-4-5-6- Tabs open at the same time.. I do spend too much time on it though

Me too. I always have it on when I'm supposed to be working, so at least 6 hours per day. I certainly makes the day go by faster.

It's my homepage but once I go on I also usually have other tabs open. Click back to TV to check 'new content'. Keeps one abreast of all the good news ya know.

I stay logged on on my phone also (just for when I need that fix while I'm out or at work).

Probably spend less than 30 minutes a day on TV now, in the past I spent much more time but don't find the post or posters nearly as interesting nowadays.

On the average I probably spend over 5 hours per day on the computer. Hardly ever watch television, haven't subscribed to tele for over a year and don't miss it much. My hearing as such that I can't understand much of what is being said and fortunately you don't have to listen to the computer.

Spend many hours a day reading, not near as much as my wife who averages about 6 books a week. Probably 3 times more than me.

Edited by BEENTHEREDONETHAT

Not addicted.....not, Not, NOT, I say! I can give it up any time I want..... Why should I give it up? I don't want to......whistling.gif

I let it run in the background in the evenings, and enjoy the bonhommie, wit and erudite discussion.....No, Wait! That's BBC Radio 4.... I also dip in to TV (when I can) during the day when I'm at the idiot factory, so long as I can get the Great Unwashed to settle and do some textbook exercises.

Forum use, pros & cons:

Here are some potential benefits of regular online forum participation:

• Intellectual exchange
  • Learning new ideas and refining old ones
  • Enjoying community membership
  • Influencing the forum's evolution
  • Contributing to others
  • Making new friends and contacts
  • New business leads
  • Keeping up with current events
  • Learning about new opportunities

Here are some potential negative effects of excessive forum usage:

• Reduced concentration and focus
  • Reduced productivity
  • Chronic procrastination
  • Increased pessimism and/or apathy
  • Being distracted by endless debates and idle gossip
  • Gradually substituting tribal group think for your own intelligence
  • Impaired social skills, neglected relationships, and a weakened social circle (a consequence of substituting online socialization for face-to-face conversations)
  • Reduced energy (forum participation is sedentary compared to more active social outlets)
  • Reduced self-esteem
  • Career and income may suffer (including loss of employment)
  • Forum addiction

Suggestions for using forums effectively and avoiding the negative side effects.

Forum use, pros & cons:

Here are some potential benefits of regular online forum participation:

• Intellectual exchange
  • Learning new ideas and refining old ones
  • Enjoying community membership
  • Influencing the forum's evolution
  • Contributing to others
  • Making new friends and contacts
  • New business leads
  • Keeping up with current events
  • Learning about new opportunities

Here are some potential negative effects of excessive forum usage:

• Reduced concentration and focus
  • Reduced productivity
  • Chronic procrastination
  • Increased pessimism and/or apathy
  • Being distracted by endless debates and idle gossip
  • Gradually substituting tribal group think for your own intelligence
  • Impaired social skills, neglected relationships, and a weakened social circle (a consequence of substituting online socialization for face-to-face conversations)
  • Reduced energy (forum participation is sedentary compared to more active social outlets)
  • Reduced self-esteem
  • Career and income may suffer (including loss of employment)
  • Forum addiction

Suggestions for using forums effectively and avoiding the negative side effects.

As they said on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-in Veeery interesting .... I think I got to line 12 and thencoffee1.gif ....errrrr...whistling.gif

tongue.png

3 hours plus a day (mostly reading the Topics,which some are quite long threads),I look upon time spent on TV and my Computer as Brain Exercise. Only this week it has been reported in the English Press that one of the best ways to fight off Altzeimers Disease,is to keep mentally active. which IMO Television doesn't have the same effect.

There is also the added advantage of keeping up with Knowledge of English,i'm sure those that live in villages long term,with no one but Thais to converse with,may have noticed their command of the English language,and spelling is not as sharp as it used to be?

• Like 1

3 hours plus a day (mostly reading the Topics,which some are quite long threads),I look upon time spent on TV and my Computer as Brain Exercise. Only this week it has been reported in the English Press that one of the best ways to fight off Altzeimers Disease,is to keep mentally active. which IMO Television doesn't have the same effect.

There is also the added advantage of keeping up with Knowledge of English,i'm sure those that live in villages long term,with no one but Thais to converse with,may have noticed their command of the English language,and spelling is not as sharp as it used to be?

I ticked the 1/2 - 1 hour box but agree with the above, much prefer reading subjects of interest on the internet rather than watching television.